• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hrmmm, that sounds alright, but... I'm forgetting here, what exactly is SH?

Also, I tried it, again and again, but I can't seem to get a hang of the ropesnake super jump. :/

Clawdsf98

Smash Cadet
guys this has been on my head for a LONG time but shouldn't we make a community cv? i mean other character communities do it soo... why not us >.> we need to show people how good lucas can really be ;)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmmm.... Seems a decent idea. :)

@Waldorf: I'm really not quite sure where to start.... In any case, I might not be your best source of information. I'd suggest asking FAE or Mekos or Chuee. ^^

Which makes me think, from those videos, is there anything i'm doing well? As in, something i should especially keep in my playstyle?

Clawdsf98

Smash Cadet
idk i think its a good idea overall, if we decide to make it people will think higher of us ya know? plus it seems like it would be kinda fun to make a cv :/

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
YO MEKOS BE FREE WHERE ARE THE GOOD LUCASES STINGERS' LUCAS IS THE BEST IN NC BUT HE'S NOT GOOD AT TEACHING.
yo
this character is *** but can i just sh nair around and not get hit
cuz if so I'll just do that.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Nah, you gotta PK Fire around, then when they ain't attacking you nair them or their shield. If they throw out attacks it'll beat yo nair, so you gotta shoot PK Fire at their attacks.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007

so you're telling me that nair doesn't have ultra super armor and doesn't go through everything...
Mekos makes it look like a walking super armor fireworks show
**** this.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I try to rope snake but I can't keep a straight face, I end up laughing so hard I drop my controller and lose a stock.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well here we are again
It's always such a pleasure
Remember when you tried to
kill
me
twice?

Sorry, my brother and I started and finished single player Portal 2 the other day. He did most of the story (with the odd exception where i got to have a turn), but I got to do the final boss.

Anyway, Ness and Lucas boards should get together and convene about our latest discoveries and some such. (yay!)

Also, I loved that cat FAE, is it yours by any chance?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I know, I'd want a cat that was that happy. Oh well, at least I know my DOG is that happy. I'll put a pic up one of these days....

I tried rolling less btw, failed miserably. I tried SH PK fire, Nair, Fair, Dair, even Bair, but retreat wise did not help. My brother just ended up spamming arrows. -_-

Oh well, I'll keep trying. Bound to find something that fits me yes?

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Yeah you'll find something that works out for you eventually. Rolling gets predictable and punishable though when you use it a lot so just kinda try to refrain from using it too much

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah I watched some Lucas vids and kept finding myself in the situation where I'd say "Ooh, nice choice, see i would've rolled there." Which is annoying me to no end. :-P

I also finally full hopped PK Fire + PSI magnet. Oops to what I said before. :D

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's not really a joke, I tried it before I got into the competitive scene and it stopped almost all of my rolling habits. Now if I ever roll, it's almost always away from my opponent to try to reset spacing. The only time I ever roll towards is for a (admittingly risky) crossover, and even then it never really works.

After you've killed the rolling habit, pickup on perfect shielding by using green shells on onnett and perfect shield the shells and cars. It's basic powershielding training, but it really helps with approaching if your opponent uses a slow move (such as Marth's shieldbreaker).

imo.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yep, you need really fast fingers.

Like, REALLY fast fingers on the default setting.

Actually it probably won't work on the default setting.

Change A to jump and try that.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It's easier to do on the wiichuk than most other things IMO, that may just be because our GC (fake ones though so i guess that answers our little problem :-P) controllers' x and y aren't really working. ><

Also aero, I took your advice, went a couple matches without it, changing it to grab. Then I changed it back and in the next match only rolled behind my brother once, and rolled away slightly more. ;)

Also have been trying out PK fire retreat, and getting the hang of it a little. Unfortunately almost got destroyed by pit because of his arrows and the fact i couldn't shield but i realise that arrows might be the odd occasion where i'm allowed to roll/shield/spotdodge. Just a little. :-P

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Can't you absorb arrows?

Whenever I play against Lucas as Zelda, as soon as someone absorbs a Din's Fire, I immediately facepalm and never use it in the match again. lol

Edit: of course, arrows are a lot faster than Din's, but chucking out an absorb at long range can't be a bad thing.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Can't you absorb arrows?

Whenever I play against Lucas as Zelda, as soon as someone absorbs a Din's Fire, I immediately facepalm and never use it in the match again. lol
The cool down is too long. As soon as he sees the magnet he runs and does a running attack. Nothing i can do. :/

Top Bottom