• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Matchup Center

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Hm Olimar
approaching is way too hard, his shield grab is so good and he is too short for our dair. the only way i find i can get him to approach is if i get some hard reads (really really hard reads) and then a gimp/kill, then camp and run away with PKT.

camping with PK fire is too hard to use as his pikmin just eat it and he throws them twice as fast as us. what i try and do is hit some white pikmin back at him >:D or just normal pikmin.

i saw somewhere that oli has no shield armour, so would a jab approach work, say out of airdodge and rope snake?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'll probably end up making an Olimar thread soonish because that is one I feel will hold discussion in it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Bump for next MU debate topic.

My vote's for :zerosuitsamus: because I have that fresh in the mind and me and FAE recently did a lengthy MU conversation about her. We feel it's 0.

If not ZSS, I say :pikachu2: because it's not -2.

Jimmy?

Smash Apprentice
My MU knowledge is a little shaky from not having played all summer, but during the school year I play both a Pikachu and a ZSS (and an Olimar), so I'll try to contribute something. C: Both of those match ups are things I'd like to discuss just because I play them often enough that I'd like to try refining my tactics.

Jimmy?

Smash Apprentice
Well I play the Pikachu more and he's waaaay better than me, so I'd probably like more tips on how to get an edge there.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I don't play any Pikachu's, but It's obvious the MU is not -2.
ZSS would be a nice read, there's a good ZSS in Aus but he lives in SA and only comes to VIC for majors. (which is soon)
Lucario probably after these two characters?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alrighty, we get someone else to vote for one of Pika/ZSS, we'll do them and then the next on after. Since it seems down the middle, I honestly don't mind which we do first.

-2 on Pika just makes me want to discuss that one more because...well yeah.

Edit: You know what, I change my vote to Pikachu so you guys alright if I create the thread for that soon?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yeah, I was reading that and that was just very weird. We will get a real MU hopefully up sooner or later.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Zero Suit Samus would be nice to discuss, there's much more to this matchup than absorbing, I think we need to discuss when to expect them to use her attacks that will just heal us, a lot of Lucas mains including myself could probably find information on her matchup REALLY useful.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
ZSS seens to be very even,except in beginning of the match because of her's pieces.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I normally have a hard time fighting her, not much matchup experience, and I always magnet at the wrong time.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
FAE need to gives his opinion,he plays both characters lol

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha alright, I have been lazy but I will get you guys your ZSS export up tonight with my conversation with FAE I had on that MU and my view on it.

It's 0/-1 imo.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Thanks, I'll help out on other matchups and whatever ones we have and we can get these matchups more precise, cuz Bowser should obviously be 0 imo, and so should a lot of characters.

Anyways G'Night.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I have fun seeing the discussions of the persons that never plays Lucas or Bowser and says it's a +1 Bowser or a +1 Lucas.

It's even imo

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I did laugh a little when they said Lucas lost to Bowser. It's even, to being in Lucas' favor.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
lucas does really well against bigger characters when he gets in.
our follow up potential is amazing because of their size and little knockback + electric stun

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Send Omni a tip! That's juicy info.

If i met sakurai I would thank my lucky stars and represent Lucas and tell him why Lucas is in Brawl's LT (or hopefully MT) and what can be done about it. :D

Too bad the chances of that are like, infinity to none. :(

If i'm lucky then infinity to one. :/

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey guys, uhm, it's been about a month since we did our last one. Do you guys want to move on to someone else?

I feel we should do someone fun like Mario or Bowser or Peach. (in a Mario universe mood lol)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Mario is a common character on low tiers tourneys.

Discuss him!

Top Bottom