• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Boards Table of Contents Vers. 2.7 (UPDATED: 7.14.2009) READ FIRST PLEASE

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
~Luigi Board TOC~

Attention everyone who visits the Luigi Boards~

This is the best place for anyone looking for information on Luigi tips, guides, Match Ups, and general tactical discussion about the Man In Green. Any newcomers should check here first to see what the WeeGee boards has to offer, as I will be linking all the major discussions and sources of info as they appear. Hopefully, this will allow Smashers new and old to find the information they need (and also check to see if something they want to post hasn't already been discovered/discussed).

NOTE:If you want to nominate a thread for the TOC, or want to edit a thread description, just leave a post here.

NOTE:DO NOT post character color threads on these boards, they WILL get locked immediately. That stuff is a waste of time -___-""

In addition, I've started the process of eliminating old topics and replacing them with new topics, and I'm playing it by ear. As I see fit, I am marking users inactive on the luigi boards as such, which basically makes their threads outdated. If you are not "inactive", tell me via message on this thread please. I want to know from these people if they are still around and just lurking, so I can ask then whenever or not they will be planning on returning to their threads anytime soon.

I'm still working out the bugs in this massive overhaul of the Luigi Boards, so I'd appreciate any suggestions/corrections. I'm releasing it in parts as I update it, but am thinking about redoing it into a more organized thread. If anyone knows an easier way to edit big threads like this without using the stupid edit window on the forums, I'd appreciate it too.

~A Super Luigi FAQ - The Basic Things 'n Links, for Beginners by SparkED ((INACTIVE USER))~

Overview~

This should be the first place to visit if you are just getting your feet wet with Luigi. This contains all the most commonly asked questions of beginner Luigi players. Reading this FAQ saves everyone the time and hassle of having to answer the same questions over and over again. If you want to make a good impression on the boards, don't post a thread asking one of the questions in this faq.

~The Green Machine: a Luigi Strategy Guide (UPDATED: 7/04/08) by locuan128~

Overview~

This is a great place to start off for anyone who needs an in depth guide to using Luigi. In this guide you will find a detailed overview of Luigi's moveset, from damage percents to move characteristics, which always helps to know. It also has both general and character specific tips to succeeding with Luigi as well as a list of his AT's (Yes, Luigi does have those >_>). It also has links to other sources of Luigi info, but thats why you are here to begin with right?

Mushroom Kingdom Cinema | Submit Luigi Videos Here! by Straked~

Overview~

Luigi Videos are presented here in all forms (doubles, singles, 1-player). You can nominate one of your own videos to be posted if it's dated post October 08'.

~The Incredible, "Edible," Fireball! v0.20 - Now In Red, Too!~ by SparkED ((INACTIVE USER))
Overview~

An important aspect you will find when using Luigi is his fireball. This simple move is sometimes overlooked by new players, when it is actually in fact probably the most useful thing to get good at with when using Luigi. SparkED gives a great guide on the many uses of the fireball, both on offense and defense, as well as some data/pictures on the move itself. It also gives important team strategies as well as tips as to how to use your fireball game against certain characters.

~Luigi General Discussion by Hippiedude92~
Overview~

General discussion for Luigi Boards, spam here, but don't be reckless.

~luigis d air spike hitbox information. by ThunderBolt333 ((INACTIVE USER))~
Overview~

This is the set discussion on the intricacy of Luigi's Dair Spike, should be looked at by anyone who wants to read about the spike, or has something to contribute.

~Luigi's Basement Journal: A NEW Luigi Moveset Discussion by Delta_BP26 ((INACTIVE USER))~

Overview~

This is a discussion on Luigi's moveset, that is generally more updated than the Luigi guide itself. This is a nice complement to the Luigi guide, as its more discussion based and offers more insight about the uses of each of Luigi's moves. Tips not listed in the guide usually pop up here, as everyone throws in their two cents. It is also an archive of information about moves previously discussed.

EDIT: I'll leave this one up, but it hasn't been updated in a while.

~Buffering Applications by ALiAsVee~

Overview~

Exactly what the title suggests, it's a guide to utilizing the buffering system in Brawl to your advantage.

EDIT:: This one is due for an update too, I just need to kick the OT's *** a little bit more.

~Luigi Brand _________ remover by Kigbariom~
Overview~

Unique twist on the character matchup thread. This thread emphasizes HOW to beat a character, rather than the pros and cons of a particular match up. In the end, it makes the thread more to the point, and the written word is more useful than ratios anyday.

~Luigi Ditto Ladder 2009 (ALWAYS OPEN) by Elheber~

Overview~

This is the place to go to find a simple luigi ladder among the other guys on the boards. Its good practice fighting multiple Luigis, since gameplay varies with the person.

~Unblockable Jab follow-ups & Frame Data [[COMPLETE]] by Magus420~
Overview~

Pretty much everything you'd need to know about what you can follow up with off of Luigi's Jab 1 (the 1st hit out of the 3 in the sequence).
^^^ This.

~Luigi Frame Data~ by Magus420
Overview~

All the frame data for Luigi's moves.

~The habits of a highly effective luigi. by Cr4sh ((INACTIVE USER))~

Overview~

General tips and tricks to being a more effective Luigi that aren't already covered in guides; more up to date.

~Down Throw Follow ups (Vids Included) by Themann~
Overview~

A mini guide on down throw, its applications, and some mindgames that come with mastering the move.

~Aerial Strings by Elheber~
Overview~

A comprehensive look at the pros and cons of every Short Hop Aerial String (Double or Triple Aerial Attacks) that Luigi can do; along with autocancel, lag, and hitbox frame data. Plus more to come later.
~The Super ______ Bros: A Luigi Team Match Up Discussion by ALiAsVee~[[INACTIVE]]
Overview~

This is my attempt at making a useful thread covering a topic that hasn't been elaborated too much on on the boards. I hope this to be a think tank of strategies and ideas regarding different characters matching up with Luigi in Doubles style. I'm pretty good on keeping up with threads, so I'm willing to make this work if the community is. Either way, I'm archiving the discussion so if/when the boards cannot be bothered to discuss this topic, we can pick it up at a later date without repeating information. This is part of a series of threads I plan to make to create a user-friendly repertoire of knowledge.

EDIT:: This one is due for an update too, I just need to kick the OT's *** a little bit more.

~HONING IN -- How to approach, and what to do once you have by Delvro ((INACTIVE USER))~

Overview~

As the world turns and the mushroom kingdom evolves -- it's denizens fretting about the latest princess kidnapping -- people tend to forget about the heroes of old, and instead favor the newest, most trendy celebrities of the time. There are those who have forgotten the martial arts that are more powerful than the crane style, the monkey style, or even the Meta-Knight style... I am talking about, of course, the Luigi style.

Now, you wouldn't be here if you've forgotten about Luigi, would you?
Good. Then, this 古流 is for those who already know the basic moves of Luigi, but are frustrated by the apparent lack of their useful application against the celebrities of today (Mega-Knight, King Dumbledore, and others)
~Luigi's Signature Moves Kill Percentages (incomplete) by Crewster ((INACTIVE USER))~

Overview~

This is measured from the middle of FD and with no DI by me (Crewster). I know it's not complete, I' working on it. If you think I should add any other moves just post.

~How to Get Better with Luigi by Hippie~

Overview~

Pertinent information to extending your strategy as an intermediate Luigi player, Hippie brings up relevant points that are often overlooked by newcomers as they hit "walls" in their games. This is a source of information useful to a newcomer after they've gone over the basics.

~Negative Zone Dining Etiquette: The Luigi Board's Subculture by Atash~

Overview~

The green thunder has so many attributes of weirdness (as many if not more-so than Mario, Wario, and Bowser combined [Peach not so much due to innuendos :-D ]) that there must be creativity abound - if only for the 'lawls' regarding them. This thread is an invitation for randomness and hilarity both constructive and empty; there may be bad puns, but there are no bad ideas. The worst puns are often some of the best ideas - so spew them out!

I will collect videos, music, pictures, puns, plays on language, insults to the Nintendo cast (including Luigi :-P ), and even creative flames (as long as they aren't directed at other board members). I mean - really. Totally lose your inhibitions here. :-P

Way to get people a bit more involved. Perhaps even entertain those who lurk to the point that they attempt to play Luigi a bit, just for the 'LoL's perhaps.
~Green Glossary: The Proper Names of Luigi's Moves and ATs by Elheber~

Overview~

This not only an up-to-date glossary of proper terms and definitions of Luigi's moves, but also a discussion that will keep said glossary up-to-date.[/b] We can, then, discuss what names should be added, removed, or changed to fit Luigi's current metagame and trends. If you find something that should be added/removed/changed, discuss it.

~Luigi Xat Chatroom by Crewster~ ((INACTIVE USER))

Overview~

A Chatroom made for the Luigi Boards. Good place to organize friendlies and just hang out. No flaming.

~Edit History~
August 21, 2008; Version 1.1: Thread is opened.
August 22, 2008; Version 1.1: Thread is closed untill further notice.
August 28, 2008; Version 1.2: Open again until ThaRoy makes an update, because we need an updated TOC one way or another. Added Dair discussion thread and Luigi Canceling applications thread.
October 3, 2008; Version 1.3: STICKY. replaced video thread with the Grime Hall. Added Luigi Ditto Match up Thread a la elheber.
October 11, 2008; Version 1.4: Added Luigi Chatroom.
October 20, 2008; Version 1.5: Added Nair guide, frame data, Up-B guide, and habits to being a better Luigi.
October 22, 2008; Version 1.6: Added Dthrow Guide.
November 7, 2008; Version 1.7: Added Aerial String Analysis
November 8, 2008; Version 1.8: Updated Luigi Ladder description and Grime Hall.
November 10, 2008; Version 1.9: Replaced WeeGee Moveset Discussion with Luigi's Basement Journal: A NEW moveset Discussion (Because the old one died.) Some minor Grammar Blemishes corrected.
December 6, 2008: Version 2.0: Added Luigi Team Match Up Discussion.
December 11, 2008: Version 2.1: Added Crewster's Semi F-Throw Chain Discussion.
January 29, 2009: Version 2.2: Added Luigi Xat Chatroom link.
February 6, 2009: Version 2.3: Housekeeping; grammar and general ease of use improved. Removed Hippie's Q/A for Vist's.
February 14, 2009: Version 2.4: Added Delvro's approaching Guide, edited Magus' Jab > UpB analysis to general Jab Set Ups, per request. Changed Team Match up Discussion to INACTIVE pending update by ALiAs in due time. Happy Valentine's Day Punks.
April 9, 2009: Version 2.5: Added Crewster's KO percent thread and Luigi Breakroom social group.
May 16, 2009: Version 2.6: Added Hippie's thread to advancing the metagame past the beginner level.
June 12,2009: Version 2.61: Began a massive overhaul of the ToC. Started to mark users inactive, replace threads, add several new threads that have been busy, and eliminate irrelevant stuff. In addition, I took out some cheesy stuff that has lingered since version 1.1.
July 17, 2009: Version 2.7: Finished graphical part of rehaul, more to come.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Extra Post in case i run out of space~ lol...

No one likes the Luigi boards, thats why we never get stickies xD

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
That's cool, can anyone tell me how to edit titles to threads though? Cause i want to "close" it so there is only one TOC.

Neb

Smash Lord
Hey, just pm a mod and ask for a sticky, its as easy as that.
Also, is it okay if I make the vid thread now?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

crewster

Smash Lord
Extra Post in case i run out of space~ lol...

No one likes the Luigi boards, thats why we never get stickies xD
If I become a mod the two places where I would like to mod would be the Brawl luigi boards and Europe.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I see, they are written at the end of the page, I always wondered what random mods names were doing at the bottom of the screen.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
We need a Stage Discussion thread, but I am already handling the matchup's can anyone here take the initiative to do/create a Stage Discussion thread?

Kiyoo

Smash Rookie
Sup people, I've decided I wanted to get better with Luigi since his air game like, makes others look like poop. I hope to have some pretty sweet discussions and I hope I can get some pretty sweet *** tips here.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Sup people, I've decided I wanted to get better with Luigi since his air game like, makes others look like poop. I hope to have some pretty sweet discussions and I hope I can get some pretty sweet *** tips here.
Welcome to the boards, check out all of the threads on the TOC for starters.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
ALiAs, can you find that buffering guide that you so graciously made, I think that should be in here for reference.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Please add a friendly reminder that Luigi costume color threads are unacceptable in all circumstances.

Top Bottom