• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Is anyone going to answer about the tv? Either way, when is MMM? Is it the weekend of the 20th or the 27th?

nuke288

Smash Rookie
Hey. Just an idea for right now, but who would be willing to come to a tourney in Ruston, Louisiana if one was held? Of course there would be a prize for the top few, but I have no details yet so I can't say how much to expect.

Sudai

Stuff here
How far away is Ruston from Laffy? Depending on how far it is, I might go.
2.5-3.5 hours depending on how fast you drive. I wouldn't recommend speeding on the way though. I've gotten 5 tickets on that route in the past two years and I hardly speed, so prolly closer to 3.5 but not quite 3.5.

nuke288

Smash Rookie
Well I guess the next step would be proper sponsorship. We actually had a pretty big tournament in Ruston once. It was before you were at Tech I think Sudai. And we had a few people come as far as Texas. One texan being a former pro or was still one.

You may not know me Sudai, but I go to Louisiana Tech also and have heard about you from friends of mine that played against you before, so if you have any input on hosting a tourney feel to message me, so I can get in touch with you on some ideas.

I personally would like to draw some good people into the tournament, but the last successful tournament had sponsorship.

Sudai

Stuff here
You're talking about Melee1 and a few others I'm pretty sure. Melee1 played ICs. That was the same day as LAST, a big tourney in Baton Rouge.

You should message me on AIM if you really want to talk. I'll tell you right now though, I'm an extremely lazy bstard, so while I'd be willing to give advise, I'm probably not gonna help secure a venue/advertise. lol

Honestly though, it's prolly better that you don't have a sponsor. I'm contemplating entering this tourney at all. I'd probably go and play friendlies and stuff, but it'd probably be better for fostering the community there if no pros entered, retired or not. I say all that, but I'll prolly enter anyway. I do love me some moola. :]

nuke288

Smash Rookie
Will see. I'm not that awesome at the game right now, but personally I have played since Super Smash Bros. 64. And from what I've seen the best turn out involves money and advertising. But we could try to rally the community with a tourney or two first. I just haven't been impressed with the last few tourneys held at Tech. I mean I understand that alot of them are doing it just for fun and to play against their friends in a tourney. But I just like to fight some new faces every once in a while even if that person beats me.

Sudai

Stuff here
When I say "foster the community," I mostly mean look for players with potential. New faces are cool and all, but getting better is where it's at. When you get good enough that the 5 hour drive to Dallas is worth it, you meet a lot of new faces, faces that are likely to come to your tournies if you have enough hype. Don't even need sponsors.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
so i played tatsunoku vs capcom.
its like melee is to brawl....mvc2 is to tvc, lol
its def simple fun if you're familiar w/ SF engine. I wish i owned it. Only got to play for a couple hours. but i main Jun the Swan and not sure on my partner, unless i just go Gold Ligthan (i suppose my 2nd best for now). if i could own/keep the game, i'd be delighted because i dont have the time/motivation to train at a new competitive videogame, but this one seems simple enough that i could figure out in a week. someone buy me it =D

'V'

Smash Lord
Cyphus, take a look at it this way.

This can be a competitive fighter that even Vaughn can get into.

So yeah, you should totally play it. =D

Sudai

Stuff here
I'd be going because a friend of mine at LATech is on a team in their Halo 3 pro circuit. Would get a free ride and just pay for housing. So yeah, going for the atmosphere. :p

ChKn

Smash Ace
I think I have an idea on how to get much more tournaments in Lafayette. Hopefully, I can get the idea mapped out Sunday with Curlz.

I got 5th place in a 35-person tourney with a 2-day old Marth that was already showing better results than my Zelda, while eliminating 2 guys on our PR that I haven't even played with in months.
If only I could do that..............................................:(

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
I'd be going because a friend of mine at LATech is on a team in their Halo 3 pro circuit. Would get a free ride and just pay for housing. So yeah, going for the atmosphere. :p
and entering brawl to get **** hype own hys nayme

Curlz

Smash Lord
***IMPORTANT POST***

GIFT CARDS
I'm sorry for the delay in the mailing of the gift cards some of you won from TripleF. They will be mailed tomorrow around 3 or so. So expect them later in the week. We aren't going to be doing gift Cards unless its a set price to give you as soon as you win. We will just stick to Cash from outside of the store from now on.

MELEE
I apologize to all the melee players for how the tournament went down at TripleF. I want to make it up to you now. I will be running a Melee Tournament at Play N Trade on April 10th. Prizes will be in cash given to you as soon as you win the tournament.
Another tiny bonus: If we get at least 16 people to enter I will put in $15 of my own pocket change to first prize. I know its not much, but its still a small bonus. I will post all of the info in its own thread later this weekend.

LOST 3!
Since we will be having Spring Smash this month in Lafayette, I decided to not have a LOST tournament this month. Instead it will be on April 24th at Play N Trade. Prizes will be in cash for this as well given out side of the store. With the turnout we had for TripleF, I'm hoping we could have something around that number. 25-35 people? More info will be posted in its own thread later this week.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Hey guys, has anyone got my PSP, I think I lost it at FFF... well considering that my bag was sitting in the back I think its more likely to have been "picked up" by someone who saw my bag lying around...

I dont wanna buy another one , let alone the copy of monster hunter and memory card that was in it D:

Turazrok

Smash Master
Hey guys, has anyone got my PSP, I think I lost it at FFF... well considering that my bag was sitting in the back I think its more likely to have been "picked up" by someone who saw my bag lying around...

I dont wanna buy another one , let alone the copy of monster hunter and memory card that was in it D:
I'll check my bag. Someone might have thought it was mine.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
looks like I might be buying a new PSP and Monster Hunter D:

and here I was hoping MHFU could hold me over till MH3 comes out, and I had just beaten the tigrex and kirin D: I even had my devil slicer.

Turazrok

Smash Master
looks like I might be buying a new PSP and Monster Hunter D:

and here I was hoping MHFU could hold me over till MH3 comes out, and I had just beaten the tigrex and kirin D: I even had my devil slicer.
Oh lol. I hacked to HR 6 with the power of BSL. And the rest I did on my own. Purple daimyo is mad stupid. Hypnoc is pretty easy though.

Top Bottom