• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Chepe

Smash Lord
Nice recolors, and Im glad you included the shiny one.

The red one is also fantastic, it reminds me of what people on Gamefaqs boards used to think Lucario's shiny version would look like. Anyway, be prepared to be satisfied peeps, the proposed leaks of now seem to indicate that Lucario is indeed in Brawl (but with a price; let there be no mistake about that).

If it does come to pass, then a lot of us were right in thinking that Sakurai would want to include an up-to-date Pokemon character to accurately represent the series. Not surprising to me in the least.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, they are supposed to be leaks that came from inside connections though (friends or contacts that work in Nintendo and such). People shouldnt be so silly as to call them predictions or consider them actual "prophets". Im not aiming that at you though; some people truly believe these are prophetic dreams or something...

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I just used that word because I had no idea what to call them. I won't say I believe it, but I won't disregard the fact that it exists either, because look at what happened to Melee!

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure pokemon will get 5 reps for brawl and Lucario has one of the best chances for that spot.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well, if the roster indeed contains 4 Pokemon characters, then it would just mean that Sakurai thought that the Pokemon Trainer's implications made 5 slots on the character select screen too much. You cant blame him for that. I just think that they wouldnt have had to sacrifice a still-deserving character, if it is true...

Boofer

Smash Ace
Well, if the roster indeed contains 4 Pokemon characters, then it would just mean that Sakurai thought that the Pokemon Trainer's implications made 5 slots on the character select screen too much. You cant blame him for that. I just think that they wouldnt have had to sacrifice a still-deserving character, if it is true...
I agree completely.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
At least 5???

Come on you have to admit that it is too much...
Pokemon is Nintendo's 2nd most popular series next to Mario. And Mario gets Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and maybe Geno and Bowser Jr. That's 6. Pokemon should get 5 IMO.

Pikachu
Pkmn Trainer
Jiggly
Mewtwo
Lucario (or any 4th gen for that matter)

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I'll take these rumors with a grain of salt. But I won't be surprised if they happen to come true.

By the way, should Lucario have a voice acto -

*gets shot*

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
...Pokemon is Nintendos second most popular series and is in the top 5 best selling series ever less than 5 is a disgrace to it, especially if Zelda got 5 and Pokemon didn't.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
The least amount of pokemon representitives is 2 pika and PT. a reasonable least is three with pika PT and lucario. But thats only if lucario really replaces mewtwo and jiggs dies. but considering that jiggs was kinda comfirmed to be back that a solid 4. But then again why would snakes voic actor know is jiggs is back unless he did a codec conversation.:confused:

Chepe

Smash Lord
Because he DID do a codec conversation, one for EVERY CHARACTER IN THE GAME. Yup, he knows every character in the game...

DragoonXD

Smash Cadet
NNID
DragoonXD
Yeah, I'm new here...

Anyways, I'm a huge Pokemon fan, and I definately think Lucario should be in Brawl. Of all the Pokemon so far, none of the all really pure fighters. Pikachu with it's electricity, Mewtwo with Shadow Ball, and even Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard all have ranged moves. And Jigglypuff just get knocked off if used in close combat. I support my opinion.

Speaking of Close Combat, I haven't seen anything here about a FS (I haven't read every page, that would make me fall asleep). Wouldn't it be cool to see Lucario pull off a combo of fighting moves on someone?

A little off topic. Has anyone seen a video with Scizor as a Pokeball Pokemon? I'm still calling Scizor as playable (Until another "Pokemon from Previous Installments" Update)

I think there will be 5 spots for Pokemon (Counting PT as 1).
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff (He's been in each Smash Bros. so far, why take Jiggs out now?)
-PKMN Trainer
-Lucario
-Mewtwo**/Scizor

**I would love to see Mewtwo return with his armor from the first Pokemon Move (Mewtwo Strikes Back) as an alternate costume. Unfortunately, that probably won't happen since it never appeared in a Pokemon game -.-

Nibwoddle

Smash Apprentice
...Pokemon is Nintendos second most popular series and is in the top 5 best selling series ever less than 5 is a disgrace to it, especially if Zelda got 5 and Pokemon didn't.
Actually, to those who don't give a crap about Nintendo (not me of course), Pokemon is the most well known videogame series. And the normal population is a lot larger than Nintendo Fans. But yes, it needs at least 5 reps.

DragoonXD

Smash Cadet
NNID
DragoonXD
Actually, to those who don't give a crap about Nintendo (not me of course), Pokemon is the most well known videogame series. And the normal population is a lot larger than Nintendo Fans. But yes, it needs at least 5 reps.
Not only is it well known, but it's also the second best selling franchise (second to Mario of course) with 155 million, and that was before Diamond and Pearl which hav esold over 10 million together.

Pokemon has earned and deserves 5 representatives. The question is whether they've had the time to add all of the characters. Obviously some are more important than others, and would've been added to the game first. But, who knows...

kaid

Smash Master
I have offered Genetic Genocide affiliation with the Lucario shrine.

If Lucario kicks out Mewtwo, we will comiserate together.
If Mewtwo keeps Lucario out, we will also share our misey.
If both get in, we shall celebrate together.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
In 2 weeks, folks, the fate of Smashbros, Nintendo, and the world lay in the balance. If Lucario is in, we are safe. If he is a pokeball, there may be trouble. If he is not recognized anywhere, all is lost.

kemkian

Smash Cadet
They need to make a pokemon that does not include electricity attacks or dark attacks.
Lucario Perfect choice.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I hope Lucario is playable, that would be best for him. Fighting types are lacking representation in Smash and Lucario would fill that void very well. He'll be my main without a doubt if he's in. We'll find out soon though, as others have said.

Top Bottom