• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
I thought the LA thread had died.

Woot, nice to see you all. Lafayette's been playing more melee lately, since Varuna and Runfast have an apartment together.

Edit: Sudai and Eric where you at? :o

Edit2: @Sudai, ShyG: I like melee more than Brawl as well, but I agree with M2K's stance that the games need to stop competing with one another and just accept that they're completely different. Better for the smash community overall.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Smash in Lafayette is more popular right now than it's been in years. Patrick, Ken, Matt, Ryan, Nick, Ben, Aaron, and I are gradually bringing it back. :) It's ****ing great to see yall still posting in here.

EDIT: Curlz, you fellas from the Brawl scene (and anyone else we're missing) in Lafayette need to come hang out and get some setups going. I'll talk to Ryan and Matt about it, but I think it'd be great to start weekly smash gatherings.

ChKn

Smash Ace
EDIT: Curlz, you fellas from the Brawl scene (and anyone else we're missing) in Lafayette need to come hang out and get some setups going. I'll talk to Ryan and Matt about it, but I think it'd be great to start weekly smash gatherings.
...we have for the past 6 months lol. Anime n Games Sundays from 2-6.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Smash in Lafayette is more popular right now than it's been in years. Patrick, Ken, Matt, Ryan, Nick, Ben, Aaron, and I are gradually bringing it back. :) It's ****ing great to see yall still posting in here.

...we have for the past 6 months lol. Anime n Games Sundays from 2-6.
Flounda, don't be a dck. Lol.
But we do have weekly Brawl get togethers at Anime and Games on sundays like Flounda said. I'm not there right now because I just got back from LouisiANIME.

If you wanna pull something together at someone's house, I'd be happy to come chill and play sometime. Just let me know, you have my number. :]

mastermajora

Smash Rookie
Curlz beat chkn's MK in a non-tournament setting. He's probably gonna post on the PR backroom thread to decrease chkn's value. Cause you know friendlies count towards it. Oh well, that gives me a chance to get on the PR now. =D

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Flounda, don't be a dck. Lol.
But we do have weekly Brawl get togethers at Anime and Games on sundays like Flounda said. I'm not there right now because I just got back from LouisiANIME.

If you wanna pull something together at someone's house, I'd be happy to come chill and play sometime. Just let me know, you have my number. :]
He's not being mean. I'm glad you both seem to agree that it would be a good idea. :)

Gathering at a store to play would be okay, but I'd prefer someone's place any day over that. I will talk to Ryan and Matt and see if they agree.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
jnig just tell em the truth and let them know that ur serious about smash as a hobby like someone can be about sports. Bring up all of the points of mlg, tell em about the show on spike tv, and just overall try to convince them that gaming is beginning to cross over that bridge to becoming a legitimate sport.

nola we should have weekly planned smashfests. like every x day we meet at dibbz to attract newcomers. its hard to get them when we have such inconsistent and late night schedules.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I hereby challenge the following people to a money match. This is for me to show that I belong on the PR once again. Conditions and rules will be posted by each person's name.

Each money match listed will be the Tasol Rules.

1. Lee - No money on the line, but I want to play you in a serious 3/5 set.
2. Jnig - No money. Serious 3/5 set.
3. Hyro - No money. Serious 3/5 set.
4. Ran - $1. Your Snake vs my MK. 2/3
5. Cyphus - $2. DK vs MK. 2/3
6. Arcadia - $2. Any character. 2/3
7. Roni - $1 MK ditto. $1 Falco vs MK. $2 Lucario vs MK. 2/3 for each.
8. Blaine - $3. Any character. 2/3
9. Vaughn - $2. Any character. 2/3
10. Jio - Double or nothing. Lucario vs MK. 3/5
11. Booby - $1. Pikachu vs MK. 2/3
13. Ricky B - $3. Marth vs MK. 3/5
14. RickyBlack - $2. Any character. 2/3
15. Savon - $2. Any character. 2/3
16. Batto - No Money. Serious 3/5
17. Flounda - $5. Any character. 3/5
18. Cloud520 - $3. Any character. 3/5

Bold = Accepted
Strikeout = Declined

The reason that the wages are so low is because I'm challenging multiple people. Money adds up. Let me know if you accept.

Possible gain: $30
Possible loss: $35

-Ran

Smash Master
Cloud said that's fine. He's going to attempt to make to the October NOM. His schedule is too busy to make it to anything else for this month.

Hyro

Smash Lord
WHAT IS THIS? AM I ABOVE HYRO?

THERE'S NO WAY THAT CAN BE RIGHT!!!!

But seriously, it's hard to have a serious set with no money on the line...
Hobo 27

1vs1

SPLIT 1: UltimateRazer==:snake:
SPLIT 2: Lee==:metaknight:
3: UTDZac==:gw:
4: Royr==:marth:
5: Zori==:olimar:
5: Gnes==:falco:
7: Espy==:sonic:
7: Hyro==:toonlink:
9: Kprime==:pikachu2:
9: PolterGust==:yoshi2:
9: Jerm==:toonlink:
9: Trela==:lucario:
13: Esca==:metaknight:/:pit:
13: RT==:lucario:/:marth:
13: Ozz==:fox:
13: Jnig==:wario:
WHAT IS THIS? AM I ABOVE JNIG?

That makes perfect sense!!!! Mainly because of the fact that I'm better than you and all.

That's ok. At least you didn't get outplaced by a Yoshi.

!!

oh wait

:)

OH AND PPL please don't judge your skill on how you do vs me. I wasn't trying. I won't try. I don't care how much money its for. I'm only gonna put as much effort forth as it takes to beat you. That might sound **** and all...but like idgaf lol.

hahahaha. bottoms up.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Thanks for the motivation to prove what's already true...That I'm already better than you.

OH what expecting some elaborate and clever response?

Curlz

Smash Lord
I hereby challenge the following people to a money match. This is for me to show that I belong on the PR once again. Conditions and rules will be posted by each person's name.

Bold = Accepted

The reason that the wages are so low is because I'm challenging multiple people. Money adds up. Let me know if you accept.

Only 4 people have accepted? Come on people. Shouldn't this be free money to you? xD

Also, who from Laffy wants to go to Nom?

'V'

Smash Lord

Bold = Accepted

I'm not going to take this seriously whatsoever, but count me in, I guess...

Edit: I'll be using Sonic.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'm not going to take this seriously whatsoever, but count me in, I guess...
THANK YOU.

I beat you already while I was ****ing around in a MM two Sundays ago with MM and Trint as my witnesses. If at all, you owe me $10, but I'm a nice guy and I didn't want you to go down 10 extra.

I decline publicly.

Top Bottom