• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I think you guys should just move to the EC areas.

Be a lot more convenient than asking all of us to move to your area.

Seems simpler.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
We have Falcos here and a Fox, but no Wolfs. I wish we had Lucarios here too though, he was one of my favorite partners until I had to give up my dream of ever teaming with a Lucario in any MW tourney

@J, most people I've asked either said he's too bad or he doesn't fit their playstyle at all. But I used to think he didn't fit my playstyle too until I picked him up ):

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well he is a unique playstyle to pick up since basically the only way you will be winning is if you can outplay the person with Lucas. He's not terrible overall. *shrug*

His playstyle's weird =P

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That saddens me I still need to team up with D.Disciple in a doubles tourney otherwise I'll team up with QRS.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Lucas is a terrible secondary. How is he supposed to deal with bad MUs, make them worse? D:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lol rPSI always not thinking of the fun part of things.

Lucas is a great secondary to have fun with.

D

Deleted member

Noooo he's just a fun character to have (implying that your main is already good)

Edit: A wise man once said, "Have fun with Lucas, he's fun."
Yeah, this is how I feel about him, especially since the last time I used him in tournament, I regretted not just going Wolf. Lucas only really shines in teams in my opinion.

The only MU I see myself seriously going Lucas in singles is against D3.

D

Deleted member

I feel a lot more comfortable going Lucas in that MU. It just feels so bad for Wolf in comparison.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I really feel like it's the D3 Lucas inexperience.
I've played D3s inexperienced at the MU, and at first it doesn't seem terrible. But then I played Corey who had the experience and just got roflstomped. When they know the MU it's absolutely terrible.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
That's because that is like a -4 for Wolf. It's pretty much a -3 for Lucas. Falco is such a better secondary for D3 than Lucas.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Yeah, this is how I feel about him, especially since the last time I used him in tournament, I regretted not just going Wolf. Lucas only really shines in teams in my opinion.

The only MU I see myself seriously going Lucas in singles is against D3.
I find Lucas shines in Free for all and Team Battles; especially if your opponent(s) spams projectiles. He can either reflect it or absorb it(assuming it can be absorbed). Your teammate can stand behind Lucas and use projectiles(assuming you are someone with projectiles) or use long-range attacks. Lucas' Thunder attack(when he hits himself with PK Thunder) is a great way to rack up damage. I also use PK Freeze on my opponent and then do Nair while my opponent is frozen. Also, I never knew PK Freeze and PK Flash were reflectable :p

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
What are you talking about? Lucas vs d3 is 70:30 Lucas's favor. D3 can trip while he's chaingrabbing into a Usmash. That means that this matchup is in our favor. And if he CG --> gimps us at 0 that means that he thinks he's gonna win and he gets overconfident. And if he shieldgrabs whatever we throw at him that means that we should mix it up. We throw a perfectly spaced (insert Lucas move here) at him and he Pshieldgrabs it? That means we're doing it wrong. We throw a different move at him, such as (insert Lucas move here), and he still Psheildgrabs it. But that's okay, we're Lucas. We can get like two hits on him and finish with a smash. But oh wait he doesn't die until 500%! Need not you worry, as we can do serious damage to him offstage. He made it back? Don't worry yet again, as I have a solution to your problem! Down throw, yes down throw! Killing the almighty penguin at an astounding 180%! You'll see the amazement in the D3 player's eyes, expressing the comment, "Woooow, that kills so early!" You'll feel incredible playing this amazing matchup for hours on end, it's nonstop fun!

And yeah Auspher, I could see where you're coming from using Lucas over Wolf vs D3. Even though its still bad for Lucas, it's so bad for Wolf that you'd think the matchup gets a lot easier.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
What are you talking about? Lucas vs d3 is 70:30 Lucas's favor. D3 can trip while he's chaingrabbing into a Usmash. That means that this matchup is in our favor. And if he CG --> gimps us at 0 that means that he thinks he's gonna win and he gets overconfident. And if he shieldgrabs whatever we throw at him that means that we should mix it up. We throw a perfectly spaced (insert Lucas move here) at him and he Pshieldgrabs it? That means we're doing it wrong. We throw a different move at him, such as (insert Lucas move here), and he still Psheildgrabs it. But that's okay, we're Lucas. We can get like two hits on him and finish with a smash. But oh wait he doesn't die until 500%! Need not you worry, as we can do serious damage to him offstage. He made it back? Don't worry yet again, as I have a solution to your problem! Down throw, yes down throw! Killing the almighty penguin at an astounding 180%! You'll see the amazement in the D3 player's eyes, expressing the comment, "Woooow, that kills so early!" You'll feel incredible playing this amazing matchup for hours on end, it's nonstop fun!

And yeah Auspher, I could see where you're coming from using Lucas over Wolf vs D3. Even though its still bad for Lucas, it's so bad for Wolf that you'd think the matchup gets a lot easier.
I laughed.

Lucas v DDD is like...lmao. Can't really talk though, it's just as bad for Ness.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord

This happened to me one time at lunch when I was waiting for my friends
I was depress
lmao.. I love those Captcha pics. I have too many saved to my /(insert letter-of-the-forum-we-don't-speak-of here)/ folder.

Also, triforce.

You're posts have me dieing with laughter over here today. Even the "every lucas and his mother" one.. I see what u did there:

Every Lucas and his mother

Lucas and his mother

Lucas.. mother

Earthbound

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I laughed.

Lucas v DDD is like...lmao. Can't really talk though, it's just as bad for Ness.
It's funny when I play against DDD with Lucas. I always bat his Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos and Gordos. Yay, playing baseball with Kirby enemies =P Also, this one time, my brother was King DDD and he used his UP+B. I wasn't on the edge and he was falling right next to the edge and he didn't grab the edge. It was hilarious.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
lmao.. I love those Captcha pics. I have too many saved to my /(insert letter-of-the-forum-we-don't-speak-of here)/ folder.

Also, triforce.

You're posts have me dieing with laughter over here today. Even the "every lucas and his mother" one.. I see what u did there:

Every Lucas and his mother

Lucas and his mother

Lucas.. mother

Earthbound
Yeah I tried to add the mother in there but I didn't wanna make it like too obviously cheesy. It just wouldn't have seemed right :< Also are you going to SiiS or Brainshock?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
It's funny when I play against DDD with Lucas. I always bat his Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos and Gordos. Yay, playing baseball with Kirby enemies =P Also, this one time, my brother was King DDD and he used his UP+B. I wasn't on the edge and he was falling right next to the edge and he didn't grab the edge. It was hilarious.
/facepalm.

I haven't said hello to you yet. So, hello. I'm Nasty.. welcome to the Lucas boards and smashboards. Hope you enjoy your stay here! :)

Yeah I tried to add the mother in there but I didn't wanna make it like too obviously cheesy. It just wouldn't have seemed right :< Also are you going to SiiS or Brainshock?
It's possible that i'll be going to SiiS. I need to see if anyone from PA or NJ is passing through my area to pick me up. I don't wanna drive out there. It also depends on money bc CoT 5 is like right after that. You going to SiiS?

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
I miiiight be. I'm pretty sure that my mom would let me go now, she's a bit nicer towards OoS tourneys nowadays. But MetalMusicMan has to drive, she doesnt trust anyone else. But yeah I really wanna go, I missed the last one when everyone went. I want to see another Lucas main in the flesh.
ForeverAlone.jpg

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
she usually doesn't make up her mind until like the day of or a few days before we leave for an OoS tourney, so you'd have to like make sure your ride is aware and stufffff. Also maybe if I win money at my tourney on the 21st she'll love me more and let me go

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Basically lol
Everytime I win money I give it back to her so she'll know she isn't losing any money. But everytime I don't get any money she just stares at me with hatred in her eyes ): So yeah hopefully I can at least get something working in doubles and stuff

Top Bottom