• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, I'd play Melee if me and Lee aren't doing our ******** ROB vs MK friendlies constantly. I might even enter the Melee side tourney if it were like, two bucks. Also, I dunno if I'll be able to stay up as late as you this time, Taytay, I've been getting like..5 hours of sleep a night so I'm constantly ready to crash. I imagine I should be able to make it though, just making johns in advanced.

As for Lowtier vs Teams, I would prefer brawl teams, but if we do low tier, it should probably be the bottom half of the cast (odd man in or out, idc) unless we can find a definitive cut off between "good" and "bad" but like, the middle is so mushed in brawl I doubt we could. Either way, I know who I'd be using.

Vegta, do you think you could get me Brian's number? The only kid here that wants to play (the one that'd be coming down with me) only plays with me like..once every 4 days. Every day he ask me if I wanna play and I'm like "Sure, just give me a call after your last class or w/e" and he never does. lol

Oh, and how many of your shreveport guys would want to go to the tourney? I can fit 5 people in my car relatively comfortably, but I'm intending to be in BR the whole weekend so I dunno what you guys wanna do with that. (As in friday through the tourney and to mid-sunday)

Pritch

Smash Lord
Oh ****, I was just thinking friendlies, and now you guys want to do a melee side tournament. Totally down for that.

I wonder if the state of louisiana as a whole still doesn't know how to fight a good peach....:chuckle:

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I guess we'll just see who shows up at Gameware and take a vote from there. I'm thinking Brawl Singles first, so that doesn't go too late. After that, I'm up for whatever, especially if the turnout is similar to the last one. Again, we can just take a vote.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
There's a very small chance I could come to this. I have both the 19th and 20th off, but there's a tournament in Tallahassee the day after this one. I'd like to do both, but the tourneys are in opposite directions so that's a lot of driving. About 4 hours to BR, 4 back, 2.5 to Tally, 2.5 back.

My vote might end up not counting, but it goes towards teams. If low tier is held in its place, it would cement my decision not to go. Totally not a threat btw, just the truth and I probably won't make it anyway.

I just wish you guys could hold tourneys on Saturdays though. Due to the 4 hour drive and me always working 9-6, I'd need two days off every time. If it was Saturday, I'd just need the one and would find someone to crash with after work friday.

eet

Smash Ace
well I have work that saturday but i'm sure everyone will be at my apartment after the tourny for friendlies? ...maybe Ill try and switch shifts.

im pretty sure we dont mind housing people sudai/houma/manko/pritch or whoever needs a place? just dont eat all our **** and stay for 4 days.

but peach dittos sound fun? although haven't-played-melee-inawhile johns in advanced(wtfs an lcancel, not that peach ever cared)? lol ... we'll jus **** the melee rotation with dbl peach team

but since im prolly not gonna be at the actual tourny ill jus not worry about voting on the side tourny :o

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I guess my vote is for teams since it would go by quicker. I guess I could house a few people too if ya'lls apartment fills up, Eric. But I got class that Saturday (at least one as of right now >.>), so they may have to leave at a random time.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'm probably down to crash somewhere and play mad friendlies. Anyone over there play guilty gear? I'm pretty bad at it but I'd like to get better, and playing people who'd rock me is as good a way as any.

vegta12

Smash Rookie
i think we got 4 going atleast, also i wish we could get more people into GG in this state, but i do admit i am kinda lazy to get people to learn how to play. it seems you either pick it up or you can't. My brother is trying to train some people now, but i know they wont get as good as me,him,our friend kurum, and stone from new orleans. sad face

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
So it's looking like teams so far. Though, it'll ultimately be decided day of, by those who are actually there.

There is ONE exception to this. Manko, if you decide you'd like to drive out here (maybe with some other Fla. people?) for this and the fact that there might be low tier would keep you from coming, then tell me, and we'll do teams. It's been a while since Fla. has been here, and I know you know some La. people. If running teams (which is the consensus right now anyways) would get you here, then we'll run teams.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Don't do it just for my sake. Like I said, I'm torn atm and it's more likely I'll just do the FL tourney. I'm supposed to team with GMoney from Jacksonville (ROB/MK) so I really don't want to miss out there either. You all have seen how well that team does. ;)

The Panhandle Manhandlers as a whole can't attend since they're going to a YGO tourney in Pensacola. So the plan so far is for me to house them there (they're actually an hour away from me) then Saturday they do their tourney in town, and I go to Tallahassee for Brawl.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hello, LA.

Just a semi-new player that started playing in LA in June 07, and went back to AZ in July.

Brawl sucks.

That is all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ATVSmash

p.s. I don't suck anymore! :D

Also, I'm supposed to be MMing Mr. J, the guy that came in and started **** talking everyone in LA. I'm not sure if he knows I'm from here or not.

<leaves>

eet

Smash Ace
this is not eric.

ROFL. dude. please pwn mr. j. he is trash. he was 4 stocked by one of la's worse players (nicknyte, who actually lives in az now.) and for a while he would NOT shut up about how much we sucked. even tho one of our nubs went and pwnd him and yeah... just **** him for me plz.
u coming back to la any time soon? i want to play melee.

pritch, u should stay and play melee with me. i was going about even with vidjo in friendlies the first night of fc:d, but it's been a long time since then. id say he was winning like 6/11 ish. i also had a close first round set with xelic at final smash 1, but ended up getting 2-0d. me and smilez had an epic tourney fight, but once again i lost lol. 3rd fight of the set im about to get 2 stocked and some how go beast mode and get him to like 120+ on his last stock. then he kills me.

but i'd love to play even tho my melee is probably a little rusty. maybe i can get kyle to come out.

if theres no tv for melee im totally not coming to the tourney. ima call someone when it starts and find out.

-taylorhj

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
If he hadn't improved, I wouldn't even have worried about it lol.

But Axe and Vectorman both told me that he's gotten better, and that I shouldn't underestimate him (though, apparently, I'm still better)

Wish me luck on not choking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8_gaTq3bc8

Btw, there's a SLIM chance of me being in Louisiana in December, and a good chance of me being in Louisiana summer next year.

Sudai

Stuff here
TAE, even if he got 100x better, you'd still **** him. I mean..come on, this dude was garbage. Even Battousai wouldn't fall for BThrow > FSmash 4 times in a row like Mr. J did. And Battousai is horrible at smash. He -is- LA's joke.

<3 Batto.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
TAE, even if he got 100x better, you'd still **** him. I mean..come on, this dude was garbage. Even Battousai wouldn't fall for BThrow > FSmash 4 times in a row like Mr. J did. And Battousai is horrible at smash. He -is- LA's joke.

<3 Batto.
LOL wtf.

Someone's worse than batto?! jk much <3

I'm at school.........why? Cause they like to cancel EVERY other college and public school but my college??? wtf???

LA Managed to dodge IKE's final smash lol...

What up everyone how are teh?

I believe im still top notch mario from LA b/c no one else plays him...if you do...Mario Ditto for "Best mario title?"

See you on the 19th...

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'm definitely going to the tournament itself, and I'm definitely bringing a cube and tv to be used as a dedicated melee setup there. What I do afterwards remains to be seen, but I could certainly see hanging around afterwards.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Fun fact:

Brawl sucks.

Anyone that honestly thinks Brawl is better than Melee probably sucked at Melee or didn't even play it at all.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Fun fact:

Brawl sucks.

Anyone that honestly thinks Brawl is better than Melee probably sucked at Melee or didn't even play it at all.
ive played competetive melee since day one. its not that brawl is better i just find it more fun. people get tired of playing the same game for 7-8 years. but dont make a remark like that in this thread buddy. many people in la played serious melee and DO prefer brawl and i can promise you they didnt suck. i thought everybody was over the stupid a$$ melee vs brawl debate.

Fun fact: i talked to m2k and even he prefers brawl now. and i know me AND m2k dont suck. just stop. K. sorry. not really.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
ive played competetive melee since day one. its not that brawl is better i just find it more fun. people get tired of playing the same game for 7-8 years. but dont make a remark like that in this thread buddy. many people in la played serious melee and DO prefer brawl and i can promise you they didnt suck. i thought everybody was over the stupid a$$ melee vs brawl debate.

Fun fact: i talked to m2k and even he prefers brawl now. and i know me AND m2k dont suck. just stop. K. sorry. not really.
Yeah, that's why I worded my sentence the way it did.

I'm sure you enjoy Brawl more, but I didn't say you honestly think Brawl is better.

Chillin feels the same way; he (implied) that he thinks Melee is better, but he just plays Brawl because he's been playing Melee for several years.

p.s. I said probably

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
So yeah my friend is having her birthday party next Friday so I'm still going and can bring my Wii (and possible TV), but I have to leave with all of my stuff after the singles division. If singles isn't first I don't think I'll make it. Didn't make it last month, so I'm somewhat hype. Only question is how early should I get there, I want to get some friendlies in too but obviously I won't be doing that afterwards. What time to the good people start to arrive?

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
In a bizarre twist of fate, due to Mr. Gustav, I now have 2 Saturday classes I need to attend which means I have to take off work. One of those Saturday classes is on September 20th, the Saturday after September 19th, the day of Gameware 4. Which means ultimately, because of the hurricane, I can go to Gameware 4! Maybe? Still don't know where it is or if I'll have a ride.

Mushroom Pie

Smash Rookie
Hey there all, I just moved down here last week for college. I don't suppose there are any Brawl tournaments going on tomorrow at Lakeside or Clearview Mall in New Orleans, is there?

Alternatively, anyone in here go to Tulane? We should get together and Smash it up some time.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Hawks, your profile says you're in new orleans. I'm also in new orleans. Toss me some gas money and you have a ride.

Only thing is there's a possibility that I'll be spending the night. Kinda playing it by ear atm, but there's a chance.

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
Me and a group of my friends are gonna attend this tourney and i was wondering what were the rules on the first match. Is it a double blind or what? Oh, and one more thing; what does "advanced slob picks" mean?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Hey there all, I just moved down here last week for college. I don't suppose there are any Brawl tournaments going on tomorrow at Lakeside or Clearview Mall in New Orleans, is there?

Alternatively, anyone in here go to Tulane? We should get together and Smash it up some time.
Clearview would be news to me 0_o, but those tourney's are usually wack anyway. Go to Gameware, the info in the OP.

Me and a group of my friends are gonna attend this tourney and i was wondering what were the rules on the first match. Is it a double blind or what? Oh, and one more thing; what does "advanced slob picks" mean?
You can call double blind, but most people there are either young kids that you'll pwn anyway or people that aren't douchebags that'll wait for you to pick before they pick so you really won't have to call it. As far as stage picking goes, apparently we're stage striking this time with 7 neutral stages (one person says they don't want to play on a certain stage and the other person does the same and it goes back and forth until there's one stage). Next fight, the loser declares a stage (full list in OP), the winner picks a character and the loser counterpicks their character. Don't know if Dave's Stupid Rule (same stage can't be used twice in same set) is used, but I assume not. But yeah, the hot place to play is Dibbz on vets, I live by there but there was no one tonight and my Wii is at my friends house.

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
lol the funny thing is, i'm really talking about one of the people i fight in my group to call the double blind against by chance i have to face them lol.

Top Bottom