• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Vaughn. The ITG Machine was sent in for repairs again and I don't know if its going to be back at the arcade in time for this weekend.

'V'

Smash Lord
Ugh... Never mind then. Not going.

=[

Edit because all of our ITG machines keep breaking... Maybe this is sign saying that I should finally retire...

ChKn

Smash Ace
If anyone going has a TvC save with all of the unlockable chars that's going to FFF this weekend, let me know. I don't want to go through Arcade Mode another 10 times to get the rest of the cast.

Hyro

Smash Lord
You should move brawl+ to the first day of FFF with the rest of smash. Or else I'd have to stay all 3 days since it's separated :(

'V'

Smash Lord
That's almost 80...

Anyway, hopefully we'll get ours fixed soon so that I'll have things other than Pop'n and fighting games to play with other people.

BR's a boring place...

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
You should move brawl+ to the first day of FFF with the rest of smash. Or else I'd have to stay all 3 days since it's separated :(
I VERY much agree with this. I can't make it back to laffy sunday. and out of town people wont go twice.
and it doesnt make sense....

Awstin

Smash Rookie
Ugh... Never mind then. Not going.

=[

Edit because all of our ITG machines keep breaking... Maybe this is sign saying that I should finally retire...
ITG=At boomtown. They aren't the GREATEST, but they aren't bad.

EDIT: Also, Jio, are you still bringing me to FFF? Since it's getting kinda close, I figure we could start organizing how this is goin' down.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
LOL batto. well i agree with you <3 i miss you
You know what they say; beautiful people think alike. <3 I miss you too, but we get to hang this weekend. Which reminds me... How am I getting there and with whom am I staying? You driving Ev?

Hyro

Smash Lord
You know what they say; beautiful people think alike. <3 I miss you too, but we get to hang this weekend. Which reminds me... How am I getting there and with whom am I staying? You driving Ev?
I'm going with whoever your going with.

Stupid unnecessary LSU orientation for me on the 28th so I'm looking for a ride back to NOLA after smash on the 26th.

I know Baka from NOLA wants to go too. Maybe he'll ride up with us/ride us.

Curlz

Smash Lord
*just waking up to Oath's text*

Because of school I can't have Brawl+ on Friday because I will either have to start it around 1-2pm or at midnight. Friday is already packed for time so that wont happen.
If I move Melee and Brawl to Sunday then it would definitely cut attendance for both events. Not even I would be able to enter because I can't stay out until midnight on a sunday because of school the next day. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be only high schooler there so there's no way I could book them together.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
*just waking up to Oath's text*

Because of school I can't have Brawl+ on Friday because I will either have to start it around 1-2pm or at midnight. Friday is already packed for time so that wont happen.
If I move Melee and Brawl to Sunday then it would definitely cut attendance for both events. Not even I would be able to enter because I can't stay out until midnight on a sunday because of school the next day. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be only high schooler there so there's no way I could book them together.
I think you could run it if extra people WORKED to get setups.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Friday is already going to be packed because I expect a good turnout for both events. There wont be enough time to run a 3rd event. Besides, Fliers have been printed and passed out all over lafayette with a schedule on it. Its too late to change it.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Is anyone planning anything for mid-April tournament wise? I think most schools should have a break two weeks after Easter, so I might get a tournament/smash-fest up then.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Then I'll just aim for late April just in case.

Also:

I would like to start a mini-project on the usage of each character in the state just for kicks. I'll start this weekend with FFF and try to collect enough data over the next few months and post the results. I was thinking about doing individual rankings per area, but we have PR for that(even though Curlz is majority decider for Laffy PR...jk).

EDIT:

I've decided that I'll hold off on the per area part of my project for a bit.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yo, ive seen some of you kids talk a pretty big tvc game, and ive been looking for kids to play. and while its better than brawl fighting kids online all day errr day isnt the best thing I wanna do. So if any of yall got wifi and want to try me, let me know

for a frame of reference, I have a current online ranking score of 3k.

EDIT: people playing ryu and/or zero need not apply, those 2 are wayy too easy to play and its not really worth it when 2/3rds of the people online play one of them anyway.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
ITG=At boomtown. They aren't the GREATEST, but they aren't bad.

EDIT: Also, Jio, are you still bringing me to FFF? Since it's getting kinda close, I figure we could start organizing how this is goin' down.
I'm off on Friday so that's part one, just gotta sling this big pickle the right way so that my woman will actually let me drive her car to the flats. PM me ur number and I'll hit u up tomorrow.

Unexpected Dibbzness tonight at like 6. Full TvC fun. Come if you can xP
lawl, how late did u plan on staying assuming you read this post...

did you just replace business with dibbz to make it like a Dibbzness? LOL
Lee I miss u, move back to New Orleans

Awstin

Smash Rookie
Currently waiting on arcade stick in the mail. Then I will play NOTHING but TvC.

(and melee)

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
did you just replace business with dibbz to make it like a Dibbzness? LOL
It's how real gangsta's make Dibbz business worthy.

@da- Umm, not much of a wifi fiend for TvC, but I might play you if I can get a better connection.

@Jio-**** it Jio, If only I had read it dude. We stayed till about 12 or so, and it was pretty fun. Was just Stone, and me for awhile, and then Arcadia showed up, and a friend of Stone's. Was pretty epic. Made me want to go out and get an actual TvC stick instead of using a GC controller. Couldn't actually do some **** with a stick lol.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
@Jio-**** it Jio, If only I had read it dude. We stayed till about 12 or so, and it was pretty fun. Was just Stone, and me for awhile, and then Arcadia showed up, and a friend of Stone's. Was pretty epic. Made me want to go out and get an actual TvC stick instead of using a GC controller. Couldn't actually do some **** with a stick lol.
Oh did he? I see someone havng to play with the best in order to get better than their younger brother...

Jk, good to see people in NO playing some TvC. That way I don't have to play my bro every weekend I come home.

Speaking of which, bro, are you gonna go to FFF or not? Call/text/aim/skype me whenever you get the chance.

kenmastersX

Smash Rookie
It's how real gangsta's make Dibbz business worthy.

@da- Umm, not much of a wifi fiend for TvC, but I might play you if I can get a better connection.

lmao, don't forget about the store deal this weekend for that stick dude. :) ggs and all that stuff.

Arcadia just needs to make me more scared to press buttons and not get hyper bombed to death. :o

Top Bottom