• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Not that I think game piracy is right, but seeing as someone offered me the WAD for Megaman10 and I have no ability to buy it due to my system menu I fugured I would try it out.

That said... I Cant figure this crap out... Im pretty sure my wii has become self aware just hates me because its not just WADs, I cant even get Brawl+ to work on my wii without borrowing someone elses SD card because I always get nothing but errors.

Seems the only thing I can get to work is textures D:

Turazrok

Smash Master
Except Pit is annoying and spammy and no one cares about his textures (jk). I don't like pit.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I used to think he wasn't that bad. Then I learned his side B reflects. And it is a ***** to sdi out of. Or I'm doing it wrong.

lolololololozzzzz

Smash Rookie
"But it's a fun game, not a competitive game." **** em, keep drinkin y'all Hateraide.
I drink from that myself. Nothing's wrong with Brawl as long as you put it in the same category as Mario Party (i.e. "non-competitive"), but the play speed and dumb-downed mechanics make it unbearable for me to play.

(Those who are in the know know I'm a huge Brawl+ fanatic, and enjoy Melee as well)

Mychal and I are staying all weekend at Matsuri with one of his friends. We want hopefully 6 people to stay with us to help split for gas and room. I did the math for it and it comes out to $88.34 (not including spending money / tournament fees) per person.

$210 room + $50 gas / 6 people = $43.34 per person + $45 weekend pass = $88.34 per person

If anyone wants to stay with us at Matsuri for the weekend just let me know.

Mychal will be driving my car to the convention since it gets the best mileage. OoT people can just drive to my house and leave their car in my driveway for the weekend and we could just carpool to the con unless you want to actually drive yourself. It'll be ~$50 for gas round trip in my car so we're just going to split that.
Woah Woah! I told everyone I wasn't sure if I'll be able to get Easter Sunday off in order to attend! I'll have an answer for whether or not I can still go by the end of this weekend.

The $50 estimate for gas is also just that -- an estimate. I'll have a more accurate figure of the actual cost once I get my lazy *** on Google Maps or something.

Once I post that I'm officially able to attend, then go prostitute spots to attend Matsuri/WHOBO with us/you. Until then, don't get everyone's hopes up. :(

'V'

Smash Lord
EET probably changed his password. I'll ask him about it tomorrow.

People should go to Chinese Inn this Saturday. It's gonna be fun, and I mean it in the "Brawl is for fun, not competition" fun too. TvC will be there as well. Most likely other games also because my Wii will be there.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Mychal, When we carpooled with Ken to Hobo it only cost us $60 for gas. I'm sure my car gets way better gas mileage than his van to the same place so it would be around $50 or so. Maybe $55....
About you getting off for Easter Sunday; find out asap. xD

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It says so on the title. I'd ask Jnig to be sure though. Besides, no one else has a beard T_T.
Cyphus! Don't forget Cyphus!

I'm going to see if I can get a lagless tv like you guys all have. I'm tired of bringing half-setups. Where did you guys say you got them? And how big are they? About 19/20"?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
It says so on the title. I'd ask Jnig to be sure though. Besides, no one else has a beard T_T.
I have a goatee, that's a type of beard

I used to think he wasn't that bad. Then I learned his side B reflects. And it is a ***** to sdi out of. Or I'm doing it wrong.
yah u are

I drink from that myself. Nothing's wrong with Brawl as long as you put it in the same category as Mario Party (i.e. "non-competitive"), but the play speed and dumb-downed mechanics make it unbearable for me to play.
Mario Party not being competitive is laughable. Any game with a clear and determinable winner can be deemed competitive.

Mychal, When we carpooled with Ken to Hobo it only cost us $60 for gas. I'm sure my car gets way better gas mileage than his van to the same place so it would be around $50 or so. Maybe $55....
wtf you have a car??? Lemme borrow it to mac on hoes.

Dibbz anytime this weekend, especially NO ppl? I want some hardcore practice.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice

(Those who are in the know know I'm a huge Brawl+ fanatic, and enjoy Melee as well)

Woah Woah! I told everyone I wasn't sure if I'll be able to get Easter Sunday off in order to attend! I'll have an answer for whether or not I can still go by the end of this weekend.

The $50 estimate for gas is also just that -- an estimate. I'll have a more accurate figure of the actual cost once I get my lazy *** on Google Maps or something.

Once I post that I'm officially able to attend, then go prostitute spots to attend Matsuri/WHOBO with us/you. Until then, don't get everyone's hopes up. :(
Who in the fhuck are you?

***** i got one of the best falco's in the south! self proclaimed :]

But seriously, who in the hell are you? you play melee? we cool. Im better than you though

Curlz

Smash Lord
Freddy, that's Mychal from Lafayette. He's the black guy with the afro and cool shirts. xD
He posted a picture in his first post....he's THAT guy.

Jio, you can only borrow it if you bring some ***** back for me.

lolololololozzzzz

Smash Rookie
Mario Party not being competitive is laughable. Any game with a clear and determinable winner can be deemed competitive.
I'm sorry, I forgot this was the internet and everything mentioned has to be super-specific and labeled exactly as needed for those who over-analyze and can't take implications at common-sense levels. It's obvious I wasn't arguing (Not a fan of internet arguments as we all know where those go ... ) the status of the label of brawl as competitive, but rather the mechanics (stumbling, animation lag everywhere, animation-disrupting auto-ledge grabbing from when approaching with a recovery from below, etc.) make it very unsuited for tournament play.

Also, it's only my opinion. Don't let it threaten your status as a competitive Brawler. After all, I'm just trying to let everyone get to know me on the Louisiana Tourney Scene. :)

Who in the fhuck are you?

***** i got one of the best falco's in the south! self proclaimed :]

But seriously, who in the hell are you? you play melee? we cool. Im better than you though
Woah, this must be one of those tourneyfàgs RickyB warned me about! He explained to me that they always admit that they're better than everyone else despite either losing to/just meeting them. :)

I introduced myself a couple of pages back. I play Melee, main Fox (I know, I get points for being original), and am alright. I'm nothing spectacular (can't waveshine or even drillshine consistently) but I enjoy it. I probably enjoy Brawl+ the most though. Main Toon Link and Capt. Falcon there.

My tags are really awesome random things, but usually it's either:

Melee: A$$$ or CA$H or FÚCK or FAP or LOLZ
Brawl/Brawl+: PÈNIS or GAAAY or LOLZ

Were you at the February Fight 'Fest? I was the black guy with the afro there. :)

I'm working on it!

BTW, I just ordered a custom Wii shell and X360 shell. I should be receiving it in a week or so.

It was a spontaneous thing after looking online for Gamecube controller mods. It's really expensive! Like, as much as those cases! :(

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, I forgot this was the internet and everything mentioned has to be super-specific and labeled exactly as needed for those who over-analyze and can't take implications at common-sense levels. It's obvious I wasn't arguing (Not a fan of internet arguments as we all know where those go ... ) the status of the label of brawl as competitive, but rather the mechanics (stumbling, animation lag everywhere, animation-disrupting auto-ledge grabbing from when approaching with a recovery from below, etc.) make it very unsuited for tournament play.

Also, it's only my opinion. Don't let it threaten your status as a competitive Brawler. After all, I'm just trying to let everyone get to know me on the Louisiana Tourney Scene. :)

Woah, this must be one of those tourneyfàgs RickyB warned me about! He explained to me that they always admit that they're better than everyone else despite either losing to/just meeting them. :)

I introduced myself a couple of pages back. I play Melee, main Fox (I know, I get points for being original), and am alright. I'm nothing spectacular (can't waveshine or even drillshine consistently) but I enjoy it. I probably enjoy Brawl+ the most though. Main Toon Link and Capt. Falcon there.

My tags are really awesome random things, but usually it's either:

Melee: A$$$ or CA$H or FÚCK or FAP or LOLZ
Brawl/Brawl+: PÈNIS or GAAAY or LOLZ

Were you at the February Fight 'Fest? I was the black guy with the afro there. :)

I'm working on it!

BTW, I just ordered a custom Wii shell and X360 shell. I should be receiving it in a week or so.

It was a spontaneous thing after looking online for Gamecube controller mods. It's really expensive! Like, as much as those cases! :(
Nah, im really just awesome with space animals. Cool, welcome to the scene. get better.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
if anyone edits the frist post, i would dig being added for both melee and brawl-game playing.

the yellow 'not caring' option is kind of in poor spirit. i dont know if i think thats good for us.

'V'

Smash Lord
The yellow's cool. It's supposed to be for the people who don't care enough about the game itself, but still care enough about some of the people who still play it. That's how I look at it anyway.

'V'

Smash Lord
Kyle and I will be there tonight. I need to let him know it starts at 5 though. I had no idea at all... I'll be bringing my TV and Wii again.

Whoops lol =P

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm going to see if I can get a lagless tv like you guys all have. I'm tired of bringing half-setups. Where did you guys say you got them? And how big are they? About 19/20"?
10 chars

Battousai780

Smash Ace
On the front page where it says what characters we used for FFF, it says I used MK. I used Marth the entire way.

r0ni

Smash Cadet
On the front page where it says what characters we used for FFF, it says I used MK. I used Marth the entire way.
marth told me he hated you, and actually wished you didnt main him. he atually requested to be dismissed from the cast because he found out your maining him.

....baptist <3

r0ni

Smash Cadet
double post because im roni,

i used falco in that tourny as well, represent =D

Hyro

Smash Lord
Holy **** I just got confirmed for whobo!!

My parents were talking about their vacation for TEN DAYS and they said they're leaving for easter break, either on April 1st or April 5th. Whobo is april 2-4th. Then they're like "well we need to be back before the 15th so we have to go on the first."

FUUUUCK YESSS

Who am I riding with??!

Oh and since we got a couple days after that, I'ma have another tourney/party/poker thing so hyyype

what day should I have that btw?? Ricky roni cyphus are coming right ok cool

EDIT: Ok they said IF they decide to go. But if it's a yes the dates are perfect...just hope they do lol

Curlz

Smash Lord
Am I invited to this one Hyro? :p

So I was punished for the past couple of days (I've been checking SWF on my DSi) and I found my old Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue.
Ooooooooooh! Its so good. xD

Turazrok

Smash Master
Am I invited to this one Hyro? :p

So I was punished for the past couple of days (I've been checking SWF on my DSi) and I found my old Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue.
Ooooooooooh! Its so good. xD
I recently beat the Explorers of darkness postgame. It was hard, because I picked pikachu. Pikachu=easy early game, semi hard late.

Hyro

Smash Lord
haha everyone is and no sudai LOL no point really, moving out soon enough

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
im on my wee lol my computah cant steal neighbors net & roommates computah fried sad face im awesome im better than u evry1 u think likes u told me they hated u i lost the game wo0O the baptist king booo000Oooring

'V'

Smash Lord
GG's tonight at Tiger Uppercut. I think my TvC improvement is starting to show, but we'll see where it ends up taking me.

Edit: Cyphus ***** us from his Wii...

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
hmm, lol. i won't be able to make the next few tournaments. work + taekwondo tournaments will be keeping me busy every weekend for, i think, this entire month. o.o

which reminds me:
March 19th, i might need housing near new orleans / metarie (is that how you spell it?). I'll be willing to play melee/brawl with you in exchange. I just don't enjoy the idea of leaving my house at 5am on the 20th to spar for a few hours.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
im on my wee lol my computah cant steal neighbors net & roommates computah fried sad face im awesome im better than u evry1 u think likes u told me they hated u i lost the game wo0O the baptist king booo000Oooring
This post just ***** my soul

Top Bottom