• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Instead of standing there and just pulling out your magnet, short hop backwards and pull out your magnet as soon as you jump. Do it quick enough that you kind of wave bounce back and if he doesn't shoot, then let go of magnet. Also, just practice power shielding.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
yeah, i need to do that too. But I can kind of see that. The other saving grace is the bat (not for reflecting, for missing the arrows), but that loses it's consistency real fast (A.K.A. as soon as he realises what i'm doing and decides to aim the arrows downwards)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
What stages are you playing on? I can't really see Pit being fast enough to punish you with a dash attack unless you're relatively close or on a small stage.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Smashville and FD. You'd be surprised. ;)

Also, shared this on the ness and wii-u threads, but will share here too:

Man, this made me nostalgia. Back home, we used to have a butterfly garden near our house. I'd go there all the time, and butterflies would sit on you if you were still enough.
Why u no tell me this? *sad*

But in all seriousness that is beautiful. My old home was truly amazing. It was close to the city, but not too close. It borders a natural park and there are only 2 ways to get there: Boat, or climbing/walking down the escarpment. Our house is next to an old bridge that stretches over the lake, while the many trees that surround that house drape over it.(and our house too. You'd expect it to be damp and dark because of all the trees, but in truth it's extremely light and airy upstairs, even if the house is old and crazy in it's design. No 2 walls were the same length, you see. It was built a long time ago by a man that was related to the mafia, so it's said. The downstairs was originally a place where he kept stolen cars, apparently, before he tiled it and adapted it to a downstairs and lived in it. Nowadays the house is called the ghost house, mainly because of all the ghost stories associated with it, and indeed, i used to see some strange stuff. Everyone in my family has a ghost story to tell from that amazing home.)

The creek itself i'll get to in a moment, but it ran down to the 'north end', where the beach curves inward to the valley and back a bit. As you walk around the bend, there's a spot where the sand runs off through the undergrowth. If you follow it, you come to part of the forest, the sand carpeted by red and brown leaves. Here you can climb up the frail-looking, but strong trees and vines, and there's an old tree who's roots grow around the giant rock it is situated on and in to the soil beneath. Here the birds chirp occassionally, and it is a sleeping place for tawny frogmouths at the crux of the lazy summer afternoon, where it is so self contained, even with the carvings on more than a few rocks and trees that some have made during the annual new year's talent quest. It is so calm, so tranquil, and one of the highlights of my childhood.

And then there's the creek. Near the beach, it gets contaminated with sewerage, but further up, past the rocks, it gets much cleaner. You see, once you get past the gateway,- that is, the two cabbage trees who's leafy carriage blocks it from sight - you'll find the fire trail. This path extends before you in to the wild forest beyond, and is virtually unknown to outsiders, and even many residents (so of the 200 or so people that live there, only a fraction properly remember this place, and indeed, even I only found it by pure accident when I said (ironically, for I was young and had an eye for adventure) "I bet there's a secret path past these trees!" I looked, and indeed I did find the adventure I was looking for.

First this path takes you through knee high ferns that brush alongside you as you walk past and jump over the decaying log. Then you meet back up with the river, as the trees stretch up high, oh so high, and over you. You then see the smooth rocks, that are covered in moss, that rise gently out of the running, clean, pure water that washes around you and down to the deep blue (which is even better when it has just rains and there is no sewerage in the water). You walk further up, to the four mini beaches. Although getting to the 4th is an achievement, I consider the first the most beautiful and breathtaking. After going around rocks either on or to the side of the river, and climbing up and up, sand lies before you, perhaps the size of a small playground. The rocks protrude from this sand mostly to the side, where you can perch on them and eat lunch, and some from the middle or in various places around this little spectacular spot. A single, thick vine hangs down from the trees above, and can be sat on or swung on. Then you continue on, through various challenges and passing several caves, as you go up and up, past the beaches and on to the hillside, where the final spring rests. I cannot remember if the last place I had gotten up to before the hillside was it, or whether it was further, but this tranquil pool lies above the rest, where the water is sourced from deep, in an underwater spring. Then you realise the sun will be setting soon, and so head back the way you came in an effort to get back before dark.

So breathtaking, so amazing, one of the best experiences of my life, one I will never forget. Going there really is an adventure, exploring a new world, where, like this garden you speak of, the creatures will come to you, wild as they are, be it butterflies or wallabies. The flora grows free and untouched, and the water is cleaner, fresher and tastier than any i've drunk in a bottle.

In that place, I've left things, i've dreamed things, it's been wonsderful. That place, I will dearly miss, but never forget, and will always keep close to my heart (not least because I left a box there for a dragon once, and when I came back to it the gifts inside the box were taken, and the box itself scorched, I still believe in dragons to this day), and hope to visit whenever I can.

Haha, i'm rambling. Sorry for that, guys, just had to share that.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Should I start playing this game seriously again?

And should I rep this character called Lucas?

Discuss. :)
Honestly, if you're gonna start playing seriously again don't play Lucas. Start fresh with a new character.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
the only reason you sohuldn't play lucas is because he's a ****ing ghost.
almost impossible to find him on the char select because he's only kinda in the game
he's that bad
just go play diddy or something. he's easy to find.
I can never find lucas without a good 10 minutes of looking around, sneaky little ****er.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
get out of here why be social when we can not be social, and play a good character like not lucas.
getf'dup
Should I start playing this game seriously again?

And should I rep this character called Lucas?

Discuss. :)
What rocket said.

the only reason you sohuldn't play lucas is because he's a ****ing ghost.
almost impossible to find him on the char select because he's only kinda in the game
he's that bad
just go play diddy or something. he's easy to find.
I can never find lucas without a good 10 minutes of looking around, sneaky little ****er.
LMFAOOOO wtf are you talking about

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
don't act like you can find this sneaky little ****er on the character select bro. he's not really part of the game, you sort of have to WORK to create a character this bad in your mind.

it's just like BOOM WAIT THIS CHARACTER DOESN'T EXIST HE'S JUST TOO TERRIBLE I'M GONNA GO PLAY DIDDY BECAUSE I CAN FIND HIM ON THE CHARACTER SELECT. YES!

Chuee

Smash Hero
so I got 9th I think at a local today, though I didn't get to use much Lucas because of my bracket (Kirby, Lucas, Diddy).

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I got 4th at a local using lucas in 2 games total.
LUCAS MAINS GUYS AMIRITE.
REPPING LUCAS ALL DAY
Where were koozy and rpsi ;)

KoozyK

Smash Ace
i dont make johns, so yeah. i took nima to game 3 after figuring out the bowser mu midway through the 2nd game. and lost my losers to ksk who i play on a weekly basis and he uses marth. No Johns. i just suck.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I can offer some info I suppose.
DK is a VIP character tho
Also if it's just for snake don't bother lol. I mean it's not the worst matchup DK has but there have to be other reasons to pick him.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You should never go Lucas with a DK. Or should you.... o.O

It's cool because PKT1 is quite funny to edgeguard with when versing DK. :D

I play my brother on a daily basis. He's way older than me, and I still thrash him. :D

But naw, thats not really fair to him, because he often comes pretty close, and does occasionally beat me. Besides, we do amazing in a team, Double Lucas is so intimidating!

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
"funny"
lol
any DK who has an uncharged punch will just turnaround with it or headbutt and bair the thunder.
DK lucas is super fun for DK, with all the lame **** we have.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
"funny"
lol
any DK who has an uncharged punch will just turnaround with it or headbutt and bair the thunder.
AKA pkt gets cancelled by his upb like 80% of the time considering the fact that you have to hit him with the tail first to disrupt his upb then bring it up and hit him again. If his upb touches the head then your pkt's dead and you're vulnerable for a bit because lucas has to do super retardo spintwirl after every pkt

People always ask me how much lag there is after Lucas's PKT dies, and I tell them to watch me use it once, notice how I jump, spin around, then gently land on my feet and take the time to collect my thoughts, and they just laugh at how bad lucas is

y lucas y

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Ness just shakes it off :(
Lucas is like laaaaaaaaaaawwwwlll im freeeeeee

One fun thing to do vs. DK is PK Freeze him at the edge, that's a stock if he falls off <3 Depending on his% and if he gets out in time (Usually doesn't)

I always get depressed when I have that 1/100 moment and I try to magnet pull back to the stage and then hear "PK FREEZE"

Those moments :(

In other news Nintendo hates Hyrule and Little Boys who shout PK Thunder <3

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
uhhhhh DK can get out of Pk FREEze at under 130 by mashing and making sure not to mash airdodge or double jump. even on the edge.
the DK's position does make a dair spike extremely easy to pull off, though. so there's that.
also yeah lol up B PK thunder, lucas tying his shoes on the edge, insta headbutt to punish.
stawk

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I mean don't PKT again DK anyway unless you really CANNOT get punished. just don't. sit there, PK fire, go for a safe as possible spike or just sit and wait for DK to come back.
then get grabbed. grab release. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Btw guys my Lucas is horrible so nobody ask for a match, I get gimped by Ganondorfs. Also when I zap jump, I'm so bad my jump makes me go down.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I used to think Mekos was good until I played him in bracket at HOBO 33. I double two stocked him with my Pokemon Trainer (primarily Ivysaur).

At Apex, I lost to Pink Fresh's Lucas with my Peach in a $20 MM 0-2.
Neutral was a two stock, and my counterpick was a three stock.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
I used to think Mekos was good until I played him in bracket at HOBO 33. I double two stocked him with my Pokemon Trainer (primarily Ivysaur).

it would seem that pink and mekos might be closer in skill than everyone thinks

Chuee

Smash Hero

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I love you all. Anyways

Trouble with zair, I can do Zap Jump w/e perfectly fine (Just got a kill with it actually) I just need to know how to "buffer" and then zair. It confusssess me ;____;

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
is blueberry syrup an actual condiment
because
that sounds ****ing delicious
if that exists I need that on pancakes now

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Yeah, I get it at iHop every time <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9hpKhO7ks4&feature=player_embedded

Thought I'd post this here, friend recorded it (He's not that bad, just started brawling again)
Also, if you notice on the mario match I start dairing a lot it's cuz I wanted to show him what I can do xD

Other than that I'm trying to mix up my tactics a little and use more moves but thought I'd post that just to show kinda what I'm like.

EDIT: The first match I'm being Lucario, so yeah <. < I use him sometimes

Top Bottom