• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
I definitly agree with Lucario in SSBB. As much as I find that the first season of pokemon was prehapes the best of the best, we just have to see someone represent the newer seasons. The newest season that was represented was the 2nd one by Pichu, and Pichu in my eyes was put in more for a filler character. But Lucario definitly one of the best choices to me atleast.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
They are called Generations the seasons are a certain group of shows in the Anime.

But yhea you are right the newer ones have GOT to be represented.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
They are called Generations the seasons are a certain group of shows in the Anime.

But yhea you are right the newer ones have GOT to be represented.
Sorry my mistake. Should have known that.

To speak some of my partial truth, I am slightly annoyed about the Pokemon Trainer character. I mean the first Generation had pikachu, jiggly puff and mewtwo. But the decided to make a character with three pokemon from the same generation. Me being somewhat of a pokemon fan do like these guys, but I would have much rather perfered a newer Generation update. I still have no idea if the 4th gen guys will be included!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I love that we get to play as squirtle and charizard! but Jigglypuff and Mewtwo's return isn't 100% likely.

But they do over represent the 1st gen.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Oh I love it too! I mean the character itself is so original. I just wish they would atleast give us a pokemon from the pokeball update to show us that the fourth Generation is gonna be included so we may have a good hint Lucario can join.

Im definitly sure Jiggly puff is gonna return since he has been in from game one. I would not be suprized if mewtwo was cut out, but ide rather it they keep him in but jack his moves up abit. Oh god I hope the give pichu the boot.

But playing as three forms of the first original startes...thats okay in my books :D!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't see what's wrong with Mewtwo...He's my best in any 1 Vs. 1 match...(Not my best in 4 player matches but still VERY good with him)

No one suspects Mewtwo players to be good...

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Ya I know Im sorry for dissing a character that alot of people see as a good character, but to me, it seems that they could have done alot better of a job on him. I would think there would be a few people who would agree with me, but I wouldent be suprized if my views were looked at as wrong by many.

But if you could improve anything on Mewtwo would ya? I wouldent mind seeing his forward B actually make projectils hit the enemie like marios cape or Fox's reflector.

Ectoplasmus

Smash Cadet
Lucario has exellent potential to be in brawl, and the best thing about pokemon characters is that they could have one of many movesets and styles, just like in the RPGs. But Sakurai seems to be neglecting anything past the first generation.

SilverFang

Smash Cadet
I hope Lucario will be in Brawl. There has to be a 4th generation pokemon there to promote the new games and I think he would fit in better than any other 4th gen pokemon.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Well here is how i see it.

We have Pikachu and Red Trainer definitly. JigglyPuff will probably get it in since she was in the first on and second one. Mewtwo will probably return aswell, although i wont be suprized if he is taken out. And im pretty postive that Pichu is kicking the bucket.

So this gives us around 4 pokemon characters, all from the first series. Now, really we dont want the pokemon group to get too big, (since people keep on suggesting pokemon that dont really make sense to be in). But because we still need a newer generation guy Lucario would probably fit the best. So we would probably end up seeing 5 pokemon characters at the most. Which ties with the mario characters in melee.

I think thats pretty fair. Anyone think anything else?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I don't see what's wrong with Mewtwo...He's my best in any 1 Vs. 1 match...(Not my best in 4 player matches but still VERY good with him)

No one suspects Mewtwo players to be good...
Just like nobody expects the Spanish inquisition, because our cheif weapon is surprise, surprise and fear, fear and surprise....

But seriously, it's not that nobody expects a good mewtwo player, the charecter is just terrible, so nobody expects anyone to be good enough at mewtwo to beat their rather high-leveled fox, because you have to be better then them by several orders of magnitude.

Number one Recommendation for Brawl: Mewtwo MUST be better (preferably with psychic and barrier).

Number two, Lucario is awesome, insert him into the game.

Dr. Strangekoopa

Smash Cadet
If I had to choose between the inclusion of Lucario and a reworked, polished and upgraded Mewtwo, I'd have to go with Mewtwo.

[Dr. Suess] And if I had a choice between the Grinch and a seasick crocodile... I'd choose a seasick crocodile! [/Dr. Suess]

What about all of you? New-two (The 'N' implies spiffyness) or Lucario?

Cinder

Smash Master
If I had to choose between the inclusion of Lucario and a reworked, polished and upgraded Mewtwo, I'd have to go with Mewtwo.

[Dr. Suess] And if I had a choice between the Grinch and a seasick crocodile... I'd choose a seasick crocodile! [/Dr. Suess]

What about all of you? New-two (The 'N' implies spiffyness) or Lucario?
I'm afraid I have to disagree. While I'd like to have both Mewtwo and Lucario (hey, who wouldn't), if I had to choose, I'd take Lucario. Nothin' against M2, but A. I think we need some 4th gen rep, and B. I'm a total Lucario fanboy. The way I see it, not putting Lucario in would be a crime, and if we have to sacrifice Mewtwo, then so be it...*prepares to be flamed*

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I actually do like Lucario better than Mewtwo. After Mewtwo's RBY brokeness he kinda lost his flair for me. (How awful he was in Melee may have contributed slightly >_> no character should be like he was).

^_^ Lucario for Brawl ^_^

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
i would love lucario to be in but i also think mewtwo should stay in because hes a villian and they need more villians in the game. hell be the villian from pokemon. And jiggs rocks!

Cinder

Smash Master
Amen. To kick out the number one wanted Pokemon for Melee for someone who wasn't even mentioned on Sakurai's poll...nuh uh, hell no.
Alright, how about we reach a compromise?
How about we just assume that they will BOTH be in. That would be five Pokemon reps: Pikachu, Jiggs, PT, M2, and Lucario (cuz Pichu ain't comin' back)

Seems fair to me...what about you guys?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm...maybe instead of Pokeball or PC...

Lucario can be an AT!!!

Lucario for AT!

Spartan_187

Smash Apprentice
"Come again? I'm sorry. I'm fighting the Cove
Ugh.... Pokemon Trainer Red made it (WTF!!!). So far, Pikachu and Red... I see only three Pokemon characters making it. Four would be OUTRAGOUS. Unfortunately, the choice of Red will just end up like Pichu (Hopefully). Or, He might turn out to be a cheap, son-of-a-gun cheating character. But Jigglypuff has a higher chance to make it than both Mewtwo and Lucario. We need less ''Small" Pokemon. I am very dissapointed... The_Sand_Man has got his EXACT wish, he's probably laughing his *** off at us who support Lucario...

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Ugh.... Pokemon Trainer Red made it. So far, Pikachu and Red... I see only three Pokemon characters making it. Four would be OUTRAGOUS. Unfortunately, the choice of Red will just end up like Pichu (Hopefully). Or, He might turn out to be a cheap, son-of-a-gun cheating character. But Jigglypuff has a higher chance to make it than both Mewtwo and Lucario. We need less ''Small" Pokemon. I am very dissapointed...

Oh, and if this game turns out to be what I'm thinking about, then this will be the last Smash Bros. game I will ever buy. So far, all of the SSB games turned out to be not very appealing to me.
4? The same amount we had in Melee?

If you think that 4 is to much, then you're going to be shocked when you play Brawl..

Spartan_187

Smash Apprentice
4? The same amount we had in Melee?

If you think that 4 is to much, then you're going to be shocked when you play Brawl..
That may be true (PLEASE BE TRUE!!!), but the public keep going on and arguing about too much pokemon. Just as they are arguing about Sonic. Then soon they will be cornered and they HAVE to do it or SSB the game will go in to the red. Heh,heh,heh, that would be so funny if Pikachu were the only Pkm character in the next couple of games!

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
That may be true (PLEASE BE TRUE!!!), but the public keep going on and arguing about too much pokemon. Just as they are arguing about Sonic. Then soon they will be cornered and they HAVE to do it or SSB the game will go in to the red. Heh,heh,heh, that would be so funny if Pikachu were the only Pkm character in the next couple of games!
Actually I think you're talking out of your backside.

Pokemon is a Multi-Billion dollar franchise

Do you know how many copies D/P have already sold? Do you know how high up the 10th Pokemon movie was in the Japanese Box Office?

Pokemon is one of the most well known franchises in the world. Pokemon is Nintendo's second largest franchise.

There will be atleast 5 Pokemon characters in Brawl, even the haters grudgingly accept that.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
he's probably laughing his *** off at us who support Lucario...
Oh trust me, he was. However his theory in no way disproves Lucario's inclusion in Brawl, so there's nothing to worry about.

Spartan_187

Smash Apprentice
Actually I think you're talking out of your backside.

Pokemon is a Multi-Billion dollar franchise

Do you know how many copies D/P have already sold? Do you know how high up the 10th Pokemon movie was in the Japanese Box Office?

Pokemon is one of the most well known franchises in the world. Pokemon is Nintendo's second largest franchise.

There will be atleast 5 Pokemon characters in Brawl, even the haters grudgingly accept that.
Then how much Mario characters will there be? SSB's main characters are Mario and Luigi. That's why they call it SUPER SMASH BROTHERS. There cannot be more Pokemon characters than there are Mario ones. Or it would not make sense.

P.S. Do you think I'm ********? I do know how Pop. Pokemon is. You do not know how much people have asked that same exact thing to me, it bugs the hell out of me.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Then how much Mario characters will there be? SSB's main characters are Mario and Luigi. That's why they call it SUPER SMASH BROTHERS. There cannot be more Pokemon characters than there are Mario ones. Or it would not make sense.

P.S. Do you think I'm ********? I do know how Pop. Pokemon is. You do not know how much people have asked that same exact thing to me, it bugs the hell out of me.
Let's see now, Mario, Peach, Luigi, Bowser, and Dr. Mario. Dr. Mario will most likely be removed on the account he's a clone so that makes 4. How do you know for an absolute fact that there will not be another Mario character or 2? Most likely there will be considering it's the NUMBER 1 FRANCHISE.

No. More. Pokemon.

For ****'s sake.
Such a convincing argument...

-Knight

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

Mario is the biggest franchise. All his characters have their own franchises now, but they originated from Mario.

Didn't you notice these guys?

And Luigi makes 7. Heck, there is bound to be atleast another 1 after Luigi.

Diddy is optional.

So I don't understand what you mean by there being less Mario characters..

Top Bottom