• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744

ChKn

Smash Ace
Robot Unicorn Attack is awesome.

After today, I think Curlz and I agreed on a tentative schedule for the next few months:

March 26th - Spring Smash
April - LOST 3(Local Only)
May - might be some downtime with graduation, so I was thinking about hosting a pokemon tournament(both 1v1, and doubles). It might be maybe early-mid May. I would like more than 8 people and much more setups. If all else fails, I'll keep the rare candy hack on my AR and make others lvl up.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Thanks to everyone that came out this weekend. It was too fun. I'm sorry about the lack of preparation for everything, but I think everything still went rather well. I hope to see you all again in the near future. :]

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Thanks to everyone that came out this weekend. It was too fun. I'm sorry about the lack of preparation for everything, but I think everything still went rather well. I hope to see you all again in the near future. :]
If I get people to come to the next tournament I'm stealing your pay for them, loljk

but yea, aside from Puzzle, BB, and Tekken getting canceled FFF was a great.

lolololololozzzzz

Smash Rookie
Ugh, don't have a signature or fancy avatar ready or in hand (a major reason for the procrastination of posting here, which in itself I was procrastinating doing that) but whatever here we go:

Hello Internet!

I'm "That Black Guy with the cool shirts and sexy afro" that you may or may not have seen at a couple of random tournaments over the last 1.5 years or so (seriously, I've procrastinated posting for that long -- it's pathetic):

It's sad that this is the most recent picture I have of everyone in a tournament environment. :(

I'm also the guy who posted this amazingly funny video that, according to RickyB, confirms my tourney***-ness from the same day that group photo above was taken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHh0CcjrKt4

Now about the Brawl+ tourney, I had a blast! Can't wait to have more. I'm impressed with the turnout (anything higher than 5 had me excited) and can't wait to see it's exposure blossom over the next year or so. :D

(Hopefully I'll stay active on this Louisiana thread and everyone will love me)

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, don't have a signature or fancy avatar ready or in hand (a major reason for the procrastination of posting here, which in itself I was procrastinating doing that) but whatever here we go:

[stuff]

there's the sexy mychal. play melee with us tomorrow!

r0ni

Smash Cadet

Hello Internet!

I'm "That Black Guy with the cool shirts and sexy afro" that you may or may not have seen at a couple of random tournaments over the last 1.5 years or so (seriously, I've procrastinated posting for that long -- it's pathetic):

It's sad that this is the most recent picture I have of everyone in a tournament environment. :(

I'm also the guy who posted this amazingly funny video that, according to RickyB, confirms my tourney***-ness from the same day that group photo above was taken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHh0CcjrKt4

Now about the Brawl+ tourney, I had a blast! Can't wait to have more. I'm impressed with the turnout (anything higher than 5 had me excited) and can't wait to see it's exposure blossom over the next year or so. :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at lees graig webre shirt

Blaino

Smash Cadet
GGs to everyone on sunday, pokemon too fun!

@Chkn, you got me scared man, our last match was too close lol. Bummer you had to leave early, woulda been fun to play you in the grand finals.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Hopefully the HGSS release tournament will run more smoothly. I wasn't really ready to run anything else other than the Smash tournaments. Blahblahjohnsjohns.

Thanks again for everyone coming out.

ChKn

Smash Ace
lol blaino, you should come down for the HGSS release tournament. I now see how stall teams are so annoying. I kinda want to get out of my bad habits for brawl before practicing again, so I'll make another team.

Like I've mentioned in the FFF thread, I'll get some rare candy hacks so whoever needs to beef up to 100 to do so. We could use 2-3 TV setups, but I'm gonna make sure I do mine on the DS. With my luck, I'll have to leave again.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Doesn't it level out properly though in terms of Stats? If not, then we'll have to use the TVs and PBR unless we can get a hold of the USB WiFi connector.

Blaino

Smash Cadet
pokemon stats are set when you receive them based on their ivs. If you lvl them from 1-100 through candies then yea they will not receive the 510 EV stats they get from battling specific pokemon. So if you ev train them 1st, you can candy them all u want.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
I meant to say "less Stats" not less EXP. My bad. At least I know in RBY and SG it gave less stats than a normal level up.
I think it gives the exact same states as a level up but just doesn't apply EV's

Blaino said:
pokemon stats are set when you receive them based on their ivs. If you lvl them from 1-100 through candies then yea they will not receive the 510 EV stats they get from battling specific pokemon. So if you ev train them 1st, you can candy them all u want.
Thats how I understand it

ChKn

Smash Ace
Oath, bring your dazzle(w/e it's called) on Sunday so I can get some matches recorded and critiqued.

Hyro

Smash Lord
That was a ****** carpool. We should carpool again this weekend and like not even go anywhere, just carpool.

oooooh **** nvm hobo 23 whos going

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
lol, the brawl power ranking is going to look like melee's power rankings soon. going to start having too many good people with a select few on top.

i'd like to start up the melee power rankings discussion again and is the brawl power ranking going to be touched again? or is it for lawlz?

'V'

Smash Lord
Top Bottom