• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
Definitely agree. The faster you can pay off a debt, the less you'll wind up paying and then you can do more fun **** with your 'extra' money. Unless its interest free, then whoever gave it to you is a moron and you just got free money.

D

Deleted member

The 3 numbers are the player's placement in the first, second, and third shrimp (consecutively). X means they didnt attend, and L means last.
1. Taylor (3,1,1)
2. Freddy (1,2,3)
3. Tim (2,X,2)
4. Avery (4,X,4)
5. Sudai (5,4,7)
6. Jake (7,7,5)
7. Austin (5,X,9)
8. Xin (9,X,5)
9. Vaughn (9,5,13)
10. Dylan (9,7,9)

HM: James(L,L,7), Brandon(9,9,9), Pritch(X,X,9)
James went from double last to 7th place. Should really watch out for him.
Brandon apparently can't break the 9th place barrier, but he MM'd like half of the top 10 after the Shrimp 003 and won them all if I'm not mistaken.
Pritch came back to LA within the last month. If he spent as much time playing as he did johning, he would threaten every player on the list.

The list is made almost entirely on numerical values for placement in tournaments, with a little variance based on missed events or strange circumstances (The shrimp 2 was not very stacked. good placement there had less value). I think this is a really good starting point for discussion, or changes after future shrimps / smashcons. if someone disagrees with this i would love to talk about it.

repost for recent relevance? i think this should be put in the OP as well.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Sorry if I have appeared AWOL the last few days for some people, so I'm gonna reply to a few things:

ALSO to those that want me to go to East Texas Fight Club: Convince me why I should go, because I really don't want to spend that gas money right now, especially since I'm so close to paying off my debts.
Honestly I think that's way too far for a Tyler event....save it for a bigger AL/TX event. That being said, It'd be decent practice for wintercon...

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
from my understanding of things for Fight Club on Saturday, it's gonna be Gunner + 1 other? Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (I am after all the organizer of the event).

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The 3 numbers are the player's placement in the first, second, and third shrimp (consecutively). X means they didnt attend, and L means last.
1. Taylor (3,1,1)
2. Freddy (1,2,3)
3. Tim (2,X,2)
4. Avery (4,X,4)
5. Sudai (5,4,7)
6. Jake (7,7,5)
7. Austin (5,X,9)
8. Xin (9,X,5)
9. Vaughn (9,5,13)
10. Dylan (9,7,9)

James went from double last to 7th place. Should really watch out for him.
Brandon apparently can't break the 9th place barrier, but he MM'd like half of the top 10 after the Shrimp 003 and won them all if I'm not mistaken.
Pritch came back to LA within the last month. If he spent as much time playing as he did johning, he would threaten every player on the list.

The list is made almost entirely on numerical values for placement in tournaments, with a little variance based on missed events or strange circumstances (The shrimp 2 was not very stacked. good placement there had less value). I think this is a really good starting point for discussion, or changes after future shrimps / smashcons. if someone disagrees with this i would love to talk about it.

Is that what the current Melee PR is going to look like? I'll definitely add it if it is. If not, I'll paste it to the OP anyway, I'll give it a place with the Melee PR or something.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Dylan I've only played you once so I can't answer that. But I have 3 smash goals right now.
1: getting to as many tournaments as I can
2: Get in the A tier
3: Get Ed in the scene and get him ranked

Also, me and my friends shot an Xbox today. If you wanna see the videos and pictures go check my twitter and vine

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
1. Taylor (3,1,1)
2. Freddy (1,2,3)
3. Tim (2,X,2)
4. Avery (4,X,4)
5. Sudai (5,4,7)
6. Jake (7,7,5)
7. Austin (5,X,9)
8. Xin (9,X,5)
9. Vaughn (9,5,13)
10. Dylan (9,7,9)

James went from double last to 7th place. Should reall

Dylan I've only played you once so I can't answer that. But I have 3 smash goals right now.
1: getting to as many tournaments as I can
2: Get in the A tier
3: Get Ed in the scene and get him ranked

Also, me and my friends shot an Xbox today. If you wanna see the videos and pictures go check my twitter and vine
hey you know Cody Briscoe? He would go to the tournament with you. Eman definitely knows him. He plays Ike and shiek

D

Deleted member

love the sudai but he's yet to get first in any shrimp event lol.

ive talked it over with all the BR people and it seems universally agreed upon atm

Bomber7

Smash Hero
BOOM!

So whats this big wintercon?
Wintercon is one of the two gaming conventions Smashcon hosts twice a year. Its primary focus is smash so it hosts events for Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, and P:M. There's also events for fighters too, and we've even done stuff for mario kart (all the salt). It's really fun, and we usually get pretty good turnouts. It's a lot of fun. If you haven't been to a convention yet, then I highly suggest you come out. :)

Edit- forgot to mention, the conventions are the two biggests events LA hosts, we also have managed to get businesses to set up booths to sell stuff at the conventions. I'm not sure if we have any lines up for this convention but I do know for sure Summercon typically has them.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Zack, Seven is a really cool name but OMJesus is pretty funny. I vote you should stay seven. And Dylan, I know Cody. He's probably not good and he's mega weird.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Hey guys, there's this cool thing I heard about. It's a mod for this video game called "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" and it makes it play a lot like another game in the series ("Super Smash Bros. Melee"). They call it Project M. Anyone want to play it some time?

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Zack, Seven is a really cool name but OMJesus is pretty funny. I vote you should stay seven. And Dylan, I know Cody. He's probably not good and he's mega weird.
We used to live together lol. And everyone sucks at the beginning. Train him! And yes he's weird. But my bro

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, there's this cool thing I heard about. It's a mod for this video game called "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" and it makes it play a lot like another game in the series ("Super Smash Bros. Melee"). They call it Project M. Anyone want to play it some time?
I would like to play this Project M.

-Ran

Smash Master
That list always makes me sad Taylor. =/ I feel we should just do tier bracketed stuff anyways, since we have more skill clusters than anything right now.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah, living in BR for the foreseeable future. I will be living on LSU's campus once the semester starts.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Look to the far right of the top of the page, you'll see your username, a mail icon, and a flag icon. Hover over the mail icon and click "Start a New Conversation" and it should be easy from there.

Last edited:

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Meh, I'll pass on Cody.

Hey guys what the hell ever happened to Murdok? I thought he was gonna host a tournament in Monroe...And does anyone besides Okuser play League?
Mods? Those are illegal!!! And you'll get banned on the miiverse for criminal activity (yes I have had to deal with that)

D

Deleted member

with such a small scene the grouping format is kinda worthless. doesnt make people strive to get better. like, tier 1: me freddy tim, tier 2: 15 people, tier 3: 8 people

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I got it iceman. I'll text you later when I can play. Sudai you should pass me yours too.

Top Bottom