• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
<. < Well I guess I should get the Worst Lucas Ever award.

On a side note, iHop fits in anywhere during any schedule.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
omfg I love RPSI's new avatar that's boss
I love bananas
dk
freek
shut up chueeeee you don't knowww meeee
cept wifi lol

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
you can zap jump with every character. it takes some practice though. here's some quick tips to minimize your practice time
1. Go into training
2. Spawn bunny ears
3. put on bunny ears
4. jump

There, in those 4 easy steps you will have swag for days. pull this kinda **** off in tournament and you are an instant celebrity.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, sorry, thats what i meant. We weren't able to be punished, so PK thunder was fun. I also recall that there's a certain hutbox you can get on DK when he's using up-B, maybe it's coming down from above.... Not sure about this.... :/

I actually recall having a picture on melee temple stage, and It has lucas hiding behind that stack of rubble. He's used PKT2, and is helpless, but he's almost reached the ground. In any case, he's closed his eyes. Then on the other side you see TL jumping up with a bomb in his hand. Basically it's like hide and seek. "Where are youuuuuuu?"(TL), "Oh dear gosh don't let him find me PLEASE!!!!"(Lucas)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Poor Lucas, and I've noticed, all Lucas+Ness players tell everyone they suck, but then again Lucas is bad.
Shhh.... It's always good to play a bad character because the opportunity is there to make them a good character. ;)

I have hopes for Lucas, and I'll never stop dreaming.... And trying to make him better. Well, never stop trying until smash 4. What happens then.... We'll see.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
there you go. It's also easier in doubles, because your partner (if they're Lucas, like my brother. We are apparently an extremely intimidating team. I have to say, sometimes we can just spam up-A and win, lol) can cover for you while you get ready to PK thunder again. the edgeguarding is endless! XD

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Smash 4+5 are under development, I'm scurred for Lucas staying in the next one though, he was supposed to replace Ness in Melee but...

now Ness is a veteran and I hope Lucas stays but I think he's gonna get the boot :(

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I see it's a possibility but i doubt it, actually. Lucas and ness are in a long standing series, Lucas will be a vet (which doesn't automatically make him safe, but it helps that he has been in a previous smash game), and also.... Who's gonna replace him? Ninten? Pfft. Almost (I said almost, not all) of the melee vets that were cut were given clones/similar chars for brawl (Roy has Ike, Mewtwo has Lucario, young link had TL, etc), not that they wanted to be cut. If sakurai had his way he would have replaced most, if not all of them. Time issues was what got them out. I'm reasonably sure there's a video on the forbidden seven, so maybe take a look at it sometime. It is pretty interesting. :)

And you also have to take in to account his popularity. I think public opinion gave him a quite decent chance of returning. Then again, that 'public opinion' is smashboards. But look, I'm just gonna hope, and I think he has a decent, if not particularly good, chance of returning.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Maybe, all we can do is hope. I don't want Lucas to be top tier if he returns though, I want him to be difficult to master BUT I also want no cheap infinites on him, people like Marth I'd be fine with as long as the grab thing is removed.

I'd like him at mid/lower tier so people don't main him just because he's good. Same with Ness and hopefully if any other PSI characters, or just Mother are added, them too.

I really can't wait to see who's in the next smash bros, and you know what, imagine a game so balanced tiers don't matter.

(NOT HAPPENING LOL) But I have a feeling the Kirby characters will be nerfed hard, and MetaKnight/Ganon will be given new movesets (Ganon needs it... stupid Falcon clone, he's the master of evil, give him his sword he taunts with D:< and MK needs new recoveries that aren't so good.

Snake's hitboxes will get bigger obviously. They're so small :(

EDIT: I'm calling magnet pulls and zap jumps are being removed, Lucas is already horrible why not make him worse

I seriously think Sakurai will do this though, not even acknowledging it's some of the things that make Lucas... uh workable with.

Honestly I think he'll be worse.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'd want him in high tier, but not in top tier. Maybe where Lucario and TL are now. :)

That way he's good but not too good. ;)

Also, we haven't really introduced, but hi, i'm Luco, and now i'm not the new Lucas main anymore. :-P

Also, i wouldn't take such a negative attitude to it. Cheer up, mate. Not that there's anything we can do, so we'll have to let it be. But I'm hoping Sakurai will take in to consideration input from people. :)

Also, while it's not exactly practical, all it would take is getting rid of his stupid grab release and buffing him up a little, along with a bit less lag on some of his moves, and I think that'd move him up a little bit. Also giving him a little more range on the attacks that really matter, and bamo!

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Read my edit, and Idk, I just don't see how he'll get better, they might change his moveset a little too

EDITTT: I hope they buff him up, but I really want my magnets and zap jumps, it's what makes Lucas so fun for me

ZOOM ZOOM, zip around the stage errywhere, it's fun and I laugh when I kill people with them <3

If Lucas is removed I'll consider the fact I might as well be nonexistant.

EDITTTT 2: And nice to meet you, just call me Blooburry

Or just Blue... yeah let's go with that xD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
With this kind of stuff you just gotta take a positive attitude and push on, because it pays off. Also, double lucas can be insane. Me and my brother have been told many a time how scary we are together. ;)

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I went double lucas with a friend and the opponents went double marth and they were both grab releasing us. it was a bad match

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Please don't mention M**** here

And no, I don't mean Mekos.

Anyways! Mekos I wanna brawl your Lucas o:
You think you can do that tonight?

ALSO thanks for the picture compliment xD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I went double lucas with a friend and the opponents went double marth and they were both grab releasing us. it was a bad match
My brother and I went double Lucas against a double DK... It was an amazing match, even if we lost (reasonably slimly though).

But even with marths and falcoes and so on, my bro and I do really well. I'm proud of our noob achievements :D

Also blue, me and my brother know each other inside out. That kind of situation never happens with us (thankfully! :D ).

And the picture is really good, I agree. Although Mekos' one is really good as well. :)

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I'ma cry now, just entered a tourny (Wi-Fi) and got to last match vs. a Metaknight

Glide attack beat my bat somehow, 130%'s and of course that was the match ._.

Stupid Wi-Fi also gimped me, I hate people who resort to Metaknight to win, I only use him vs. Marth or others but when you just use Metaknight, it's just gay cuz he's easy to use imo and it's just for powerhungry people who want to be good. .-.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Metaknight is more manageable for Lucas than Marth and Snake IMO, so I'd rather fight MKs than those two.

Top Bottom