• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Sleep-in johns. Seems legit.

Had a dream the other night once our thread got to page 1800, it reached its "Thread post limit", and stopped working alltogether. *nervous*

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You'll want to talk to Curlz about that.

Bomber, since you care about page 1800 so much, why don't you take us home.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It would be my honor. Time to make my dream come true.

Though I will say this, if the thread breaks, I will most likely be banned.

It was nice knowing you guys.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'm new here.

How often do you any of you get Melee, Brawl, or Project M matches or tourneys together in the Lafayette area?
As a whole, we dont practice. Tournaments should be once every month or two but I think that Curlz is stopping that.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'm new here.

How often do you any of you get Melee, Brawl, or Project M matches or tourneys together in the Lafayette area?
As a whole, we dont practice. Tournaments should be once every month or two but I think that Curlz is stopping that.

FPDav

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0127-1121
But we are trying to find a good time/space for everyone to practice. So far, I think Tuesdays work, but we don't have a place yet.

Blacksmithery

Smash Rookie
But we are trying to find a good time/space for everyone to practice. So far, I think Tuesdays work, but we don't have a place yet.
If you guys figure something out i'd love to have some new people to play against. A few of my friends are good but i'm really the only one who plays seriously and it's hard to get better playing people who aren't very good.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Im still gonna be running tournaments in Laffy even after i move to BR. Blacksmith guy, I posted my number a few posts back, shoot me a text and we can meet up sometime soon to play.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
OK, our current Brawl PR is waaaaaaaay outdated and sense it's a new year and all, I think it's time to finally post the new PR we (JNig, BSP, Ram, Gunner and myself) came up with a while back but have been too lazy to post lol.

So without further ado, ladies, gentlemen and anything in-between, I present to you the updated LA Brawl PR:

S- JNig
A- Brawlman/Gunner/BSP
B- MAR/Byron/Day/Li-D/Juglo
C- Phil/Curlz/ChKn/Ramsaur/Holden

We decided to do it in tiers this time since so many of us are so close in skill.

Bomber, if u could put this list in the OP in place of the old one it would be appreciated.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Yo, Justin. On Friday the 24th how do you feel about coming to baton rouge to play smash with aj,byron,johnathan,ladarius,me, and BSP. Im sure you could crash at one of our places and then you can just roll on to the tournament on the 25th. Its a 15 minute drive from where we stay.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
OK, our current Brawl PR is waaaaaaaay outdated and sense it's a new year and all, I think it's time to finally post the new PR we (JNig, BSP, Ram, Gunner and myself) came up with a while back but have been too lazy to post lol.

So without further ado, ladies, gentlemen and anything in-between, I present to you the updated LA Brawl PR:

S- JNig
A- Brawlman/Gunner/BSP

We decided to do it in tiers this time since so many of us are so close in skill.

Bomber, if u could put this list in the OP in place of the old one it would be appreciated.
We can never be friends.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Perhaps we can update it more frequently now lol. Maybe Mar will actually show up...
Anyway, I'll be going to Lindale for the tourney this weekend. Anyone else?

-Ran

Smash Master
Don't know why it's a problem to have a one man show. Imo, it's a lot eaasier to just intrust the OP with someone reliable. It's more convenient than having to log out and log into another account just to update an OP
Because the one man can disappear because they get busy with other things in their life, or maybe the event/detail isn't important to that person enough to warrant quick attention. The LA thread was probably best maintained whenever it was assigned to Eet, since I'm pretty sure that at least ten people had access to the thread at that point. You could actually put a last minute Smashfest in the title during that thread era. It isn't hard to utilize a second account, since most people are using multiple browsers which all save different accounts/passwords/cookies. Just use IE/whatever for the second account.

-Ran

Smash Master
I know it isn't addressed to be, but close enough. ;) If you put serious work into anything, you can achieve it; unfortunately, Smash is a game that requires you to have great training partners to level up, and simply playing a handful of opponents isn't enough. Jnig's climb happened in about a year, after he spent a year or so bouncing around as a nonranked player. He had the luck of being located in such a place where he was able to play Jio, Battou, Arcadia, Hyro, and myself at a time when almost all of us were on the power rankings in the state. Jio and Battou had a habit of jumping on and off the list, but when they weren't rusty, they were great practice partners. This doesn't count the times that Lee was coming to Nola, which was pretty often back during his traveling days in Brawl. For almost every out of state tournament, we had a car pool ready to go in a few phone calls. A year later, you had Savon and Adam in the group pushing their own skill through the same gauntlet.

I don't know if such an enviroment exists anymore in the state for Brawl, but I do remember it as a pretty special time. Given your location, the absolute best thing for you to do is not miss a single Dallas/Houston tournament since it's only about a four or so hour drive. I honestly believe that if Lafayette would have had an older core group during their development, their proximity to Houston would have lead them to be a power house. Most of the players were too young to go out of state, and so it was rare for them to go out of state, despite it only being three hours away.

[collapse=Shameless Abusing of Google]
Louisiana Smash Brothers
New Orleans Smash Brothers
Metairie Smash Brothers
Baton Rouge Smash Brothers
Shreveport Smash Brothers
Lafeyette Smash Brothers
Lake Charles Smash Brothers
Kenner Smash Brothers
Bossier City Smash Brothers
Monroe Smash Brothers
Ruston Smash Brothers
Alexandria Smash Brothers
New Iberia Smash Brothers
Houma Smash Brothers
Slidell Smash Brothers
Hammond Smash Brothers
Louisiana Competitive Smash Brothers
New Orleans Competitive Smash Brothers
Metairie Competitive Smash Brothers
Baton Rouge Competitive Smash Brothers
Shreveport Competitive Smash Brothers
Lafeyette Competitive Smash Brothers
Lake Charles Competitive Smash Brothers
Kenner Competitive Smash Brothers
Bossier Competitive City Smash Brothers
Monroe Competitive Smash Brothers
Ruston Competitive Smash Brothers
Alexandria Competitive Smash Brothers
New Iberia Competitive Smash Brothers
Houma Competitive Smash Brothers
Slidell Competitive Smash Brothers
Hammond Competitive Smash Brothers
Louisiana Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
New Orleans Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
Metairie Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
Baton Rouge Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
Shreveport Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
Lafeyette Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
Lake Charles Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
Kenner Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
Bossier Competitive City Smash Brothers Tournaments
Monroe Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
Ruston Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
Alexandria Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
New Iberia Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
Houma Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
Slidell Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
Hammond Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments
Louisiana Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
New Orleans Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Metairie Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Baton Rouge Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Shreveport Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Lafeyette Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Lake Charles Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Kenner Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Bossier Competitive City Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Monroe Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Ruston Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Alexandria Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
New Iberia Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Houma Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Slidell Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Hammond Competitive Smash Brothers Tournaments Brawl Melee 64
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Louisiana?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in New Orleans Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Metairie Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Baton Rouge Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Shreveport Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Lafeyette Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Lake Charles Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Kenner Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Bossier City Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Monroe Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Ruston Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Alexandria Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in New Iberia Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Houma Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Slidell Smash Brothers?
Where can I play Smash Brothers in Hammond Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for Smash Brothers in Louisiana?
Where is the Facebook page for New Orleans Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for Metairie Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for Baton Rouge Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for Shreveport Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for Lafeyette Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for Lake Charles Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for Kenner Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for Bossier City Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for Monroe Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for Ruston Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for Alexandria Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for New Iberia Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for Houma Smash Brothers?
Where is the Facebook page for Slidell Smash Brothers?[/collapse]

Last edited:

Curlz

Smash Lord
I agree with Ran completely. I was 14 whenever I joined the competitive Brawl scene and was stuck in the rut that is Lafayette for the longest time. It wasnt until I started going to Nola every weekend that I started getting better, even if it was at a snail's pace. I then took what I learned and brought it to Laffy to try and better my scene. I was the best in my city for a while until ChKn and Blaise started traveling as well. Reading frame data and learning priority can only do so much without field experience, but like Ran cliche'd; you can be as good as however much time you put into it.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I feel like as if, currently, the Smashcon circuit system would benefit from doing something similar to Florida's Tier Breaker system. I don't know if we can handle that much participation though.

Curlz

Smash Lord
For the All Stars community we would update the power ranking every six months using SmashCon as the first tournament of the season so we could have a fresh seeding system for each SC event. We should implement that with our tiers and/or Top 10

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I feel like as if, currently, the Smashcon circuit system would benefit from doing something similar to Florida's Tier Breaker system. I don't know if we can handle that much participation though.
What the breaker system like? If it involves multiple events during the month, we tried that already and people told us we were doing too much, so we stopped.

Sudai

Stuff here
This thread was ran a lot better when it was owned by Eet. Eric didn't give any ****s about his password so literally 10+ people had it and more could get it from those people so long as they were long standing, trusted community members. There was never a day when the thread wasn't completely up to date basically. If I had a vote, it'd be that we go back to that.

ChKn

Smash Ace

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Soooooo. They made it not so obvious when it came to changing the thread title. I figured it out. Problem solved.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
I totally meant Ramsaur but I agree with you guys. I just can't get in the lab because those mayflash adapters mess up pivot grabbing for me and dacus. So I just lab it up on pm and melee. There is literally no one within 50 miles of me who plays. I have a few friends that are casual but they say everything is broken. Grabs = banned against one guy. Wtf. Anyway I'm gonna donk at Smashcon

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Some Marksvillians play Melee (Jacques and Justin). They just lack means of transportation and other things that prohibit them from being LA all-stars.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

S- JNig
A- Brawlman/Gunner/BSP
Smooth tier:

Smooth Criminal

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Smooth, what the **** is goin on in your avatar? It looks like a normal size guy and his horse, and a giant shirtless Jesus in a duster jacket, which seems inappropriate for the type of weather in which the picture is set. Am I close?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Sorry if I have appeared AWOL the last few days for some people, so I'm gonna reply to a few things:
1. JNig :wario:
2. Craig :rob:/:metaknight:
3. ChKn :marth:
4. Curlz :metaknight:
5. Cody :dedede:/:metaknight:/:rob:
6. Nickelz :lucario:
GGS

S- JNig
A- Brawlman/Gunner/BSP

Basically inside look at seeding for Smashcon so don't be mad people.

Yo, Justin. On Friday the 24th how do you feel about coming to baton rouge to play smash with aj,byron,johnathan,ladarius,me, and BSP. Im sure you could crash at one of our places and then you can just roll on to the tournament on the 25th. Its a 15 minute drive from where we stay.
I'll think about it, I'll probably only do it if whoever's house we are smashing at is also the place I'll be staying.

ALSO to those that want me to go to East Texas Fight Club: Convince me why I should go, because I really don't want to spend that gas money right now, especially since I'm so close to paying off my debts.

Top Bottom