• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
You've got me at the TU meeting tomorrow, too. Can't wait.

Speaking of which, do I need to bring anything?
Me neither!

Bring whatever you want. For the most part, we need a setup.

Tvc is waaaaay different than brawl.
Your point?

Guys, I'm almost done finalizing Death Valley 2. I just gotta wait until the sponsor responds to my email on when we'll meet so he can sign the paperwork. I don't want to make it official until everything is finished. Just bare with me.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
As of right now, the only way I can go to FFF is if I sell most of my 360 games, I've got no money otherwise. If anyone knows someone that needs employees plz send me a text or a PM, cuz I can't go anywhere until I get a job unless someone bring me.

I think I've got Hyber bombed enough for an entire career.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess I'll take my van up. I already promised 3 seats to Austin, Avery, and some other kid. I'm sure we could still fit in another 3.

Awstin

Smash Rookie
Yay, Batto.

(Sorry Jio, we just never got in touch, and I had to finalize a ride today if I was going to be allowed to go. Sorry :\)

Curlz

Smash Lord
So who all is staying at my house? Is it still only JNig and Arcadia? Because I'm also housing a couple Laffy players at my house. But OoT players have top priority because they in more need of a place to stay.

Please help sort this out for me. :-/
I need to tell me parents exactly how many people are staying over.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Your point?
just a point

Guys, I'm almost done finalizing Death Valley 2. I just gotta wait until the sponsor responds to my email on when we'll meet so he can sign the paperwork. I don't want to make it official until everything is finished. Just bare with me.
how do we get in again? i wasnt able to make it last time, so i dont remember. i hope i get to go.

also, nice avatar lee martin, lol

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Yay, Batto.

(Sorry Jio, we just never got in touch, and I had to finalize a ride today if I was going to be allowed to go. Sorry :\)
all good I think it'd be better if batto drove us all since my gf was making ridiculous requests like her car is on empty and she wants me to clean it (not so bad), and gas it up before I go (~$45) and wants it on full when I get back. So batto if you have space for me hit me up. Arcadia do you have my lil tv? Sa10 did u give my power cord to arcadia?

Pritch

Smash Lord
Looks like I'm not gonna be able to make FFF. Last minute rehearsal got called for one of the groups I'm in yesterday for 3:00 on friday, which is about when I'd have to leave to get there on time. Have fun everyone who's making it (and don't let BR completely sweep melee again).

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Looks like I'm not gonna be able to make FFF. Last minute rehearsal got called for one of the groups I'm in yesterday for 3:00 on friday, which is about when I'd have to leave to get there on time. Have fun everyone who's making it (and don't let BR completely sweep melee again).
OH yeah. bc BR always sweeps me. -_-

'V'

Smash Lord
Justin, I texted both him and Kyle about tonight, so hopefully they'll be able to make plans. If not, then it's just gonna be me.

'V'

Smash Lord
Oh you must be talking about FFF, I'm talking about something different tonight. Pretty sure Nick isn't going to FFF. Depends I guess. lol

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Alright, so I'm driving the 3 kids from the West Bank (Austin, Avery, and some other dude), Hyro, and Jio?

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Oh you must be talking about FFF, I'm talking about something different tonight. Pretty sure Nick isn't going to FFF. Depends I guess. lol
aw. wish i could go to tiger uppercut.

i also think we dont have enough spam in here anymore to warrant having two La threads.. its also tedious to check 2 threads.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Lol. We move a really old thread, really huge thread, **** up some post counts, and here we are, back to talkin about whatever we want except not as much bull****. Louisiana's the best state.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Yo what time are you guys(everyone) coming tomorrow? I can KO my HW and be there around 4 to get in some friendlies before the Brawl tournament starts.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Double post for rage. WHAT THE FUUUUCCCKK!?! Melee starts at 5 and Brawl at 7? Curlz, do you realize that New Orleans people couldn't possibly make this on time if we wanted to? Most of us have school until 3 and it takes us about 2 hours and like 30 mins to even drive to Lafayette.

Awstin

Smash Rookie
Re-posted for truth: Curlz, you're crazy if you expect N.O. to get there at 5 to participate in melee.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Okay I finish school at 2:30 because I don't have a 7th period. But I don't have a car. So I have to wait until 3:18 for the bus to take home. Then I wait an hour and get home at like 4:18.

Kinda late since we have to go to Lafayette. Everett, you should pick me up at 2:30 so we can come here and play brawl until Greg can pick us up. Cool??

Curlz

Smash Lord
It was the latest I could make the tournament without interfering with Brawl as much.. If you text me letting me know you're coming and on your way, then I could put yall on the bracket and just skip over your matches. Just let me know. Batto has my number.

I will be at PNT around 4 tomorrow as well for people looking for friendlies.

***IMPORTANT***

I NEED TO KNOW WHO I'M HOUSING TO CLEAR IT WITH MY PARENTS

Pritch

Smash Lord
Yeah, but the thing is NO has a 2 hour drive to get there, which basically means that the HS people have to leave straight from school to hit the highway, which may or may not be practical/possible, and people like me who have commitments at or after 3:00 straight-up can't go. It's just not a realistic timeframe.

Like, having both smash events on the same day, and starting late in the day to boot, when smash is well-known to take up WAAAAAY more time than basically any other fighter is really, REALLY poor planning.

Curlz

Smash Lord
We can always just cancel Melee.

I was originally going to start melee at 4pm, but I moved it back at a slight attempt to make it more convenient for OoT players, but remember this event isn't only for you. As poor planning it may be, its the latest I could put Melee into the schedule while still having Brawl take place that night. I'm sorry its inconvenient for you, but remember that you aren't forced to come.

Melee March Madness is coming up, if you can't make it here, go compete over there. Or run your own tournament.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I mean, I'm not coming. I can't. Unless my rehearsal gets cancelled there's no realistic way of me making it. I'm just making a general statement about how having the tournament start 2 hours after most people get out of school or whatever when there's a 2-2.5 hour drive to get to the tournament site is, well, impractical.

And moving it from 4:00 to 5:00 just changes it from completely outside the realm of possibility to **** near impossible. Nice gesture I guess, but no real change in any practical sense.

Top Bottom