• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' MU Thread - Discussing: Sonic

vepix

Smash Cadet
Im confused. hehe. Sorry.

When it says 40:60, 35:65, 45:55 ect.. does it mean Lucas has a 40, 45, 35 ect.. chance of winning or losing?

Sorry I'm dumb.

Thanks in advance!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
The first number is Lucas' Ratio meaning if it is 40:60 Lucas is disadvantaged. Also, as of right now, we haven't discussed any advantageous MU's.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Lucas doesnt need the advantage to win
Theres alot of things you can do with Lucas
so you can always switch things up
depending on the MU...well certain matchups

CrimsonSnow

Smash Cadet
I have a difficult time against Zelda's for some reason. However, like many matchups, I haven't learned them, I just fight everyone the same way with mindgames being the best weapon in my arsenal...but I decided to figure out matchups as of recently and really appreciate this thread was made.

Thanx a lot!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Alright, this is getting silly. We can start the stage discussion, but I want something put up by APC and PF soon. (Also, Galeon, can you get the punishment data?)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
lol. Alright, we can let PF give it to us later. For now we can talk about stages. Your ideas guys?

Chuee

Smash Hero
umm go RC or Brinstar. Maybe Japes if you like that stage. Its not actually that bad of an oli stage.
Ban Halberd or Delfino.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
How is it that as soon as we start stages Tokaio is almost posting immediately on it 0.o

So how is it bad for us when he's on Halberd and Delfino. I'd also assume that the Acid would help olicovery.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Halberd = Early Usmash kills.
Delfino = No gimping.
Thats all I know but I heard those were good Oli stages.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Idk about other olimar mains but Pyronic~Star ***** on RC. it's weird. He also does really well on Frigate

If you're daring enough, i would also say we could CP Frigate bc we have way better recovery options that the stage doesn't gimp us too easily. I CP this stage against oli's and ZSS. XD

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
How is it that as soon as we start stages Tokaio is almost posting immediately on it 0.o
Haha...I don't really know lol. I just happen to be on when you say stage discussion. :p
Can we just do one low tier character, for every 2 high tier characters or something? So many discussions about disadvantages :(.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
@Tokaio: Alright I'll switch up the list right now.

@PF: WTF? I can't move on until you give me the write up. Don't get the Zman/Mexican complex!

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
LOL I forgot all sbout this. I'll definitely do it. just know if you SHAD a grab attempt and buffer fsmash at the farthest range possible, then next grab will fail, because Olimar has no grab priority at all, and the hit box will reach oli around the same time as the pikmin reaches lucas.

It's a weird MU though.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Another Oli stage that I dont think was mentioned was Yoshi's Melee
I used know this Olimar main that would always pick this stage all time during tournies
I didnt even know it was legal?? no one barely uses this stage.
Its good for Oli because he cant get gimped or ledge hogged.
Also it works in his advantage. He has alot of space to camp
and he can use that hill for his up b, it goes straight up the hill
and can hit you, and sometimes even KO.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
@APC: Lol, I didn't realize somebody posted actual MU stuff during that DMG thing.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I think he's saying use upsmash to get the pikmin off Lucas
Which is not the best option...jab and nair is much better

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
did this actually make any sense to anyone?

I'm not sure I understand at all.
I think he's saying use upsmash to get the pikmin off Lucas
Which is not the best option...jab and nair is much better
LOL
It was a joke.....and Lil cj is right about what I was trying to say.
:laugh:

Also, Pink Fresh....no English is my second languge but I been speaking it since I was about 8. (i'm almost 16)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I don't like you spamming my thread TBH. Just wait until we discuss a character you play.

orange/xd

Smash Ace
oookay that's not really spamming. I made a little joke calm down....lighten up.
I mean you come to the ROB boards and "put your nose in stuff we're doing so I wouldn't be talking.

Whatever, get back to your discussion on Olimar. :)

Weeeelll, multiple posts that are off-topic can easily be considered spamming.

Top Bottom