• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Luigi player

Smash Master
Here it is:
Serebii said:
Yes but I deconfirmed any roster that just had Mewtwo in or had Mewtwo and Lucario and ignored the ones that didn't

Many people correctly inferred it

And I did accidentally slip up a few months ago which was where the whole Lucario "replacing" Mewtwo thing came from

Luigi player

Smash Master
I repeat, I'm supposed to believe some random person I never heard of?

Well, you don't have to, but the sticker thing really indicates this too.
And ChaosZero...

I know it doesn't make much sense that they take in Jigglypuff over Mewtwo, but I guess it's the truth... and Jigglypuff was in since the original, so I guess they didn't want to take one of the original 12 out...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh, so Serebii finally spoke out and admits it? Cool! I wonder what else he will spill? Perhaps a Mewtwo boss encounter if it is fated to be so?

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
I repeat, I'm supposed to believe some random person I never heard of?
Believe this: Serebii owns a Pokemon fansite that has all the accurate news of recent Pokemon games, anime and manga. He had inside info for all of Pokemon D/P, and has been one of the most reliable sources of Pokemon on the web.

I have a comic on his forum. :p

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Here to congratulate all of the rabid Lucario fans!

But seriously, you guys deserve it. You've been working hard for this victory, and now it's yours. He'll be a great representative of the series; I owned a Lucario, and it was the best man I've ever trained. Oh Son Goku, how I miss you...

Now I just need to wait for Mewtwo's role... :(

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Do you think hell be more psychic based to fill the possible Mewtwo void or more martial arts based like the movie? Or maybe a perfect mix of both (Im hoping for that)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Okay, guys, all we have is a small blue head, so it's still not certain that it's really Lucario!

In fact...

Ha-haaaaaaaah!

Okay, fine.

Well, I guess I should try my best not to believe those other leaks. Wolf and ROB and 35 characters and whatnot.
I suppose it's still true that Mewtwo will be cut... though there's a silver lining in his evilness that could cause him to be a final boss as well as playable...

Whatever the case, thank you to all Lucario supporters who are being civil about this. Specifically kaid.

Luigi player

Smash Master
You should just course Sakurai for making it that bad in Melee. If it was better it would've been used by more people... but still Mewtwo was the coolest character in Melee, I can't believe this little NOTHING, Jigglypuff, got in before the almighty and legendary Mewtwo...

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
You should just course Sakurai for making it that bad in Melee. If it was better it would've been used by more people... but still Mewtwo was the coolest character in Melee, I can't believe this little NOTHING, Jigglypuff, got in before the almighty and legendary Mewtwo...
And only the "hardcore" smashers really bring out that fact and bring pubicity to his techincal suckiness, while the TRUE Smashers learn how to use him and pwn everyone you know as him (like me). Once again, I say: CURSE YOU COMPETITIVE COMMUNITY!!!

Cinder

Smash Master
Do not lose faith, Mewtwo is not out yet.
Exactly...we can't assume M2's gone because of this...it may not have been unlocked at that point, where the others had been...that, or the sticker just doesn't work on Mewtwo...

Anyway, Lucario FTW...it got its rightful place in the roster *waits for haters to become whiners*

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Exactly...we can't assume M2's gone because of this...it may not have been unlocked at that point, where the others had been...that, or the sticker just doesn't work on Mewtwo...

Anyway, Lucario FTW...it got its rightful place in the roster *waits for haters to become whiners*
I see option 1 as most probable. Mewtwo is a VERY secret character. And I was hoping for Lucario as well, but I didn't know it would come to a clash of support between him and Mewtwo.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Yes, he is in. Don't appreciate stupid nubs presuming I don't support him after spending 100 pages fighting for him in the sandman thread.

Top Bottom