• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Black/Light

Smash Master
(actually, I was replying to your "Why?" post, which concerned Blaze AND lucario.) . . . Thats kind of odd, seeing as said post didn't support Blaziken to the least bit and your post sounded as if you where refering to someone who was supporting her in that post. . .I was asking WHY he thinks Lucario "deserves" to be in more than any other pokemon. . . I have learned to look pass his odd Blaze-hate

Some points you ignored.
1) Unless they get one from a copy of Ruby, Saphire, or Emerald, noone can get Blaze on their D+P cartrige... Wereas almost EVERY OTHER pokemon can. (No starters, no legendary trios, and no event or game specific legendaries. Everything else is catchable) Actually, I did look at this point. I said "As in, ALL pokemon are in DP. Don't have to be a wild and/or trained pokemon int said game to be traded in". Thats also the reason they let you trade. . . ya know, to get all the pokemon (even the ones not seen in the game). Saying Blaziken isn't "in the game" is like saying. . . Electivire isn't in the game because you either need to trade for it or have the older game, get a Elekid with some item and trade it over.
2) Lucario was the first ORIGINAL 4th gen pokemon revealed, (he wasn't a preevo of existing pokemon, line Snorelax or Sudowodo). . .and this effects things how? Im sure there was a coo 2nd gen pokemon seen after Pichu. . .but that really doesn't take away from his step in the spot light. And plus, Munch is still (it it's core meaning) a new pokemon. . . he wasn't in RBE and is only fond in DP. He just happens to be a younger form of Snor.
3) and as for the "add them all up, they are still only a small percentage of the people who bought melee" argument... that's grasping at straws. Do you know what the phrase "representational cross-section" is? Smashboards is a large enough sample size that the margin of error is fairly reasonable. . . .Im not "grasping at straws" homs, it's just the numbers. I can't see how a site with fewer than 60,000 active members with a total of about 1,000 memebers who actually voted on the old pokemon voting thread (which Blaziken won I might add) repersent the millions of SSBM fans that may very well not have the slightest clue who Lucario is or the millions of reg people who don't know as much about pokemon as we do because they don't feel the need to research the newest gens (which would cause them to not know who he is). I can atleast say that 2/3 of the people who got RSE know Blaziken well I have in 2 personal events seen people not know what Lucario was (That pokey fanactic girl and a Sony fan-boy who looked at my Blaze+Lucario pic you have a problem with).
Like I said, Lucario is popular. . .On-Line. . .to those smash fans that voice their opinion about pokemon in SSBB that happen to know what he is. Needless to say that on-line fan-base, well it will have some part in what Sakurai sees as popular, will not be the only out-lit he uses to know what the massives like.
. . . Well, I didn't feel like making much of my own post so I bolded my reply.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Kaid, I really am glad to see that I'm not the only one freaking out about Lucario, looking at the 1th post. Did you see how he shoots Pulse Bomb in PBR? Really a Brawl move.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Me either, as I see it, his overall build, shape, size, attacks, style, it's that of a Super Smash Bros. character, pretty average height and weight, humanoid shape, cool, stylish attacks and style of excuting them.

This isn't just saying that I would just like to see him in Brawl, but don't expect it. I say one could almost come to expect it to be a Newcomer Pokémon in SSBB.

And the world does have to revolve around it for it to be popular enough, it is popular enough now, and has been for a while, to have a spot on SSBB's character select screen.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
::bump::

Excellent thread kaid. At first I wasn't even sure who Lucario was before this thread. But after seeing it, I did my research like a good boy and found that you're right, Lucario is a shoe-in for Brawl. Lucario FTW! Raise awareness of this embodiment of PWNAGE!

Chepe

Smash Lord
Awesome thread, finally a topic that really lists all the things that point to Lucario's popularity and probability in Brawl. See, Lucario is Gamefreak's spoiled brat right now, they hype and flash him everywhere Pokemon whenever the chance arises...

Thing most people dont take into consideration, is if Sakurai is going to add new Pokemon characters, one would think that he would go to Gamefreak and ask them for some suggestions. If anyone thinks Lucario wont come up... He might even be Gamefreak's first suggestion seeing as they really push him into the spotlight....

Fawriel

Smash Master
Spoiled child or no, this thread really convinced me that he's worthy.
I was originally against Lucario because it just didn't seem interesting enough, but, yeah. I accept it now.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Just got Pearl, Lucario rocks don't care watcha say about Pokemon the games are still good

It says your video was removed, whats up with that?

Why do you say he doesn't get wavedash... isn't he all about waves...are you hating on the wavedash?

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Very nicely done moveset! I love the Down+B in theory. Interesting move, one of the better pieces of creativity I've seen for a moveset in a while, methinks. I'm all in favor of Lucario right after Jolteon. Because I really want an awesome thing with four legs. XD
But yeah, I'd TOTALLY play Lucario as portrayed on the first post. You rock! ^_^

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
I voted for the Pluse/Minun duo in the other thread, but I gotta say, this has got me thinking for Lucario. D8 I'm so confused on who I want to be in Brawl.

Wrath`

Smash Master
You have all heard me say lucario nazi.

here is the definition

Lucario nazi: A preson who loves lucario and wants him in brawl,but thinks all other pokemon are crap and thinks they have no chance.Ussaly lucario nazi hate blaziken the most.

If you are not the definition above you are ok.

i do like lucario,but he is OVERATED

kaid

Smash Master
*comes back from the abyss*

I see I called this one well. Many thanks to those who like my moveset... now I need to go back and fix all the move names to their english versions.

kaid

Smash Master
...cause he's too sexy for his shorts... his shorts... too sexy for his shorts...

>.>

Anyway, I've updated the attack names, and changed Luster Cannon for Feint, but I still need to redo the little lucario icons, and re-link to the Lucario clip.

Wrath`

Smash Master
before ya go

Infernape>lucario.

also go to martels site on my sig,shade rvd nin dude and others are there

kaid

Smash Master
I have multiple reports of people "owning" the last two gyms "With lucario alone."

He is powerful enough, and Gamefreak loves him.

Fawriel

Smash Master
... alright, here's the plan. We infiltrate the Nintendo headquarters, take hostages and demand that Mewtwo gets an alternate costume with shorts. And one with baggy pants. Definitely baggy pants. And a Linkin Park t-shirt while we're at it.
Who's with me!

Wrath`

Smash Master
i was not refering to gamefreaks love for lu,nut i could take on the 7th and 8th gym with infernapr alone,in wich i did.

I have gaind inteligence since your abcence

Wrath`

Smash Master
your just avoiding the inevidible.
you know lucario is overated,so all you can say is that.

wow.

lucario is cool,but he is not what he is cut out to be

titus

Smash Journeyman
this thread is related to lucario's brawl status and was made by lucario fans for lucario fans so ssshhhh. and its not really fair to compare lucaroi to a pokemon who's two types are super effective against lucario now is it?

Wrath`

Smash Master
this thread is related to lucario's brawl status and was made by lucario fans for lucario fans so ssshhhh. and its not really fair to compare lucaroi to a pokemon who's two types are super effective against lucario now is it?
it is fair,you cab say ground>infernape.i dont care.

lucario is not invincible

Wrath`

Smash Master
im still piullin for blaze over lucario,
i have to go,but it was cool having antoher good argument like we did in the begining of my time

LUCARIO STILL SUCKS

Top Bottom