• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' MU Thread - Discussing: Sonic

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol slay mode? what

idk and idc about what he said to buenob but lucas jab coming out one frame faster then robs jab but having like the worst range out of any jab in the game doesn't bother me much

similarly if lucas can ftilt you you could've ftilted him a long time ago. that's the way I see it lol.

Chuee

Smash Hero
lol slay mode? what

idk and idc about what he said to buenob but lucas jab coming out one frame faster then robs jab but having like the worst range out of any jab in the game doesn't bother me much
lol plenty of characters have jabs with poor range. Jabs aren't supposed to be some long ranged attack.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Why is this still going on? lol

ROB > Lucas close, but not point blank.

Sadly, getting to point blank is near impossible.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol i don't know his lag can be cancelled? seriously, give some credit... i don't know the frame data, but to assume that I don't actually know something??

you have to make the decision to magnet, shield, dodge/jump or fsmash to deal with my projectiles... i have two basic options, as well as angling my laser to take slightly longer to reach you, and to throw different powered tops at you... all of my options deal with more than one of yours, and still I don't see how you plan to win if you don't approach...

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
imo, if you don't approach, you can't win. i feel it's best to keep moving in this MU and don't stand still. SHAD works well IMO to get inside ROB and from there you can Nair combo him bc his shield isn't that great. Once you deal out the damage inside, retreat with PKF and start over again. As for camping w/ the gyro, idk how useful that is.. i wouldn't recommend doing that for a long period of time like you would against a diddy w/ his nanerz.

How can we punish ROB's that are ledge camping? i mean have you seen Chibo's ROB? If there's no ledge grab limit he'll be there all day. What's our best and most effective way of getting him off that ledge? Dtilt for minimal damage? (lol). i don't see PKF working. PKT wouldn't work either bc we'd just get hit by a lazer or gyro. any ideas on this punishment?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Lol, if he ledge camps he either has to
A) Laser: Asorb
B) Gyro: F-smash/Grab/Cancel/ Don't stand that close
C) Anything else: he'll probably going to have to use fuel so just wait for it to run low so he has to come back to the stage unless he has a marginal lead, in which you're going to want to attack him, which isn't too horribly hard.

Basically if he actually ledge camps this is the one time we can outcamp him sort of.

@Tyr: What? Is that supposed to mean we all forgot about d-air or something?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Not really, he can usually run away and punish our landing with f-tilt or laser. It's annoying...

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
idk I just threaten to Dair combo people when they don't agree with me.

I Dair combo everybody.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Lol, if he ledge camps he either has to
A) Laser: Asorb
B) Gyro: F-smash/Grab/Cancel/ Don't stand that close
C) Anything else: he'll probably going to have to use fuel so just wait for it to run low so he has to come back to the stage unless he has a marginal lead, in which you're going to want to attack him, which isn't too horribly hard.

Basically if he actually ledge camps this is the one time we can outcamp him sort of.

@Tyr: What? Is that supposed to mean we all forgot about d-air or something?
First things first...why would ROB ledge camp in this MU....this isn't like Falco or something.
So..camping the ledge in this MU.....is a joke
:laugh:

Not really, he can usually run away and punish our landing with f-tilt or laser. It's annoying...
This is true....-.-

Chuee

Smash Hero
This is true....-.-
I don't think he's going to laser us if we try to Dair. I really don't see ftilt, Dsmash, or Dtilt being any much of a problem to lucas seeing as how they do poor damage and have bad knockback (if you DI Dsmash) . Pretty much it's like costing less than 10% to get inside him, and thats if you don't shield it.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I said landing...

D-tilt also lead to trip combos sort of how ours leads to f-smash when tripped, but it's easy for his to trip than ours.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
What I meant was just landing with your only options being buffering a sheild after an autocancel and other stuff.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if you play perfectly and powershield everything and always hit rob with your attacks lucas wins this matchup

100/0 next

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Wow, it's like he ROB doesn't have a grab, but Stingers does have a point about our theorycrafting.

We should get doing our punishment section... Galeon, what do I need to know to interpret the frame data like you do?

Top Bottom