• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Tikao

Smash Ace
replacing the main protagonist of a game?
they could replace the main protagonist with another protagonist of the game, which makes no sense, because lucas is the MAIN protagonist
or they would ad another earthboundchar to replace lucas, which makes no sense either, because then they wouldn't have a mother3 char (so japan wouldn't do that)

so it wouldn't make any sense to replace him, they could ad another earthbound/mother char (which would be awesome by the way), but i don't think this happens :/
would be a villain (porky or masked man)
but porky doesn't fits in brawl, because he doesn't fights for himself
so it would be the masked man ... and that would be awesome

no ninten for ssb :C

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Aaaaaaanyways, what are some of your guy's predictions for the new game?
weird movesets, as in the attack animations will be very unorthodox from what ssb is used to
and i dont think there will be 'combos' as such. knockback seems very high from the videos

Itd be the best though if pikas quick attack would still be able to be jump cancelled.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I really like what i've seen so far. The gameplay looks really great, the shields look different and interesting, characters movesets look fantastic... I can't wait to see it all! :D

Tikao

Smash Ace
yeah i know, but there is no antagonist of earthbound who would fit in the game
Porky doesn't fights for himself, he wouldn't fit in ssb at all imo
masked man is not exactly an antagonist, but he fights against lucas, so he would be the closest + movepool with his sword and psi attacks and flying-bat thingy
Giygas hmm yeah, you can't grasp the true form of his moveset ... and he isn't an antagonist either
george hmm yeah, moveset problem again, + wouldn't fit at all aaaand nobody knows him anyway xD (but he is THE antagonist of the game, everything startet here, which is the problem)
maybe fasad, but he doesn't have some kind of a special power or something like that, what shoulkd he do in ssb? talk you into buying a happybox? yeah he can fly and has saxophons bam, wouldn't fit in ssb either

but jeff/duster would be awesome

... and don't even think of replacing lucas ......

I'll find you

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have this strange feeling Megaman is going to be all hype and not that actually good as a character. *shrug* Wii Fit Girl seems to be really strong with how quick she moves and how strong her moves look. Villager looks like he is just gonna be fun to play.

From what I have seen so far, the stage concept art looks amazing and I cannot wait to see more of it. I mean aaaaaaah the games they are going to be making stages for. Also some of the characters have got to be in this game.

Where is my Bowser Jr. I want him now.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I bet when WFT's trailer came on, everyone sat there for the minute scratching their heads in disbelief and then only had a heart attack 5 hours later. :p

Btw I think she's awesome and can't wait to see her. She does remind me a LOT of ZSS, i'm so interested to see how she plays. =D

Tikao

Smash Ace
yeah, at first i was like ... hmm nice try sakurai (this ryhmes bam)
until i realized ... hmm she IS in the game ... then i started crying and laughing at the same time
but now she's awesome
and yeah, zss just found her inner peace

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I predict Maxwell from Scribblenauts, Ray 01 from Custom Robo, and maybe Bayonetta

I too am going to be a Wii Fit Trainer Mainer, giving out the Wiiner one push up at a time
I plan on maining the PSI kids but at this point I could be co-maining them along with anyone else, or have like any secondary/tertiary/whoever. Everyone looks so fantastic, i'm especially loving the new bowser, i'm so totally thinking of using him as like a secondary. :o :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
So what do you guys think of Lucas in mid tier atm?

Personally I think the way they added him in there was a bit iffy - I reckon he should be above PT/Luigi at this point but that's just me maybe.

Moderate skill

Smash Apprentice
So what do you guys think of Lucas in mid tier atm?

Personally I think the way they added him in there was a bit iffy - I reckon he should be above PT/Luigi at this point but that's just me maybe.

I think that if people start taking Lucas seriously, he'll lose the wow factor but go up towards Ness. If anyone PKT2 bounces off of a ledge in a tournament, he'll drop off of the tier at that very moment. :p

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I think that if people start taking Lucas seriously, he'll lose the wow factor but go up towards Ness. If anyone PKT2 bounces off of a ledge in a tournament, he'll drop off of the tier at that very moment. :p

They need to fix up his MU spread first before people will take him seriously.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Are you in Sydney? Are you interested in tournaments? Do you like Ness too? <33333

Sorryyyyyy, I should uhh... you know... officially welcome you here and such...

Welcome to the Lucas boards! Stay as long as you like, chat, do whatever you like! We're all really helpful (and usually eccentric *coughcough*) here, so don't worry if we go off on random tangents hah. :p

Anyway, i'm Luco - I live just outside of Sydney see, that's why i'm really excited to see another aussie Lucas. I suggest if you're interested in tournaments, check the Australia boards. The most active scenes are, roughly, in order:

1. Victoria (really super active)
2. Qld
3. SA
4. NSW
5. Everywhere else

And maybe you can find one near you! =D

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Are you in Sydney? Are you interested in tournaments? Do you like Ness too? <33333

Sorryyyyyy, I should uhh... you know... officially welcome you here and such...

Welcome to the Lucas boards! Stay as long as you like, chat, do whatever you like! We're all really helpful (and usually eccentric *coughcough*) here, so don't worry if we go off on random tangents hah. :p

Anyway, i'm Luco - I live just outside of Sydney see, that's why i'm really excited to see another aussie Lucas. I suggest if you're interested in tournaments, check the Australia boards. The most active scenes are, roughly, in order:

1. Victoria (really super active)
2. Qld
3. SA
4. NSW
5. Everywhere else

And maybe you can find one near you! =D
I'm in NSW (Penrith). I might like to go to a tournament, but I don't know if I'm ready for it yet.
Also, do you go WiFi a lot? I see a blue-white shirt Lucas frequently and I was wondering if it was you.

Yep, I like Ness too.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm in NSW (Penrith). I might like to go to a tournament, but I don't know if I'm ready for it yet.
Also, do you go WiFi a lot? I see a blue-white shirt Lucas frequently and I was wondering if it was you.

Yep, I like Ness too.
Heh, sorry, I use normal lucas and my brother is purple stripe Lucas so it can't be us. =C

Ahh Penrith! Yea it would take us about the same amount of time to get to most meets (in the suburbs) - I live on the central coast myself. =D

As for tournaments, you don't need to be a great player to go to a tournament and have fun. I wasn't that good when I first started but tournaments made me so much better haww. ^_^

We're actually having what looks like it'll be a house tournament this weekend in UNSW. If you're interested, check the aussie boards and speak to Gords. Getting in to the competitive scene is fun and we do encourage peeps to go because a. it's a heck load of fun and b. it strengthens our community heaps. =D

Also we have a few new players coming to this one, which makes it super exciting for newer players in general because they can play with people around their skill level, ya know? I'll be there too and i'd be happy to help you out and give you tips on Lucas.

It's totally up to you though! ^_^

I'll give you a direct link to the thread, just in case:

http://smashboards.com/threads/nsw-western-sydney-dramacraft-the-home-of-drama.209914/page-279

But enough of that for now (I get so excited over these things :p) - do you want to know anything about Lucas? Advanced techniques (trust me there are advanced techniques with Lucas that are just insane and casual players don't know hehe. :D)? Interesting information? I know many people always wanna know why he's low mid tier. =/

Also feel free to play me online sometime - the lag shouldn't be too bad. :D My FC is below my avatar, in case you're new to the layout. ^_^

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I have problems with Wavezaps and Zair Jumps...
Also IMO Lucas could move into Mid if he gets better results.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Can't you input a smash normally (tap + A) in place of SDI? Or is that just TDI with an extra input?
If you are DI-ing with lucas, you want to use bair after being hit (lowest frames apart from nair). how will you bair without DI-ing into the blast zone?
if you are sdiing a multi hit move like falcos, and you pop up behind him, would it be quicker to input up+a whilst you are doing quarter stick DI or just spam the up-c-stick whilst you SDI?

C-bounce is much better to learn, having smash is just way too helpful.
the above is possible in a sense, but its too hard to be frame perfect with the analog stick

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
These boards are sooooooooo dead.
Yea, we don't try.

Jokes. =D

We have very few active Lucases that actually post here. We have active Lucas players that don't post (like Mekos) and we have posters that aren't active with Lucas or don't even play him (Ness boards yayyyyy).

*sigh*

Top Bottom