• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Matchup Center

HelpR

Smash Ace
hey lucas boards, long time no see. I'd like to ask for olimar to be discussed, as the little guy seems like he's gonna be a bit more common in the near future with MK gone.

D

Deleted member

Well, I would like to suggest discussing the matchups in the order of the tier list upside down. It has worked for the Falco boards really nice, and it helps getting the easy matchups out of the way to discuss the really hard ones with a little more time. Just a suggestion, though. I'm voting Captain Falcon.
My reasoning for doing it this way is that it gives players a chance to vote on matchup discussions that have been personally giving them trouble. While going on reverse tier list order may be "easier", it doesn't help the players themselves as much.

Vote Count:
Captain Falcon: 2
Diddy: 1
Olimar: 1
G&W: 1
Zelda: 1

D

Deleted member

Well, it seems things have drawn to a stop after that last vote, so it looks like we'll be discussing Mr. Game & Watch.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmm, is it going to be discussed here or somewhere else? if here i'll be interested, seeing as my brother annoyes me with G&W to no end with his annoying SPAMMABLE ATTACKS!

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
can we do snake please?
Snake...

That match is so hard.

Snake will kill Lucas with not a very high %,and Lucas will need alot % on Snake to kill him.

Pk fire spam is effective,to explode Snake´s bombs and cause some damage on him.

Defensive fight here is EXTREMELY necessary,also with Pk fire spam and avoiding Snake´s attacks and C4 at the floor.

Try to Pivot Grab Snake,its good to punish a wrong approach.

Its not that hard to edgeguard Snake,also you can use Pk thunder,Pk freeze or go and attack him when he gets the cypher.

Lucas can recovery very well,Snake Hope,PSI,Pk thunder are all good to recover in this match.

But... Snake can really **** Lucas with his strong attacks and with his bombs and C4...

For me,this Match is: :snakebrawl:75-25:lucasbrawl:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I don´t know about Snake players around,but if you need help with Lucas,ask me,I think I can help with some things...

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I understand your point.

But I like the idea of players of the same character united and making discussions about his MUs and techniques...

There´s a MU analyzed by me, Lucas vs Yoshi: http://forum.1upsmash.com/topic/8339822/1/

Its all in portuguese,but I think google translator can help.

You can request my translation too.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
I think we should do MK next... There's so many that I think it's the most important one. It's definitely not bad as it used to seem. I know Mekos could drop some major knowledge on the matchup. The video he has versus Ally is very impressive.

If we do Pikachu, I can help a lot on that one. Not sure how much he is seen elsewhere though. That matchup for us his hella fun.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather have the diddy matchup instead of the DK one... Lucas does well against bigger champs. There are so many diddy's in LA, it's crazy.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Esotera... anyways, I was just putting suggestions out here, I don't know anything about the voting or whatever. Just want to get some more conversation going on these boards.

When can we start voting? Who moderates this? I volunteer to if no one feels like doing it :)

PSI Nexus

Smash Cadet
So are we not allowed to simply discuss a MU when there isn't a Mod to 'officially' start it? I don't really see why we can't just discuss for the sake of discussion - it's not like anyone else looks in these threads.

Jimmy?

Smash Apprentice
I'd like a discussion on Snake, I play one a lot and really have no idea what to do. D:

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
I've got finals this week, so I'll start writing some on these MUs after I get done with them. I'll see what everyone wants done by the end of the week and I'll try to work on it.

Mekos if you're looking, you should send me some skype info or something (or we all can do this, I've seen it work with the pikachu's) so we can talk about MUs and what-not.

D

Deleted member

The exports are just more organized and are a helpful resource to keep all the data. I have ones we have finished discussing linked in the OP.

Just haven't done them in a while because interest in the discussions around here faded quite dramatically, but if you want, we can vote on opening a new export now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Let's start with this.

Why did this die down again? There are still MUs to discuss and plenty to go. Plus with our character becoming more popular, we will need to discuss MUs again and go more in-depth with them. Also with the BBR posts w.r.t. Lucas there are some MUs that I know I disagree with in terms of the rating and would love to get other people's opinions on.

I vote :olimar: personally. If anyone else feels there is a MU they would like to take a crack at discussing, be sure to bring it up.

Edit: Wow, the OP is super out of date. Let's fix that a tad.

:lucas:
-3: :dk2: :marth: :sheik: :sheilda: :snake:
-2: :dedede: :diddy: :gw: :popo: :kirby2: :metaknight: :olimar: :peach: :pikachu2: :pit: :pt: :toonlink: :wario:
-1: :bowser2: :falco: :fox: :ike: :lucario: :ness2: :rob: :wolf: :yoshi2: :zerosuitsamus:
0: :luigi2: :sonic:
1: :falcon: :link2: :mario2: :samus2: :zelda:
2: :ganondorf: :jigglypuff:

This is a little sad seeing some of the -2/-1's.

Some shocker ones are Kirby/ICs/Olimar/Pikachu/Pit/Bowser/Ike/Ness/Yoshi

Let me guess, we still don't have Lucas Reps in the BRR yet? Okay Mekos/Pink/FAE, get to work on an application please.

Top Bottom