• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Such a sweet leak. :D
I agree that it would be cool if Lucario teamed up with Captain Falcon in SSE, but what would be even cooler is if they fought each other first and THEN teamed up. Sweet martial arts battle.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Finally a leak. I am overjoyed that this can put the Lucario haters to rest. Now to address some points that I saw while in this thread. "Lucario only made it in because he's popular" That is true however it is also true for Pikachu, Jiggypuff and Mewtwo (The Pokemon Trainer is of historical value to the pokemon series). Regarding Mewtwo's exclusion from Brawl (As a playable character). I think he's gone. I don't know why Sakurai decided to exclude him but regardless I can feel for those who are sad about it only if they don't blame Lucario for Mewtwo leaving.

Lucario is going to make an amazing addition to the Brawl roster. With his unique Aura ability's he has so much to offer. Some B moves I was thinking of were:

B: His trademark Aura Sphere (The only pokemon in the game with STAB on it). I think it should have a limited charge and slight homing ability's when released.

Bv: Dark Pulse. Lucario crouches down and releases dark balls of energy that completely surround Lucario and push back any foes nearby. Great for when Lucario needs to get some space.

B>: Dragon Pulse. Lucario opens his mouth and releases a bluish white breath (A bit like bowsers except it does not hug the ground).

OR

B>: Closecombat combo: Think Marth and Roy's dancing blades from melee but with fists.

B^: I have a few ideas running around, perhaps I'll post a bit later on when come to a decision.

-Knight

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Standard B: Aura Sphere
Down B: Mind Reader/Counter
Up B: Sky Uppercut
Side B: Drain Punch

My Dream Lucario. Although any moveset with Aura Sphere as a Standard B will work for me.

Firefalcon

Smash Cadet
I'm glad lucario is confimed, now all that's left for me is wondering what lucario's role in the SSE will be.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Let me say congratulations Lucario fans for you splendid victory. As someone who was once a Lucario supporter quite some time ago, I can feel about 5-20% of the joy you guys are feeling. This is actually the first character I've congratulated so that makes me feel even better.

Or Lucario & Megaman... And by Megaman, I mean the one of the box of the NES game... O_O
If you're referring to the 3-6 boxart then cool, but if you're referring to 1-2 NES box art, then no. Not even for smash randomness. :p

Stryks

Smash Hero
Congrats lucario fans, for lucario is confirmed, now lego, if u remember, we had this little bet against our old buddy sandman? about lucario being in/out of brawl? hehehe

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yay!

Congrats guys! Youve become the third group to get their wish! (I think 3rd anyway)

I'm glad he's in, and look forward to testing him out, and brawling with all of you Lucario mains on wifi.

Now lets hope for Mewtwo's return!

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
He he he, to bad sandman most probably killed himself with a toothbrush or something. Also if you ever wondered if there was a sandman supporting Lucario there is... his name is Eisenherz.

D

Deleted member

I am happy Lucario is in. He has had my support from the start. So glad to see that 4th Gen is getting a playable rep but I am still hoping that Mewtwo is in. It would be real real sad to see him leave and I would feel that Smash Bros. wouldn't be the same without him.

Mewtwo and Claus for Brawl!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
LUCARIO

I saw the news at work and I wasnt able to work cuz I was too excited about lucario :D

Im so happy right now. Im just missing Krystal and Geno to have my desired roster.

AAAAAAA

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Its been 5 hours and im still surprized Lucario is in. He had a lot of obstacles in the way and he still managed to make it in. The Brawl dev team probably just realized he was to cool and perfect of a character for a fighting game.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hey, congratulations. That's pretty awesome for you guys. I never thought Lucario seemed that amazingly interesting (kind of made me imagine Fox and Pikachu breeding, actually) but I'm sure I'll play it.

So... who else thinks that the next character update will be Lucario now that we've got this leak?

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
i don't know, i mean...i've read all about this whole situation with lucario. and even though it seems like he's all but confirmed, i still have a seed of doubt in my mind. i guess its because i never believe anything unless its actually been officially confirmed. i don't think it'll really set in until i see him in the game myself or on the dojo. either way, it's awesome that he's probably in..

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I kind of have mixed emotions right now. I know that he's probably in, but that "newcomer" pic looks Photoshopped. If this is all a big hoax, then I wasted 5$ reserving the game.

Pkaz01

Smash Cadet
Nice lucario will be one of my favorites. Haven't seen his movie though but it's always good to see another pokemon.

VideoGamer713

Smash Cadet
Hmm... I kind of have mixed emotions right now. I know that he's probably in, but that "newcomer" pic looks Photoshopped. If this is all a big hoax, then I wasted 5$ reserving the game.
ROFLOL:laugh:, that newcomer picture was photoshop, we are talking bout a whole different picture that was in an official Nintendo of Japan video, that had a Groudon sticker highlighted and on the bottom, where it says who can use them, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, and Jigglypuff all have icons on the bottom (Ness also has one confirming him from the same video).

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Cinder said:
*sends taunting PM to the_sandman, Your Hero, and Black/Light*...

Guys, I'm sorry I haven't been here in a while, but let me say that I am beyond THRILLED to see Lucario make the cut...I think I may main it...
Lol, it's more disappointment than stupidity I feel. Either way I'm glad a majority of SWFers are happy, & I'd be more than happy to play as lucario, just like I do with all the other characters :).

Oh well.. As long as we get Isaac (with a psynergy based moveset) I'll be happy. Too bad about Doc Mario though, but atleast I have Capt. Falcon, PT (mainly squirtle and ivysaur), Snake, and Pit :)

See you guys some other time online, and enjoy your time of happiness, in the mean time I give you a final goodbye :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
*uses Aura Spear to bust in*

So Lucario did make it after all, (I know I'm late), I guess he is one of the top best Pokemon in the 4th Gen. I see. I didn't use him much in the Pokemon games, but I will use him a lot in Brawl though.

TomSquirrel-Lord

Smash Cadet
Wow, all i can say is wow, thats a great find right there. Plus, Lucario's in! thats freakin awesome! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to use him in brawl. I also think that the DOJO! will start to release these characters as official newcomers soon if they are aware of the growing truth among the SSBB fans.

SmashnTendo

Smash Apprentice
hey congrats you guys.

but I feel bad for Mewtwo. (but yes, he's not officially deconfirmed yet)

with Serebii saying Mewtwo is not in. (I know Serebii isn't an official source but still)

there is one space left on the end next to jigglypuff if that means anything.
maybe it means that some franchise (most likely the Mario/Mushroom Kingdom iconed characters) will have 5 characters representing them? It does make sense then, with that last spot....
and leaving Mewtwo out is just odd. we will see.

(don't get me wrong. I do want Mewtwo back. I barely played him in melee. I'm one of those purists that WISHES in vain that all characters that participated in smash bros. deserve to come back, even the 'bad' ones)

Top Bottom