• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Matchup Center

D

Deleted member

The Lucas Matchup Center!

-----------------------------------------------

With the release of the Official Brawl Back Room Matchup Chart and seeing the inactivity in the previous matchup thread's discussion, I figured it's about time for a reboot. This thread will be a resource for viewing matchup numbers and voting on future matchup discussions, but will not be an actual matchup discussion thread.

First off...

1. The New Matchup Rating System.

Out with the old ratio system and in with the new number system! Basically, in a matchup versus another character, Lucas is given one number from -4 to +4. If the number is negative, that means he is at a disadvantage in the matchup, but if the number is positive, then it is in our boy's favor. As you probably might have guessed, if the number is 0, then the matchup is even.

Here's how the numbers are rated:

-4: (close to) unwinnable
-3: large disadvantage/hard countered
-2: medium disadvantage
-1: small disadvantage
0: even
+1: small advantage
+2: medium advantage
+3: large advantage/hard counter
+4: (close to) unloseable

2. Lucas's Brawl Back Room Official Matchup Spread

:lucas:
------
-4: :dk2:
-3: :snake: :marth: :sheilda: :sheik:
-2: :metaknight: :diddy: :wario: :olimar: :dedede: :gw: :toonlink: :kirby2: :pit: :peach: :pt:
-1: :falco: :popo: :pikachu2: :lucario: :zerosuitsamus: :fox: :rob: :wolf: :ike: :ness2: :yoshi2: :bowser2:
0: :sonic: :mario2: :samus2:
1: :luigi2: :falcon: :zelda:
2: :jigglypuff: :link2: :ganondorf:
3. The Lucas Board Official Matchup Spread

:lucas:
------
-4:
-3:
-2: :dedede: :pit:
-1: :kirby2: :wario:
0:
1:
2:
4. Current and Past Matchup Discussions

The discussions will take place in individual matchup export threads. The opening posts of each thread will break them down in the following format once the discussion is finished:

Character:
Current BBR MU Rating:
What to watch out for:
Stages
-Strike:
-Ban:
-Counterpicks:
Lucas Boards Matchup Rating:

Matchup Summaries:

------------

New matchup discussions will be voted on in this thread. I'll let you guys know in the thread title when we're in a voting phase. Afterwards, I'll let the other character boards know so they can take part in the discussion, as there is no doubt that their input is needed and greatly appreciated.

Current Export: :gwbrawl:

Completed Exports:

-Click on the character icons to view their respective matchup exports.

1. :dedede:
2. :pit:
3. :kirby2:
4. :wario:
5. :wolf:

---------

Past Matchup Threads:

Late August of 2009 - March of 2011: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246877
April of 2008 - December of 2008: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163465

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm sticking this so people can see it better and let's make this the official MU center since it seems to be gaining popularity with the DDD MU export and it'd be nice to re-do it especially with the old thread being so outdated with the new BBR MU release.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Much more. Olimar having a -2 makes sense. Kirby, on the other hand, is definitely not a -2.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kirby/Olimar are def not -2s *shrug*

I also thought Pit being a -2 as funny to see as well. :rolleyes:

Then again I'll be fair and say that's my opinion on them.

D

Deleted member

Alright! The voting starts now.

Which matchup do you guys want to discuss? I'm gonna put in a vote for Ice Climbers.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote Count

:popo: = 2

:pit: = 2

:luigi2: = 1

ICs we did, even though long ago, was one of our most recent MU exports. Luigi is fine at us being +1 against him personally.

Pit I would like to see discussion on. -2 is a bit steep.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, let's talk about Pit. Changing my vote to him as well.

I'll give it until tomorrow evening in case something drastic changes in the votes, but I doubt it, haha.

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm not arguing with it, but i'm wondering the reason that DK is so effective against lucas. Surely lucas is able to do something to him?

Saux

Smash Apprentice
Its my humble opinion that Lucas can beat DK through use of gay campy short hop pk fires, and no getting grabbed!

D

Deleted member

It's time to get the next export underway! Who do you guys want to discuss?

I'll throw in a vote for Fox.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote Count

:fox: (1): Auspher

:kirby2: (3): J, KoozyKirs, Day000

:pt: (3): allshort17, T-Block, Chuee

PT's fine with me as well. =P

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote Count

:fox: (1): Auspher

:kirby2: (5): J, KoozyKris, Day000, ΡΨ, Segastorm

:pt: (3): allshort17, T-Block, Chuee

D

Deleted member

Um.....I'll be at SiiS5 all weekend, so the export won't be up until Sunday. I think it's safe to say that you can expect a Kirby MU discussion in the very near future.

D

Deleted member

You guys can expect to see the Kirby export up by this evening.

Top Bottom