• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Kentalish

Smash Lord
ok sandman and Stryks dont turn this into the other thread pokemon trainer has squirtle lightweight ivysaur medium and Charizard heavyweight...

back ontopic i prefer munchlax over Lucario but if Lucario is still cool

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Because he is 1st gen and thats the theme Sakurai is following : P (How long have you been with the Anti Lucario thread? iv been there since around the beginning).

Fawriel

Smash Master
Diddy confirmed = highly requested character confirmed = Lucario confirmed

Diddy confirmed = character without any fancy schmancy transformation skills or stuff but with a unique style confirmed = Lucario confirmed

-> Farfetched assumptions confirmed

Still, if Sakurai could make Diddy unique and opted against the Diddy-Dixie team, I see that as a good sign for the supposedly not unique Lucario.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I never took that Diddy - Dixie thing seriously... and i doubt Sakurai (A mart man) would either.

Lets pray for Pulse and minum (Lets pray for them NOT being in).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ WAt Legolastom said. LOL at dragon Yoshi...random awsomeness. <_<

Anyways...Lucario for f***ing Brawl, I bet $50 it's in Brawl, that's how confident I am! XD If I lose the $50 because of all the Lucario fans....aww well, Diddy's confirmed! :)

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Diddy confirmed = highly requested character confirmed = Lucario confirmed

Diddy confirmed = character without any fancy schmancy transformation skills or stuff but with a unique style confirmed = Lucario confirmed

-> Farfetched assumptions confirmed

Still, if Sakurai could make Diddy unique and opted against the Diddy-Dixie team, I see that as a good sign for the supposedly not unique Lucario.
Lucario didn't appear anywhere on the Sakurai poll. o_O I mean, as popular as he is, I really only see him being requested in North America, unless there's a Japanese board with a big fanbase that I'm not aware of...

Brings some minor hype to Gardevoir, though....I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but when the poll was taken, wasn't Diamond/Pearl already released in Japan? And Lucario was revealed to Japan way before then, yet of all Pokemon, only Gardevoir made it and it was mentioned once. Very worrying.

One more point against our poor friend Lucario is that Sakurai seemed to have put in a second gen character as a last thought for Melee. You get the returning Pikachu and Jigglypuff, newcomer Mewtwo and when the time boils down "Man, we need to make clones! Uh, Pichu!" If it was so important to rep the second gen at the time, why didn't we get an original second gen character alongside Mewtwo?

I still wish Lucario fans the best of luck, but if he ends up replacing Jigglypuff or Mewtwo I will be very disappointed. You don't replace a 2 game veteran and the most voted Pokemon/villain representative. That's just not cool. =/

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
But Magikarp was actually necessary for the Pokemon games. He was the original "This Pokemon is really really terrible until you take the time to level him up". There are a few others that kind of follow this rule, but not as well as Magikarp did.

And that trait alone makes him more unique than Lucario.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I mean the reason Pokemon was such an advertising ***** was because Nintendo was introducing a completely new franchise into the field. Back then without constant advertising a gaming franchise would eventually cease to exist. Look what happened to Rayman and Crash Bandicoot. I mean they were popular, but eventually they just disappeared. And when a new game comes out, many aren't interested in it.

So yes, the anime was important for Pokemon. Because Nintendo advertised the hell out of them in any way possible. But Smash Bros is a series full of the greatest video game characters in Nintendo history. You're forgetting the fact that Pikachu is the mascot for the game. THE GAME.

Lucario is being over-advertised now. Which is really unnecessary since Pokemon is already popular. Seriously, they didn't need to advertise him or any other new Pokemon character when the series is already known by everyone.
-----------------------------------------------------

Isn't it funny how Petey is in Brawl now? And look I was right about Squirtle too! Maybe I'm onto something here? Also, I noticed the lack of Lucario fans on this site. It used to be plentiful, but now they just seem like they're finally leaving the bandwagon.

If I hear another word about 'franchise necessity', I'm going to explode.

Franchise necessity doesn't have anything to do with this game. Either a character is in or out, that's it. The closest thing to franchise reperesentation in brawl is the aesthetic changes amoung the characters and stages.

The game is a freakin' fan service. Jesus...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea XD (At JK1) but sandman you still haven't answered my question how is magikarp NECESSARY to the franchise?

And you where not right about Petey... he isn't a PC.

Bandwagon? no just you pretending to be smart again.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Franchise necessity doesn't have anything to do with this game. Either a character is in or out, that's it. The closest thing to franchise reperesentation in brawl is the aesthetic changes amoung the characters and stages.

The game is a freakin' fan service. Jesus...
^^^^ Especially in Pokémon. Lucario will be in Because of popularity, not being a neccessity to the series. Lik I said before, not a single Pokémon matters outside of Pikachu to the series and developers, it's wat they get the money off [in merchandise, movies, toys, trading cards, etc.]. Saying Lucario or any other Pokémon outside of Pikachu is stupid, plain and simple.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Lol. I don't need to see Sandman's posts to know what he's saying.
So predicatable.
"You still haven't answered my question!"
Yhea XD (At JK1) but sandman you still haven't answered my question how is magikarp NECESSARY to the franchise?
ZOMG! MAGIKARP FOR BRAWL!
UpB-Fishflop-Flops upwars in the air, causing m455ive damage to anyone nearby.
SideB-Fish Schlapp-Slaps with fins
NeutralB-Splash-Splashes around, doing nothing. Anyone that touches Magikarp while it's splashing DIES instantly.
DownB-Flail-The higher the percentage on Magikarp, the higher the damage of this move.
Magikarp wriggles about madly.
Final Smash-Evolution-Evolves into Gyrados, and lets loose a DRAGON RAGE!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But Magikarp was actually necessary for the Pokemon games. He was the original "This Pokemon is really really terrible until you take the time to level him up". There are a few others that kind of follow this rule, but not as well as Magikarp did.

It's confirmed as a NPC genious. Just look in the very first Pokéball update. :laugh: No one with half a brain wants to play Magicarp, that would be like playing any other character, minus the legs and arms, and their only attack is their half-retarted taunt.

:laugh:

Isn't it funny how Petey is in Brawl now? And look I was right about Squirtle too! Maybe I'm onto something here? Also, I noticed the lack of Lucario fans on this site. It used to be plentiful, but now they just seem like they're finally leaving the bandwagon.
Pettey is a 100% guarenteed NPC. Bowser was confirmed to be the heaviest of all fighters, and Pettey is clearly much heavier. And you were only right to some degree, 1/3rd to be exact. Funny how I was right about Ike and Diddy Kong. Does that make me any smarter then I was before=??? No, your sticking your nose around like you are smarter than everyone else.

Only the people who predicted the Pokémon Trainer, switching or summoning Pokémon have a right to gloat, and even they should go around all full of themselves like you have. You didn't see Squirtle this way at all, so technically you were incorrect. :p

And Lucario still has fanbase genious. I don't see A SINGLE Magicarp for Brawl thread. C'mon, name 1 newcomer Pokémon thread with more posts. [that isn't confirmed] GO on, do it=you can't, unless you go to another site. HA, I WIN! :)

^^^^ Especially in Pokémon. Lucario will be in Because of popularity, not being a neccessity to the series. Lik I said before, not a single Pokémon matters outside of Pikachu to the series and developers, it's wat they get the money off [in merchandise, movies, toys, trading cards, etc.]. Saying Lucario or any other Pokémon outside of Pikachu is stupid, plain and simple.
Thank you for having some intelligence here.

Seriously sandman, you're so full of biased crap it isn't even funny.

Franchise necessity has nothing to do with Brawl or Pokemon. Each pokemon doesn't play any specific important role in each franchise branch. No one, even Lucario, has no individual rights above other Pokemon. Basically, you're saying that out of 493 Pokemon, only a few are the backbone of the franchise itself, which in general has no direct effect on Smash Bros. development.

I've been reading all of your crap sandman, and I say this with a literal sense. Please...

Shut the fuck up.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ridley.

Also why are you reading Sandman's posts? what are you? masochist?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Thank you for having some intelligence here.

Seriously sandman, you're so full of biased crap it isn't even funny.

Franchise necessity has nothing to do with Brawl or Pokemon. Each pokemon doesn't play any specific important role in each franchise branch. No one, even Lucario, has no individual rights above other Pokemon. Basically, you're saying that out of 493 Pokemon, only a few are the backbone of the franchise itself, which in general has no direct effect on Smash Bros. development.

I've been reading all of your crap sandman, and I say this with a literal sense. Please...

Shut the fuck up.
Well I try to have some intelligence. ^_^

Ya seriously, only Pikachu deserves a spot in Brawl as the official Pokémon mascot. But Lucario is the mascot of the 4th gen. but is by no means NEEDED. NO ONE IS NEEDED OUTSIDE OF THE ORIGINAL YELLOW RAT ITSELF! Only charcters truely needed in Brawl really are confirmed already...minus Ganondorf and Captain Falcon=then we have all the main characters of the biggest franchises. DONE! XD

LOL, Lucario is going to get in Brawl not because "ZOMG it's neccessary", but because it's the most desired newcomer Pokémon for Brawl, by a large margin. The only other character with a pro-Brawl fanbase that is HALF as big is Blazekein. Every other possible newcomer Pokémon's pro-Brawl fanbase is microscopic next to Lucario. In other words, since no Pokémon is neccessary, and no Pokémon is important to the storyline, we'll get the most popular, and maybe a WTF? Pokémon character or something [again]. :laugh:

SO that means Lucario has a huge chance.

[/end rant]

Shuma

Smash Hero
Only charcters truely needed in Brawl really are confirmed already...minus Ganondorf=then we have all the main characters of the biggest franchises. DONE! XD
Ridley is the Bowser/Ganondorf for Metroid, isn't he important? where's the RIdley love?

And i hope Lucario isn't in Brawl, he's ugly, he's ********, he's 4th gen.

Seriously, we have enough with Pika, PT, Jiggly and Mewtwo, plase god no more.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ridley is the Bowser/Ganondorf for Metroid, isn't he important? where's the RIdley love?

Seriously, we have enough with Pika, PT, Jiggly and Mewtwo, please god no more.
Since when does your opinion dictate who gets into brawl?

Since when does Shuma's opinion dictate ANYTHING? (Because you have no soul!!)

And that is by no means enough...

Seriously, we have enough with Pika, PT, Jiggly and Mewtwo, plase god no more.
You're in the wrong topic then.

How would you like it is someone said "I hope Ridley isn't in Brawl, he's skinny, big, ugly, and Retarted."

Your biased opinions mean nothing, so I wouldn't waste my time if I were you.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I should stop posting in so many threads at once at 2.00 Am... i didn't even remember this was the Lucario thread :p.

But i do look on the brightside, i don't really whant Lucario in Brawl(i think we have lots of Pokemon), but if i had to decide between... let's say Munchlax and Lucario, i would choose Lucario.

He's a Dog(i think) and can do a hadooken=pwnage for a pokemon.

And yes Legolas, i have no soul.. but... do you? dududuuun.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well that depends on how you look at my situation...

But enough about my soul its best to avoid those "i don't like that character cos he is ********" stuff all together because it just gives you less respect around here.

Anyways Lucario is kind of like a Hadouken, force wielding,kung foo Ninja IMO

Shuma

Smash Hero
I know the "he's ********" argument makes you lose respect(respect that i don't think i have :p)

But with so many threads having Lucario on the tittle(2) it's hard to know in wich one you're posting.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea sometimes i post in a thread thinking its another one (Usually because the top most post is off topic XD).

But you guys think that Lucario's aura sphere will look like the in game animation?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Does he have any of those OHKO moves that have low accuracy? that might work.

(Or he could just use Chaos control or something : P)

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
I think they should add Lucario with some actual pulse attacks in his arsenal. Even though you have to teach him TMs for most pulses, he is still a pulse-type pokemon. (Or was it aura? I don't remember which it is for the English-speaking nations)

kaid

Smash Master
Focus Bomb is a 120 power, 70 accuracy special (read, energy) Fighting type move.

As a more powerful and less accurate version of Pulse Bomb, I suggest it as a FS.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I mean the reason Pokemon was such an advertising ***** was because Nintendo was introducing a completely new franchise into the field. Back then without constant advertising a gaming franchise would eventually cease to exist. Look what happened to Rayman and Crash Bandicoot. I mean they were popular, but eventually they just disappeared. And when a new game comes out, many aren't interested in it.

So yes, the anime was important for Pokemon. Because Nintendo advertised the hell out of them in any way possible. But Smash Bros is a series full of the greatest video game characters in Nintendo history. You're forgetting the fact that Pikachu is the mascot for the game. THE GAME.

Lucario is being over-advertised now. Which is really unnecessary since Pokemon is already popular. Seriously, they didn't need to advertise him or any other new Pokemon character when the series is already known by everyone.
-----------------------------------------------------

I love how this guy defeats his own aruments.

Top Bottom