• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Lucas Zelda is a pretty good team. Since Zelda's smashes are long multihit moves, it's really easy for Lucas to make some kind of followup while they're in it trying to SDI out, or for extra shield pressure. eg: Zelda Usmash + Lucas Dair or if an opponent's shielding, Zelda Fsmash --> Lucas slightly charged Dsmash. Then Din's is really easy to heal off of and it forces the opponent to shield if they and the Lucas are farther away from the Zelda, meaning Lucas gets away scott-free. Plus both Lucas and Zelda can kill reasonably early, so that's a plus. Lucas can help Zelda offstage with PKT, and Zelda can help Lucas offstage with Din's.

If Lucas stands behind Zelda and both opponents or the only opponent left is on the other side, Zelda can repeatedly use Din's while Lucas spams PK Freeze and PK Thunder. It's kinda hard to get around, because it messes with their shield timings and when they get too close the Zelda can just hit them away again.
I love this team :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lucas Zelda is a pretty good team. Since Zelda's smashes are long multihit moves, it's really easy for Lucas to make some kind of followup while they're in it trying to SDI out, or for extra shield pressure. eg: Zelda Usmash + Lucas Dair or if an opponent's shielding, Zelda Fsmash --> Lucas slightly charged Dsmash. Then Din's is really easy to heal off of and it forces the opponent to shield if they and the Lucas are farther away from the Zelda, meaning Lucas gets away scott-free. Plus both Lucas and Zelda can kill reasonably early, so that's a plus. Lucas can help Zelda offstage with PKT, and Zelda can help Lucas offstage with Din's.

If Lucas stands behind Zelda and both opponents or the only opponent left is on the other side, Zelda can repeatedly use Din's while Lucas spams PK Freeze and PK Thunder. It's kinda hard to get around, because it messes with their shield timings and when they get too close the Zelda can just hit them away again.
I love this team :D
That reminds me of lucas dittos, especially the last part. :-)

I'm likely going to a tournament this weekend, so wish me luck guys. I'll see what I can bring back, but I haven't played brawl in ages and might... not... be very good. :-/

But here's hoping i'll do ok. ^_^

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
We should have had that tourney but M2k was real tired and hadn't slept in two days. This caused him to not play like his usual self during dubs. Amazingly enuff he still won singles!

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
We should have had that tourney but M2k was real tired and hadn't slept in two days. This caused him to not play like his usual self during dubs. Amazingly enuff he still won singles!
Now you know that he is a robot, Mekos.
yet, we still don't know why he didn't main R.O.B xD...

Prophet22

Smash Rookie
I just wish I will be able to make it to whobo 4 and compete because of all the stuff I have yaaaaaaay this will be interesting

:phone:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yer talking about Collision right?
Pelca in winners.
And Deltacod in losers. Game 3 against delta I was 0 to 93%ing him and then sd lolololol. Oh well.
After that there was no coming back. Cuz of course he just camped the rest. That is what brawl singles is tho. If I didn't sd I would have won by camping him the whole game and running away lolol.

Chuee

Smash Hero
After that there was no coming back. Cuz of course he just camped the rest. That is what brawl singles is tho. If I didn't sd I would have won by camping him the whole game and running away lolol.
Sounds exactly like Delta lol.

jd00824

Smash Rookie
So........does anyone have any Olimar experience? Ran into one the other day and found myself spending more time dodging pikmin than actually fighting :glare:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, olimar's a toughie if you're a close-combat kinda guy because it's hard to approach him. If he uses his side-special at you, though, it doesn't do any knockback which means it doesn't interrupt PK freeze, which is nice.

But otherwise I don't meet Olimar's much either, unfortunately for me almost everyone around me in the competitive scene uses marth, falco or snake. Some use Pit, ICs, Bowser (just met one this last tournament), DK and D3, but most are one of the former 3.

In any case, i'll let you guys know how I went at the tournament today!! *posts some stuff from the kirby boards so he doesn't have to type it all out* - My furthest was in one of the brawl singles brackets, it was a reasonably large bracket and I got pushed out of winners straight away. I progessed in losers for a little while before being knocked out just before the quarter-finals.

Doubles (surprisingly) went pretty horribly, my brother and I got knocked out of winners, then batted out again in losers, which is pretty sad considering we came 3rd last time, so we'll just have to practice more for next time.

I missed out on brawl low tier bracket, I suspect had I gone in there I would have progressed a tad further than I did, but in any case, the tournament was great and some of the matches were intense! I even got some matches recorded. Most of them are lucas but some are ness. I'll post all of them, so you can take a look if you like. BE AWARE HOWEVER that I have fallen back in to some old habits that i should not have, mainly rolling too much. It's mainly because after last tournament I stopped playing brawl for ages and then only picked it back up a couple days ago, picking the darn habit back up again before this tournament, so if you'll excuse that flaw i'm going to work on it again and try to get it under control.

Feel free to critique them when they come out, suggest what i can do better, what's working well, what I should discontinue, stuff like that, i'm sure you know the drill better than I do so i'll let you nut that out.

In any case, even though I didn't place that well, the tournament was fun and that's what's important, IMO. I'm really looking forward to seeing the results and vids when they do come out i'll post them here for you to look at.

Every tournament I go to is a big step-up in my learning curve and even though I didn't play much between last tournament and this one I still felt myself getting better, more used to playing against lots of different play-styles and so on. It's great to see the old friends and meet new ones and in general, every tournament fogs up in my mind until it eventually becomes a hazy, misty dream that I treasure going over.

Man, smash is great. ^>^

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Smash is to fun :)

oh yer I think I got the hang of B-sticking now

Luco if I come down to Sydney next year you can I can have the most awsome Lucario/Lucas team EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stronger I get the more I can recover you :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Smash is to fun :)

oh yer I think I got the hang of B-sticking now

Luco if I come down to Sydney next year you can I can have the most awsome Lucario/Lucas team EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stronger I get the more I can recover you :D
Weeeeee! Sounds fun hehe, although my brother teams up with me atm, if he gets sick of them then that sounds great.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Weeeeee! Sounds fun hehe, although my brother teams up with me atm, if he gets sick of them then that sounds great.
I'm sure you bro could give up teaming with you for one tourney but I doesn't worry me, your a bro team so I can't try to break that for any tourney :)

I'll try to team with dre if you two team <3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
We're close, but that wouldn't stop him from getting sick of them if he does. But I suspect he still has another few tournies in him, so it'd be nice to see you and dre together. Unfortunately dre's Bowser is having trouble with doubles because it's harder to use some of his combos without hitting the other team-mate or getting interrupted by the opponent's team-mate.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I just watched Mekos vs Logic, and i'm wondering why you didn't use nair as an approach option? just a query because my friend plays olimar (not that hes good lol) but nair seems to work, but maybe hes not using moves he should to stop it.. i dunno

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Unfortunately Nair doesn't have great priority and can be shielded or simply out-prioritized by one of olimar's smashes if it isn't done at the right time. :-/

Although I could be wrong there, i'm not that great a lucas so you'll want to seek advice from the other lucases here. :p

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Good stuff at the tourney Luco!

As for Olimar, I played one in friendlies and I din't do so bad. Mostly because I studied the match between Mekos and Logic. I used to nair against attached pikmen till I noticed that Mekos jabs wrecked it. But anyways, I was plaing this guys Olimar and was getting upset that I keep jabing his pikmen so he went all agro instead of defensive...till he did later on. Catched up and manage to wing it. So remeber kids, jab once or twice to get rid of pikmen! :D

Anyways, my tournament at NLL was horrible. I end up fighting Trump, fox player, and I have no idea how that match up work, thus ending up using Wario, witch ended in a close match. Then I face a Luigi, and again, I studied that 3 stocked match that Mekos posted earlier and manage to win that match, the second match was a little crazy as I was being to risky and almost got poked twice! BTW, I like to thank Kyon for reminding me to use PK Thunder at the end of the match as I was thinking of what options I can take out of luigi's recovery. I'll post the link of the video whenever GDX post it. And then...ugh, I end up playing D-Torr's ZSS, witch is another match I don't know much about. Not only that, both players that I lost to know how my lucas work and was force to use Wario to get close matches. mmhmm.

yup, I am still bad at this game xD.

jd00824

Smash Rookie
Ha it's funny......I go from straining myself to get to oli.......to immediately fleeing the country just to keep my spacing with Marth

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Is there any input required for a PKT2 cancel or is it just the angle you hit the platforms on?
I'm pretty sure it's the angle, if you're describing what i think you are. Then again, I have had some ones where i think i'm going to hit the platform and then just slide across it, so i'm unsure.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Just the angle and the height of your jump in relation to the platform is all that matters. It's hard to do usually.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
can anyone show me a video on how to DI or help me DI away from Falcos lame chain grab? had a round robin yesterday and i was kicking my friends ***. hes curently #3 in AZ falco main. but the last stocks on both matches he ended with a chain grab and i was at less then 5% which sucked because i was ahead a stock both times.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Falco is a bad matchup. Di up and away, and tech the spike by pushing the c-stick and the joystick towards the stage.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
im still kinda confused in DI. DI meaning just hold c stick and joystick up and away or tap both after being thrown down?

so lame how easy falco is to me and other top tiers -_- but i love a challenge

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ahh hehe, good ol' DI can be awesome. I really started noticing it's effects when I tried online sudden death matches on Shadow Moses Island. Too much fun. :D

Btw I was playing the other day on green, greens. I had a high percentage and got hit diagonally upwards, and I somehow teched off one of the falling star blocks. It was insane. :-D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
So many fun things can happen on BB. For instance, you can have fun with sonic. He almost keeps up with the cars on the track. He can't do it indefinitely, but definitely way longer than anyone else and you just have to jump a couple times to get back on the cars and do it again. Lots of fun to trick people with haha.

Top Bottom