• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Explain why Pichu and Jigglypuff were important to the franchise, and THEN we'll explain why Lucario's important.
This isn't Melee... THIS IS BRAWL. Melee was rushed, while Brawl is being perfected. Why else would Pichu be a clone character? Isn't everyone on the threads saying he's going to be removed anyways?

Characters like Mewtwo and Jigglypuff both have reached a type of popular/mascot status just like Pikachu from the Red and Blue Pokemon game, which if I recall was the first pokemon game. Which was the original game that set the foundation for the entire series all together.

Mario has a lot of mascots in his series, like Luigi, Peach, and Bowser. They aren't as popular as Mario but they are MAJOR and IMPORTANT characters from the first Super Mario Bros game. You can't deny that they are also an icon just like Mario is.

Just like the others, you answered my question with another question.

So I'll ask it again.

Give me one good reason why Lucario is NECESSARY to the Pokemon franchise.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Why is any other Pokemon (Bar legendaries to an extent) important to the franchise outside of the Anime?

Stupid little **** stay in your own thread.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
So I'll ask it again.

No intention to flame or anything but...

Is that a question?

And @ Legolastom.. Whom were you speaking towards?

@pineappleupsetshark Pikachu is super popular because of the anime.. He is Ash's #1 Pokemon.. And Pokemon Yellow version was pretty much themed around Pikachu since hes popular right? And I think Pichu was a mistake (No offense to any real Pichu lovers)

-Onyx

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Characters like Mewtwo and Jigglypuff both have reached a type of popular/mascot status just like Pikachu from the Red and Blue Pokemon game, which if I recall was the first pokemon game. Which was the original game that set the foundation for the entire series all together.
So? Marth was from the original and third Fire Emblems, yet he was paired with Roy aswell. You know why? Roy was there to PROMOTE the next Fire Emblem (which was 6 at the time) so that more people would buy it. Why not have Lucario to promote D/P even more? Why shouldn't they put in a character which has been shown to be popular, to make the fans happy, and be more likely to buy Brawl?

The answer to all of these questions are They Should. And thats what will happen, I can guarantee you now.

Lucario is an important character, in that he is likely the most popular 4th Gen Pokemon, and he's had a movie dedicated to him. Why do you seem to believe this isn't sufficient evidence that Lucario will get in? From reading your posts in the Pro Squirtle thread, you seem to have a fanboyish bias against him, and you're just ignoring or twisting the points other people make.

Just like the others, you answered my question with another question.
Try answering theirs aswell, instead of sidestepping everything everyone says with this "You answered my question with another question" bull****.

I'll answer your question. He is the most popular 4th Gen Pokemon, he has his own movie and he'd be a good representative for D/P. That is three good reasons which make him far more likely than any other Pokemon.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
That was aimed at "The most hated person on SWF" yes... thats you sandman... i have gone past trying to reason with you i mean why don't you just ANSWER STRYK'S POST!! or are you to scared... but i could probably predict what you would say anyway XD

LMAO

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Wow... rescue dungeon.... that's a real winner there.

This is Brawl, not Melee. Melee was rushed, no wonder why characters like Roy and Pichu were "cloned" into the game. Brawl is being perfected, so we should be expecting the best characters from Nintendo's history. You know, the most important Nintendo characters that represent their franchises.

Blackshadow69 at least attempted to answer it. But once again, like many others, he had to use the movie as an example. Rather than being important in his own game, it seems like people only remember him because he appeared in some kiddy movie. He's popular you say? Well Pikachu is still popular and its been 10 years since he's been around. Lucario is popular because he recently came out.

The rest of you, quit avoiding the question and answer it.

Why is Lucario NECESSARY to the franchise?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O so the Anime isn't important is it? so tell me PLEASE TELL ME! how is Pikachu so important? is it because she was... a generic Pokemon? o no wait actually silly me if i use your logic it would be because she is 1st gen... wont it?

****ing stupid **** your just scraping the bottom of the ****ing barrel now why don't you give up?

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu, an otherwise mediocre pokemon, is popular soley because of the anime.

FerreTrip

Smash Cadet
*sighs* Sandy, we ARE answering you. In the best way we can. But yer bein' a stubborn lil' chain-jerker. So here's my answer.

At first, in the beginning, 4th gen was being promoted by Gonbe. But then, Nintendo wanted to promote it in a way that would attract the more grown-up, otaku-y crowd. So who could they use that wasn't a mascot legendary? Ruks, that who. He's one of the coolest-looking 4th gens, with a serious vibe to him, so that attracted the cover-judgers. Then he was revealed to use aura/waves, and soon his story unfolded.
In case you didn't realize it, Lucario has the biggest, most in-depth and striking backstory for a pokémon since Mewtwo.
He was essential to get the word out about D/P to audiences, who could find out he's a poké in there you could get. I know, I'm saying he's essential as a big ad ploy, but don't worry, sir.

He's pretty effin' good in the game, too, and has a great type matchup with his part-steel type(well, cept against ground types...). He can use Me First rather early, a good strategic attack. Without him, Aura Sphere might not exist. He's awesome. But that's as far as I can go, unless you get your head outta yer *** and remember why the other four got in last round: OVERALL popularity.

And that's all, since I'm getting to the end of my Wii's message box.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
*sighs* Sandy, we ARE answering you. In the best way we can. But yer bein' a stubborn lil' chain-jerker. So here's my answer.

At first, in the beginning, 4th gen was being promoted by Gonbe. But then, Nintendo wanted to promote it in a way that would attract the more grown-up, otaku-y crowd. So who could they use that wasn't a mascot legendary? Ruks, that who. He's one of the coolest-looking 4th gens, with a serious vibe to him, so that attracted the cover-judgers. Then he was revealed to use aura/waves, and soon his story unfolded.
In case you didn't realize it, Lucario has the biggest, most in-depth and striking backstory for a pokémon since Mewtwo.
He was essential to get the word out about D/P to audiences, who could find out he's a poké in there you could get. I know, I'm saying he's essential as a big ad ploy, but don't worry, sir.

He's pretty effin' good in the game, too, and has a great type matchup with his part-steel type(well, cept against ground types...). He can use Me First rather early, a good strategic attack. Without him, Aura Sphere might not exist. He's awesome. But that's as far as I can go, unless you get your head outta yer *** and remember why the other four got in last round: OVERALL popularity.

All I can say is this: True to that, FerreTrip.

Also Sandman, let's see why Mewtwo became popular--he had his own movie as well. So why rule out the movie if something like that got Mewtwo more popularity, hmm. Lucario's also the most recognized 4th generation Pokemon so he could promote the recent games; Diamond & Pearl (which topped the Nintendo DS sales by the way).

Game Freak nor nintendo never said why they put lucario out... So all that blathering on about how he's cool and he attracts people doesn't really make sense... Maybe... just maybe... They wanted to show a new pokemon from the fourth gen... >_>;

Lucario is a species of pokemon... They all don't have backstories... If your talking about the one in the movie his backstory is that he was returned into his pokeball and was being all *****y about it.

He sucks in the game... He has a horrible defensive stats and with 90 base speed he's going to get outrun by nearly everything. Contrary to serebii's description of Me First you don't get to go first... You have to be faster than your opponent... Most things that are slower than 90 base speed are defensive pokemon that are going to use moves like spikes or stealth rock and me first doesn't copy those moves. He gets destroyed by anything that isn't bug rock or dark... Pathetic speed and pathetic defensive stats are not pretty effin good in the game...

Salaad

Smash Ace
And Pikachu, Pichu and JIGGLYPUFF sucked in the game too. Why were they in SSB64/Melee? It doesn't matter about being good in the game because Jigglypuff sucks. If you're saying that Lucario shouldn't be in Brawl because he sucks in D/P, then I just gave you a counter-example.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
Pikchu & Jiggly, along with their evolutions are somewhat mediocre, but cute sells. Lucario is good provided that he's played correctly. His speed is not bad, just average, so if speed is an issue, make sure he's Jolly. Also, mine has a Salac Berry, & does well.

And Pikachu, Pichu and JIGGLYPUFF sucked in the game too. Why were they in SSB64/Melee? It doesn't matter about being good in the game because Jigglypuff sucks. If you're saying that Lucario shouldn't be in Brawl because he sucks in D/P, then I just gave you a counter-example.
I said that cause if you read the post that i quoted... The person said that Lucario was good in the game while he is not.

Pikchu & Jiggly, along with teir evolutions are somewhat mediocre, but Lucario is good provided that he's played correctly. His speed is not bad, just average, so if speed is an issue, make sure he's Jolly. Also, mine has a Salac Berry, & does well.
Well i hope your salac berry gets a chance to activate while he's being ohko'd... Unless your using endure and reversal... Then he has to worry about priority moves...

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
He sucks in the game... He has a horrible defensive stats and with 90 base speed he's going to get outrun by nearly everything. Contrary to serebii's description of Me First you don't get to go first... You have to be faster than your opponent... Most things that are slower than 90 base speed are defensive pokemon that are going to use moves like spikes or stealth rock and me first doesn't copy those moves. He gets destroyed by anything that isn't bug rock or dark... Pathetic speed and pathetic defensive stats are not pretty effin good in the game...
I've been using a choice specs Lucario for some time now and it's a great special sweeper. Don't push your opinions as fact if you haven't even tried the Pokemon. Everything is usable, except for things like Magikarp. XD

Worrying about priority moves? Almost no-one uses them.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
I said that cause if you read the post that i quoted... The person said that Lucario was good in the game while he is not.
It's your opinion that Lucario is bad, which he isn't. He's just not overpowered like some pokes are, stat-wise.

I've been using a choice specs Lucario for some time now and it's a great special sweeper. Don't push your opinions as fact if you haven't even tried the Pokemon. Everything is usable, except for things like Magikarp. XD

Worrying about priority moves? Almost no-one uses them.
I don't push my opinions as fact... I give valid reasons to support the statements that i make. If your going to say it like that then stop pushing your opinion as fact saying that he is a good special sweeper.

Donphan, Mamoswine, Weavile, Linoone, Deoxys (albeit its uber so lucario doesn't have to worry about it), Metagross, Breloom, Ambipom and others all can consider using a priority move in their moveset.

It's your opinion that Lucario is bad, which he isn't. He's just not overpowered like some pokes are, stat-wise.
It's your opinion that Lucario is good, which he isn't. He's just not useful like some pokes are, stat wise.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
I don't push my opinions as fact... I give valid reasons to support the statements that i make. If your going to say it like that then stop pushing your opinion as fact saying that he is a good special sweeper.

Donphan, Mamoswine, Weavile, Linoone, Deoxys (albeit its uber so lucario doesn't have to worry about it), Metagross, Breloom, Ambipom and others all can consider using a priority move in their moveset.

It's your opinion that Lucario is good, which he isn't. He's just not useful like some pokes are, stat wise.
Hello? Extremespeed?

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace

Mature of you using my own remark against me.

Few people actually use Mamoswine or Linoone at all. Weavile and Metagross don't often have their priority moves outside 3vs3. Only Breloom leads have Mach Punch, and Ambipom has to use Fake Out on the turn it comes in, and he WON'T want to come in on a Reversal Lucario. You also forgot lol other Lucarios.

Mature of you using my own remark against me.

Few people actually use Mamoswine or Linoone at all. Weavile and Metagross don't often have their priority moves outside 3vs3. Only Breloom leads have Mach Punch, and Ambipom has to use Fake Out on the turn it comes in, and he WON'T want to come in on a Reversal Lucario. You also forgot lol other Lucarios.
Well your being hypocritical saying that while you are doing the same thing. So that is why i copied your statement

Mamoswine has excellent Stab moves and great attack. Linoone has gluttony so that when he bellydrums he gets his salac boost right away. Ambipom can come in after lucario has ko'd a pokemon and fake out lucario.

Yeah i did.. >__>; I forgot a bunch of others too like Dusknoir and Spiritomb who can come in on a reversal...

You were talking about priority moves
.____.;; I'm saying why would a reversal lucario have extreme speed on their moveset? Sooo yeah...

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Mamoswine has excellent Stab moves and great attack. Linoone has gluttony so that when he bellydrums he gets his salac boost right away. Ambipom can come in after lucario has ko'd a pokemon and fake out lucario.

Yeah i did.. >__>; I forgot a bunch of others too like Dusknoir and Spiritomb who can come in on a reversal...
Ice Fang and Ice Shard barely constitute as great stab moves. Mamoswine also has a LOT of bad weaknesses. Why is your opponent letting you set up Belly Drum Linoone? And WHY are you letting Lucario get an easy KO?

It's possible for Lucario to predict Dusknoir and Crunch. Not much he can do to Spiritomb, but what sweeper can?

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
My Lucario isn't based on reversal. I let him take just enough damage, then Salac, & sweep away.

Wrath`

Smash Master
How did you arrive to that conclusion (you're clearly biased).

Sorry for the double post.
well A. any introduced character lowers the chance of all new people to get due to disc space
B. poke trainer is 3 pokes in one or 3 seperate characters in one, so if you think about we have 4 pokemon

(you're clearly stupid):p

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ur clearly ********, ur saying were just gonna get 6 poke reps? (pika, PTx3 mewtwo and jiggs?) sorry but thast bull, besides PT may have 3 movesets, but hes ONE rep, since charizard and the other dont count as other characters like shiek, why? because u want main one in particular cuase you have to change pokemons...

so far we only got Pika and PT as reps, since winning the battle the guys wont say:

This winner is... squirtle! no hes gonna say trainer since HES the character you choose and use HIS pokemon to battle...

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
wow, lucario fights......

i laugh, but with this pokemon trainer out there,he could not get a spot in brawl
well A. any introduced character lowers the chance of all new people to get due to disc space
B. poke trainer is 3 pokes in one or 3 seperate characters in one, so if you think about we have 4 pokemon

(you're clearly stupid):p
Insulting someone is a poor & juvenile way to further an argument, & only hurts you in the end. Anyway, true, PT has 3 pokes, but there's going to be a ton of character slots, & Pokemon still technically has 2 confirmed reps. Someone presented the theory the PT may b a means of getting in extra pokes without detracting from the character slots.

Wrath`

Smash Master
anyone who thinks difrent from the majority always gets flamed, geeze what happend to smashboards, before you could voice idea with someone saying YoZZ iZZ STuPIZDD.

poor and juvinile are insults to me,so i guess you fall under the same catogar dude

@ strkys, we have no idea how many charcter there are,+the fact if suirtle,ivyusaur and charzarid were 3 seperat characters,they would still take up as much disk space as they do now.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
anyone who thinks difrent from the majority always gets flamed, geeze what happend to smashboards, before you could voice idea with someone saying YoZZ iZZ STuPIZDD.

poor and juvinile are insults to me,so i guess you fall under the same catogar dude

@ strkys, we have no idea how many charcter there are,+the fact if suirtle,ivyusaur and charzarid were 3 seperat characters,they would still take up as much disk space as they do now.
First off, I insulted not you, but the manner in which you present your opinion. Second, I don't approve of anyone flaming others in a debate, because like I said before, it's juvenile, & damages the argument. Finally, if they were separate, they would take up more space.

Wrath`

Smash Master
i would not flame, but peeps like strkys and others make me flame.

anyway, it would take up nearly the same amount of space, 3 movsets and animations for items and stuff.

Legolastom

Smash Hero

?? Your the one who actually called someone stupid in the first place!

Well they are not insults to hurt you they are telling you how you are acting by insulting someone.

No actually you wont play SE with all three of them will you? now imagine how much of thats in the game and likely that PT was a way to get more PKMN into the game without having nine character slots.

(Spelling and grammer now now...)

Top Bottom