• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
nasty, there's this thing you can do on smashville and lylat. for lylat and smashville (and some other stages) you can do a Dj dair (while holding down) from under the platforms and it will magically cancel on the platform, with you crouching and free to do whatever you desire. it's pretty hard to do as the vertical distance under the platform from which this works is pretty strict, but it's pretty easy to do on lylat, moderately easy on smashville and i can't get it to work on battlefield even though i've done it once accidentally. can you do some more research on this? because it's a really nice way to get onto platforms quickly.

although, since we have FH dair, not being able to do it on battlefield isn't exactly much of a problem.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
nasty, there's this thing you can do on smashville and lylat. for lylat and smashville (and some other stages) you can do a Dj dair (while holding down) from under the platforms and it will magically cancel on the platform, with you crouching and free to do whatever you desire. it's pretty hard to do as the vertical distance under the platform from which this works is pretty strict, but it's pretty easy to do on lylat, moderately easy on smashville and i can't get it to work on battlefield even though i've done it once accidentally. can you do some more research on this? because it's a really nice way to get onto platforms quickly.

although, since we have FH dair, not being able to do it on battlefield isn't exactly much of a problem.
I thought that only worked on moving platforms?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
oh wow I totally did not think that till you said something rPSI :laugh:

anyways to make this post relevant. HailCrest are you talking about Platform Cancelling?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
lol @rPSI.. i see what u did to Dajay's post.

@ APC... Thanks buddy... i trained and practiced to be able to master it. It's something that needs to be mastered bc you never know when you're gonna need to do it in tourney. Did you ever get a wii so you can practice C-bounce yet?

@Hailcrest... interesting, i'll be sure to check it out.. and see if there is any lag in it.

I tested the AT that FAE showed us on RC... it's not too difficult, i feel i've got it down on command now. I also tested it on several stages (Halberd, YI, Pictochat, Frigate Orpheon, other parts of RC) and i couldn't get it to work on any of them. *sigh*

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
no hes just my biggest fan.
trufax.
yuuuuup, pretty much =P

omg! I did soooooo much work in that MU thread tonight x_____x

so fricking tedious but eh at least it looks alot better and it has some easier things.

Edit: 1 hour and 30 minutes it took me.....wtf going to sleep

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I see. Well it looked like you were HWDing in the video and it looks so similar to HWD that I thought that's what it was. And I thought Ness and Lucas shared exactly the same dj properties, guess you learn something knew each day. Not that knowing the differences between Ness and Lucas helps me since I don't even secondary Lucas.

Kole

Smash Lord
I just play Diddy as a secondary

doesn't really beat Snake and Marth but does pretty well against them. I use him mostly cause i find him fun lol.

Kole

Smash Lord
Nooo ;_;

Now the Lucas boards will be cursed with inactivity yet again!

Top Bottom