• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Black/Light

Smash Master
As I was getting ready to read your post Blacklight, I noticed further down that many other members also decided to argue your 'point'. Not only do you flipflop from your points and dodge counters thrown at you, but everyone else seems to agree as well. Honestly, I don't need to keep going; I already 'won', if you could call it a victory. But going back, there are so many spots left to poke at, so here goes.
Don't actually know what your talking about. Kaid tried to point something out but it didn't make much sense when directed at me and there was talk about a typo. . . wow, THATS a debate.:dizzy:.

But please, show me where I flipflop. And the only "counters" I dodge are the useless ones that seem to pop up alot with you.

Your rampage of twisted assumptions and constant relyance on putting words in my mouth are the things that made this "incounter" a true waste of time. (hell, you not only wanted to argue about my reasons for not supporting Lucario anymore but also talk about Deoxy being like Mew2/ argue about WHY I come here if I say that it "doesn't make any difference" and also gave me some pretty odd reasons for your Lucario support which added up to being nothing more than some stange mix of fan wish + unfounded assumptions on his character and how he would fight.)

Just to clear some things up (didn't actually read your post, just saw afew things of interest) I thought you mean't Japan when you said East. Didn't know you mean't mid-eastern. . .and Lucario is only very loosly based on a African cultures god.
(When I said Popculture spin I meant that they gave his out-fit a twist to appeal to todays people:ohwell:)

And Pika is only 1 "4"in tall. Logic talls us that Lucario would be simular in size to Fox in smash:ohwell:.

I know that theres a world of different fighting styles. . . does it matter? We can't assume that Sakurai will make Lucario a "munk-like" fighter or that he will do "ninja moves (Kaids thoughts the last time I checked)" or that he will do w/e because of a lil pose. The only thing will can assume is that he will use energy balls/ fighting type attacks and maybe a steel attack or 2.:ohwell:.

And OMZG I made a typo and I use abit of net slang like "coo"?!?! God help me now, the devil has my solez! I simply hate people giving all Americans a bad name by crapping up a simple saying. "Couldn't care less" is how it's said, not "could care less". It's only a small thing but the UK lol at that.

(And omg, people are argeeing with a Lucario fan on a Lucario support thread. . . the shock. :embarrassI don't know what you "won" if you won anything. . . all you did was cause a mindless arguement about nothing and showed me that you support Lucario because looks loosly modeled after a African god and you think he would fight like a munk. If you want to "really" debate Lucario than lets go to the counter thread. . . )

Wrath`

Smash Master
PyrasTerran, you need to listen to people with sence about them, geeze.

lucario is the only 4th gen rep left that is not a random pokes, so I hope he gets in

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I say he has a bad shot. Assuming Jiggly and Mewtwo get in I doubt a fifth poke will be added. I mean why does sakurai have to add one more mario and poke character for each smash.
It's madness I say
This is Brawl!

anyways bad joke aside. Without replacing an old poke I can't see Lucario getting in.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing as we could see around 11 Mario fighters, it seems alright to add more playable Pokemon fighters. That'll prevent an imbalance; those two franchises are the most popular.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Doesn't change the fact that Lucario looks ****in' dumb, just like all Pokemon post 1st gen.

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't change the fact that Lucario looks ****in' dumb, just like all Pokemon post 1st gen.
Quilava, Typhlosion, Totodile, Feraligatr, Espeon, Umbreon, Heracross, Ursaring, Houndour, Houndoom, Larvitar, Tyranitar, Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Lugia, Donphan, Grovyle, Sceptile, Blaziken, Mightyena, Gardevoir, Ninjask, Hariyama, Manetric, Flygon, Milotic, Duskull, Salamence, Metagross, Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Empoleon, Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor, Luxray, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Spiritomb, Gabite, Garchomp, Weavile, Rhyperior, Gallade, Electivire, Tangrowth, Dusknoir, Dialga, Darkrai, and Arceus say hi.

My opinion, of course.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Another RBY purist. I bet you loved green graphics :/ I have no idea why people like you are so "omg rby is the best anything else is bad"

lol pokemon racisim my lord.

-Knight

I'll agree with you on the first part, but how can you say that all pokemon past 1st gen look dumb when in the first gen some pokemon look like this:

and of course the brilliant originality that is:

evolving into

Fawriel

Smash Master
Indeed!

Although many of the newer designs are strange, unoriginal or downright bad... I think if the generations switched places chronologically so the first one would have consisted of the current 4th generation, we'd all love that one while the newer designs seem boring. I mean, Pidgey. Puh-leaze.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Like I said previously somewhere:

People don't like the newer Generations, because they aren't 10 anymore.

So all they can say is, "lol omgs lucario wont b in cuse he lookz stoopid n pokeman iz dum!"

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Megadio just insulted two Pokemon I like. >=[

Can anyone give me "examples of bad designs" from the 4th gen?

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Hippopotas is awful. Hippowdon on the other hand...

I think Lickilicky and Rhyperior are cool...

Fawriel

Smash Master
.... in how far?

I mean.

Togepi is cute.
Togetic is cute, too.

Then it sorta... loses its legs and its limbs and, actually, joints in general, and turns into a plastic toy airplane. I mean... how does it move? It looks to me like its primary mode of movement is being thrown by its trainer.
Look at that constellation of feet and head.
Imagine it standing.
Imagine it trying to pick up food from the ground.
Doesn't that sorta give you a divide-by-zero error?

Nothing against you, Yuki, but your Pokemon there is incapable of surviving. o_o

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
All of the evolutions in the 4th generation look awful. I just have to say it. None of those Pokemon needed any more evolutions.

I'm so glad they didn't mess with Cubone...

Although I don't find Togekiss that bad... compared to the other evolutions... at least Togekiss is cute!

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'll have to agree with you there. I can't think of a single new evolution to an already existing line that doesn't look really out-of-place and tacked-on.

As for Togekiss, well... aesthetically there are worse things. But considering that I already found the evolution from Mankey to Primape illogical because the lack of tail actually makes it lose mobility... yeah.
Togekiss is just a... bad design. Not due to ugliness ( primarily ), but rather due to simply being impossible and far from an improvement from Togetic ( which I'm rather fond of ).

That isn't to say that the fourth generation consisted entirely of bad or mediocre designs.. lessee for some overlooked gems...

( CHILLFISH!!!!!! )

Yay for restoring my own faith!

PS: Now that I look at these, I realize that the last three are additional evolutions. Haha.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh yeah, I have to agree, it really doesn't make any sense... It's just that it isn't as ridiculous looking as the rest.

I have to say that Porygon Z is one of the better evolutions I've seen.

Do note that I'm going soley by appearance here, as I haven't played Diamond or Pearl. XD

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to agree with you there. I can't think of a single new evolution to an already existing line that doesn't look really out-of-place and tacked-on.

As for Togekiss, well... aesthetically there are worse things. But considering that I already found the evolution from Mankey to Primape illogical because the lack of tail actually makes it lose mobility... yeah.
Togekiss is just a... bad design. Not due to ugliness ( primarily ), but rather due to simply being impossible and far from an improvement from Togetic ( which I'm rather fond of ).

That isn't to say that the fourth generation consisted entirely of bad or mediocre designs.. lessee for some overlooked gems...

Kricketune was my first favourite of the fourth generation. Personally, I think he looks pretty snazzy. And I don't even know if the French often wear handlebar mustaches.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I misread the post. I thought you were still talking about mediocre Pokemon. Please forgive me.
Now I'll vacate the thread before I make an *** of myself again.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I believe Fawriel was saying he was one of the gems of the 4th gen, not one of the poorly designed ones.

Top Bottom