• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

who is this pickle?
and where is he from?
and why are his youtube videos sobad?
garvix number 2?

i feel bad for him

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
What eric? ya i live in metairie

(sorry for all the typos)
F my post got deleted... I was talking about brawl and melee... not trying to offend brawl players... buts such a waste... ARGG theres no point to this site anymore brawl wasnt meant to be competitive..,, but ya i dunno its just confusing and fishy.. Melee comes out and takes like 8 years for people to find more cr@p in it(Im still saying an alien actualy made melee) and with brawl we have a nutured game for the casuals and for money... and melee a perfect fighting game that could have its own bible... probly if not the best atleast one of the best games ever made. I mean name another game that took plyers years and years and kept advancing with the players, having every new thing found fit in and add to melees depth and gameplay.. part of the fun in melee is its not just like a regular fighting game where u can pick it up and play or lear some button combo(traditinal fighters) but ya learning all the advanced techniques makes playing it fun becuzse unlike brawl, melee is unique and diffrent... I bet competive brawl matches are all the same basicly.. the characters lack thier proper and full range of tactics because brawls engine is like an old atari game all the characters are in the same floaty basic boring style its the engine.. Thats y IMO u cant try to make melee game with brawls engines, its way to inferior people want melees engine not a clone.. So if they hack melees color schemes its gotta be possible, ya I know its like 10 times harder but its necesary if u want to make a real melee sequal... ud need a team of hackers,actual video game designers, and melee players. Its not just copy and paste.. u have tottaly change the character while trying to keep his brawl game intact, then probly change some attacks, or speed reach, all the advanced techs everything thats been watered down in brawl... just think of it like ur bringing brawl marth to melee and how that would go,,adding all the brawl cast is gonna go from def do to extemely difficult in some cased u have everything pretty much laid out its just a matter of doing it other chzracters would take alot longer not only having change things but also more... I garuntee if someone were able to put out even just a sample of this it would gain alot more intrest maybe even support and help from othed people, people want melee 2..they just dont know it, for people that played melee once they see melee engine thely be interested imeteatly, Im sure alot of the old melee players would come back and we can finarly give all our new people an actual game...

Ok to start out simple...someone would release a video and playable version with atleast 2 brawl characters, i guess some new costumes, and maybe some new things added to the old melee cast basicvly ur just filling in the 2 spaces where the random button is with prefably Metaknight and Snake in melee form and at that point people will take major intrest.... ud reveal ur demos online and pass them around saying melee 2.0 and this is just a taste everyone would wanna play it and even with just those two new charzcters and other little changes it will bring melee back to life(it would have to look good though like full matches of metta and snake agaismt most of the melee chars i think this could actuals be done by one game designer one good hacker and probly 10 melee players.... ok we dont want people just playing that game we want a full verssion so people willing to help will get copies(ya i know people will be wanting to make copies and sell them... but lets just say the disks are made from sakurai's balls and arent copyable) then we put brawl to rest for good... and the community excepts the new melee games as the official competitive game.. bassiclky all the crap i posted aboout what melee 2.0 should be....

- Melee's cast balanced and slight new changes,costumes (but u want the old characters to be as untouched as possible except the obvious buffs and nerfs that wont make the characters feel to different just slight), Meless competitive stages, melees music, ch
haracter removals(pichu,mewtwo,y.link?)

- brawl characters(Trying to fit in most of the new characters ranging from ones that fit right in,ones that needed various changes or complete moveset change, removal of few chars,brawl competitive stages,brawl music,replay
Removal of most single players modes (except option things like data and rumble etc...)
The tournament organizer mode basicly all the stuff people say at tourneys or rules

- Obviviously well need some new screens for the main menu,options, the character screen, stage screen....

Ok this like my 5th time talking about this... Ok if sakurai is quiting making smash games and brawl was the last one he should give the rights to the players (not the characters but the game having who own what etc) hopefully someone within the smash scene an old melee player thats now a game developer. If we cant get that then wtf we have like the biggest community for a video game and were not just trying to make money..he knows about the competive scene...its like hes turning his back on this masterpiece for money..

but its a tough call do we go behind him and make it or risk it does it matter if its free... if we change it enough and call it sumthing else is it still his game?

and i guess thats where the possibility of new characters comes up i made a list of a few i think def should be in the game characters that can change gameplay, and another sword character

then yheres megaman and geno ,the two most wanted 3rd party chars and i guess this all depends on legality crap.. we could go to owners them and try to get them...

Ok if we actually got this far with this ether way its not a must but o think we need atleast 2 new chars and dependending on legality..... If we have the rights or saks permision is say we ask him to put in Isaac & little mac that would be ok then theres 2 others characters i think could add alot of depth Poo and magic koopa alright these are of personal favorite and ideas so i dont care but Isaac and little mac are musts

and i say megaman is a must even over little mac hed be a perfect character with alot of progectiles and wed have sega ,capcom, and whatever snake is all represented and then geno the other favorite but problynimpissible to getbrights too..

so i guess id be happy with those 3 isaac,megaman and pit and if not megaman then another nitendo character that adds depth..lucily we have sonic and wolfs movesets to add that and we could alway make sword ganon a char or bring back warion in a difderent way..

ok so thats how smash should go down in the future imo...with the players making the final game and obviously wed choose melees engine... if some company wants to sell that would be cool, if sakurai wants to help thats fine too he can have his money and credit... if not then i dont think it should be sold maybe just handed out as a surprise after some boring brawl tourney... i duno inguess it could be played on the cube or the wii or anything that can play the game and has gamecube controller slots... i dont know why people arent embracing this... (i mean melee people) if theyre settling on a brawl engine thing then its fail.. Alright brawls gonna die soon meeles old...and the only reason if feel'stongly on this is because ive spent a good portion of life playing melee and i dunno i kind of feel obliged to this... I know the could be amazing if done right and i feel like before brawl dies along with this site we do this all the way and if i feel obliged then people that played it longer harder better should feel even more so i wanna remeber smash like that, and brawl people trust me ud enjoy this game 10 times more... but frankly hardcore melee people dont give a *** about the brawl scene or its players unless theyre playing it...
Heck even if we just get snake and meta into melee that would be something... and actually lucario and lucas should both be pretty easy, but whatever melee people deserve a new game or a "patch" but i guess theyve all gotten over it settled with brawl and melee or quit and maybe thats hows its gonna end, u know good things cant last forever....(well probly bad in my case but very intersting and informative)

anyways yesterday i guess I was playing melee with freddy then tim and kyle for a lil, I was probly playing the best ive ever played and both freddy and tim said i was... and i guess i beat tim a few times only played kyle once and got two stocked but it was marth vs mario so it still felt like i almost won cuz his character is way better and hes suppose to be way than me... with freddy he pretty much 1 stocked me most of the time.. but ya i was using mario and all of a sudden i saw the game differently and my mario was doing crazy ****.... I made freddy burst out laughing a few times i dunno i did one long super ridiculiys combo and another time when I double back aired him ftw win and then hit him a 3rd time way down at the bottom left corner and it was my last life so i just barely pushed him far enough left before i fell down...the kinda fun u just cant have with brawl :/ But ya i feel like a pretty much perfected mario(not perfect but felt like it) I was getting in zones with mario ive never felt playing before i guess most imortantly I was able to exocute everything i wanted and then was able to implement my mind games...Intrestingly i switched to doc and started 2-3 stocking freddy.... so i guess doc really is better.. most marios use doc in touch matches anyway.. but ya i still had more fun playing mario even though i was losing so i switched back...

see how much better melee is i started playing in 2005 im just now starting to get the hang of it...

and if u dont freddy then u only play brawl and dont deserve to know him.. sorry brawl people actually im not really.... that stupid wasteof game ur playing couldve been sumthing..

pickle962

Smash Lord
What eric? ya i live in metairie

F my post got deleted... I was talking about brawl and melee... not trying to offend brawl players... buts such a waste... ARGG theres no point to this site anymore brawl wasnt meant to be competitive..,, but ya i dunno its just confusing and fishy.. Melee comes out and takes like 8 years for people to find more cr@p in it(Im still saying an alien actualy made melee) and with brawl we have a nutured game for the casuals and for money... and melee a perfect fighting game that could have its own bible... probly if not the best atleast one of the best games ever made. I mean name another game that took plyers years and years and kept advancing with the players, having every new thing found fit in and add to melees depth and gameplay.. part of the fun in melee is its not just like a regular fighting game where u can pick it up and play or lear some button combo(traditinal fighters) but ya learning all the advanced techniques makes playing it fun becuzse unlike brawl, melee is unique and diffrent... I bet competive brawl matches are all the same basicly.. the characters lack thier proper and full range of tactics because brawls engine is like an old atari game all the characters are in the same floaty basic boring style its the engine.. Thats y IMO u cant try to make melee game with brawls engines, its way to inferior people want melees engine not a clone.. So if they hack melees color schemes its gotta be possible, ya I know its like 10 times harder but its necesary if u want to make a real melee sequal... ud need a team of hackers,actual video game designers, and melee players. Its not just copy and paste.. u have tottaly change the character while trying to keep his brawl game intact, then probly change some attacks, or speed reach, all the advanced techs everything thats been watered down in brawl... just think of it like ur bringing brawl marth to melee and how that would go,,adding all the brawl cast is gonna go from def do to extemely difficult in some cased u have everything pretty much laid out its just a matter of doing it other chzracters would take alot longer not only having change things but also more... I garuntee if someone were able to put out even just a sample of this it would gain alot more intrest maybe even support and help from othed people, people want melee 2..they just dont know it, for people that played melee once they see melee engine thely be interested imeteatly, Im sure alot of the old melee players would come back and we can finarly give all our new people an actual game...

Ok to start out simple...someone would release a video and playable version with atleast 2 brawl characters, i guess some new costumes, and maybe some new things added to the old melee cast basicvly ur just filling in the 2 spaces where the random button is with prefably Metaknight and Snake in melee form and at that point people will take major intrest.... ud reveal ur demos online and pass them around saying melee 2.0 and this is just a taste everyone would wanna play it and even with just those two new charzcters and other little changes it will bring melee back to life(it would have to look good though like full matches of metta and snake agaismt most of the melee chars i think this could actuals be done by one game designer one good hacker and probly 10 melee players.... ok we dont want people just playing that game we want a full verssion so people willing to help will get copies(ya i know people will be wanting to make copies and sell them... but lets just say the disks are made from sakurai's balls and arent copyable) then we put brawl to rest for good... and the community excepts the new melee games as the official competitive game.. bassiclky all the crap i posted aboout what melee 2.0 should be....

- Melee's cast balanced and slight new changes,costumes (but u want the old characters to be as untouched as possible except the obvious buffs and nerfs that wont make the characters feel to different just slight), Meless competitive stages, melees music, ch
haracter removals(pichu,mewtwo,y.link?)

- brawl characters(Trying to fit in most of the new characters ranging from ones that fit right in,ones that needed various changes or complete moveset change, removal of few chars,brawl competitive stages,brawl music,replay
Removal of most single players modes (except option things like data and rumble etc...)
The tournament organizer mode basicly all the stuff people say at tourneys or rules

- Obviviously well need some new screens for the main menu,options, the character screen, stage screen....

Ok this like my 5th time talking about this... Ok if sakurai is quiting making smash games and brawl was the last one he should give the rights to the players (not the characters but the game having who own what etc) hopefully someone within the smash scene an old melee player thats now a game developer. If we cant get that then wtf we have like the biggest community for a video game and were not just trying to make money..he knows about the competive scene...its like hes turning his back on this masterpiece for money..

but its a tough call do we go behind him and make it or risk it does it matter if its free... if we change it enough and call it sumthing else is it still his game?

and i guess thats where the possibility of new characters comes up i made a list of a few i think def should be in the game characters that can change gameplay, and another sword character

then yheres megaman and geno ,the two most wanted 3rd party chars and i guess this all depends on legality crap.. we could go to owners them and try to get them...

Ok if we actually got this far with this ether way its not a must but o think we need atleast 2 new chars and dependending on legality..... If we have the rights or saks permision is say we ask him to put in Isaac & little mac that would be ok then theres 2 others characters i think could add alot of depth Poo and magic koopa alright these are of personal favorite and ideas so i dont care but Isaac and little mac are musts

and i say megaman is a must even over little mac hed be a perfect character with alot of progectiles and wed have sega ,capcom, and whatever snake is all represented and then geno the other favorite but problynimpissible to getbrights too..

so i guess id be happy with those 3 isaac,megaman and pit and if not megaman then another nitendo character that adds depth..lucily we have sonic and wolfs movesets to add that and we could alway make sword ganon a char or bring back warion in a difderent way..

ok so thats how smash should go down in the future imo...with the players making the final game and obviously wed choose melees engine... if some company wants to sell that would be cool, if sakurai wants to help thats fine too he can have his money and credit... if not then i dont think it should be sold maybe just handed out as a surprise after some boring brawl tourney... i duno inguess it could be played on the cube or the wii or anything that can play the game and has gamecube controller slots... i dont know why people arent embracing this... (i mean melee people) if theyre settling on a brawl engine thing then its fail.. Alright brawls gonna die soon meeles old...and the only reason if feel'stongly on this is because ive spent a good portion of life playing melee and i dunno i kind of feel obliged to this... I know the could be amazing if done right and i feel like before brawl dies along with this site we do this all the way and if i feel obliged then people that played it longer harder better should feel even more so i wanna remeber smash like that, and brawl people trust me ud enjoy this game 10 times more... but frankly hardcore melee people dont give a *** about the brawl scene or its players unless theyre playing it...
Heck even if we just get snake and meta into melee that would be something... and actually lucario and lucas should both be pretty easy, but whatever melee people deserve a new game or a "patch" but i guess theyve all gotten over it settled with brawl and melee or quit and maybe thats hows its gonna end, u know good things cant last forever....(well probly bad in my case but very intersting and informative)

anyways yesterday i guess I was playing melee with freddy then tim and kyle for a lil, I was probly playing the best ive ever played and both freddy and tim said i was... and i guess i beat tim a few times only played kyle once and got two stocked but it was marth vs mario so it still felt like i almost won cuz his character is way better and hes suppose to be way than me... with freddy he pretty much 1 stocked me most of the time.. but ya i was using mario and all of a sudden i saw the game differently and my mario was doing crazy ****.... I made freddy burst out laughing a few times i dunno i did one long super ridiculiys combo and another time when I double back aired him ftw win and then hit him a 3rd time way down at the bottom left corner and it was my last life so i just barely pushed him far enough left before i fell down...the kinda fun u just cant have with brawl :/ But ya i feel like a pretty much perfected mario(not perfect but felt like it) I was getting in zones with mario ive never felt playing before i guess most imortantly I was able to exocute everything i wanted and then was able to implement my mind games...Intrestingly i switched to doc and started 2-3 stocking freddy.... so i guess doc really is better.. most marios use doc in touch matches anyway.. but ya i still had more fun playing mario even though i was losing so i switched back...

see how much better melee is i started playing in 2005 im just now starting to get the hang of it...

and if u dont freddy then u only play brawl and dont deserve to know him.. sorry brawl people actually im not really.... that stupid wasteof game ur playing couldve been sumthing..
I agree...Melee is one of those games you can play over and over and it never gets old...Brawl on the other hand....It's like Sakurai gave us the middle finger...Like seriously, Brawl was very hyped up back when it was being made, but when it came out, it was a serious letdown....

Examples:
crappy online mode(Even Mario Kart has a better online mode than Brawl's)
MetaKnight( The most broken character ever...nuff said.)
No At's like wavedashing, L canceling Etc...( That's what made Melee so good)
Tripping(URGH. IT WASN'T EVEN NECESSARY IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:)

That's all I think of off the top of my head...

eet

Smash Ace
Shyguys post
I think some people just find Brawl more appealing and aren't looking for the intricacies and tech of Melee, or perhaps just find it stale 8 years later.

Personally, I hate Brawl lol, but people I know to be competent who seem to enjoy it lol like Cyphus, Lee and others like M2K who I know can exceed at other fighting games also - so there is some level of mastery.

Maybe we Melee people are just more conditioned to appreciate the aspects of Melee because we already know and use them, so of course we prefer them. But that is just your relative opinion on what is fun. Im not gonna spend abuncha time comparing the two cause Im lazy, but Melee does have more 'depth', not doubt.

Anyway I live in Metairie too, so come play some Melee.

Sudai

Stuff here
Pickles, Sakurai DID give us the middle finger. First he says he doesn't want his game to be competitive, then he took out LCanceling and Wavedashing (both of which he knew of when Melee was released[WD was just wave landing though and they called it "Land Fall Special"]) and he added more party elements.

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
I dont see how they like brawl... OK Lee,and Mewtwoking are making ****loads of money from brawl in that case id say id love it.., anyways like I said in my post people turned to brawl because melee is old... but i dont think any of them would say they prefer it....

I think an attemp to bring back melee with updates like characters etc.. people would gladly play it over brawl...

but they all do still play melee too

sure melee can look old andbworn out now its "time has passed" but I garuntee if it did come out rerelessed it would be fresh and fun... adding those 10 so characters to melees cast and balancing melee would give people a quality game for the old and new...a whole new metagame... to be explored and a great way to bring the comnunity of old and new together for the last smash game, a fan service... people just dont realize how good melee is..i didnt until brawl came out... well i already knew melee was great to keep evolving they shoulda kept the same engine... screw casual people let them learn all the techniques or let them play it how they want to....
Instead we have which game i less boring a 10 year old great game or a 2 yr old bad game(bad in comparison to melee as a 1 on 1 fighting game)

Cmon u know u wanna see melee with fox,marth,shiek,falco,peach,falcon,doc etc.. against metaknight,snake,olimar,diddy,ROB,lucario,pit etc...

and a chance to fix sonic, give the other brawl characters canceling etc.. Make wolf more like fox and falco

Most of the new characters in brawl are actually designwed well its just the engine doesnt allow for character uniqueness and those characters deserve it we have a chance to make the perfect smash game where not 1 charactes domiates

plus the addition of new characters another sword fighter like marth

megaman a ton of other characters that could expand melee even further...

isnt that what everyone wanted from brawl?

If we actually did get that game theyre wouldnt be any divide wed get what we wanted... just because its melees engine doesnt mean its melee 2.0... they already perfected the engine all u can do from there is add to it and thats what brawl shouldve been... I dunno it seems like that would be even easyier to design if it aint broke dont fix it..

That would have pleased everyone the casuals dont care anyway they probly wouldnt even notice...

I dunno maybe im making too much sense..,Sakarai could still even make a strictly competitive game and sell it to the public.... instezd he shunned the minority to try to sell more, i doubt he cares that he ruined the game or whatever .... the worse part about it is that theres a brawl comunity still going on and its on mlg instead of melee...melee was a revolutionary game (besides the fact that its a fighting game) brawl being in mlg is just stupidly funny...

And according to him hevsaid brawl is going to be the last smash game... brawl is gonna die soon then what

Maybe making Modifications to melee would have taken longer because of how much better designed it is... or maybe we just dont know what really happened there was suppose to be pro smashers testing brawl? i guess they were confused @ the begining and gave it a chance only few people knew it sucked Mew2king being the most notible i tried to be optimistic but ya i eventualy realized, all it did was raise my appreaciation for melee..
I still kinda feel like brawl is just a big joke aimed at casuals for money and hes laughing his *** off thats its being played at mlg...
Maybe sakurais waiting for the comunity to come to him, he knows about meeles depth, and the community hes probly viewing the boards saying holy **** theyre actualky gonna except that crap, I was about to start on the real version but since theyrne not protesting i just wont bother... Ill wait and see hopefully this "community" dies before they all come running at me demanding a melee sequal....

Sudai

Stuff here
ShyG, people have different taste. For a while, I enjoyed Brawl more, then it got stale. A lot of people prefer the slower pace and the lack of tech though. I don't understand it either, but it's not something we will be able to understand because we can't relate. lol

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
ShyG, people have different taste. For a while, I enjoyed Brawl more, then it got stale. A lot of people prefer the slower pace and the lack of tech though. I don't understand it either, but it's not something we will be able to understand because we can't relate. lol

There's not really much to understand about it. Fast pace and tech skill aren't necessary for a game to be fun. Brawl is still fun even without the assets of Melee, and that's why people play it. A lot of Melee players have accustomed their standards of a fun smash game based on their Melee experience, and that's the reason why a lot of Melee players don't like Brawl, same as how many Smash64 players don't like Melee or Brawl. I used to think that way, and still do to some extent, but I've come to enjoy Brawl for what it offers, (even though it's a lot less than Melee IMO.)

The only thing that makes Brawl not fun to me is..............................MetaKnight.

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
I agree...Melee is one of those games you can play over and over and it never gets old...Brawl on the other hand....It's like Sakurai gave us the middle finger...Like seriously, Brawl was very hyped up back when it was being made, but when it came out, it was a serious letdown....

Examples:
crappy online mode(Even Mario Kart has a better online mode than Brawl's)
MetaKnight( The most broken character ever...nuff said.)
No At's like wavedashing, L canceling Etc...( That's what made Melee so good)
Tripping(URGH. IT WASN'T EVEN NECESSARY IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:)

That's all I think of off the top of my head...
Its not the advanvanced tactics persay(or whatvr), but how theyre implented into fights making matches fun even to watch its what gives melees characters there unique styles, but in brawl everycharacter feels the same...its clearly designed for simple fun matches or a party game....

its those individual character specific techs that made it unique every character had theyre own strategies and not having l-cancelling is bad enough but the **** floaty engine doesnt even give characters different types of wieght or movement... uhhh its so bad mostly cuz melee is so good.. i think if they kept it with melees engine it would have been perfect.

Ok imagine u have melees cast minus Doc,roy,pichu,mewtwo,

alright now they wanted to add flying ok cool...but they accidently made everycharacter fly Whoops... Ok its easy to picture lucas and lucario just put lucarios moves on Mewtwo and Lucas on Ness..that was easy...
both fairly floaty in melees engine
Ok Metaknight just imagine jigglypuff with metas attacks ok that works well, again floaty but with serious attack skills why the f do u need a tornado that overpowerpowers every attack? ok make it last 1 second

Wolf- alright forget about brawl wolf and make him more like fox and falco...3 space animals nuff said another fast-faller inbetween falco and falcon

Olimar - ok theres nothing to compare him to but hes def. not suposse to be that floaty, make him almost fast-faller ish but not too much grap sides wit pikmin
he really fits well and is unique

Snake - Another new character heavy lots of projectiles not too slow, upsmash slide yay, ok change his dair to sumthing usefull, hes got good tilts like shiek except not used the same,thats cuz all his smashes are nifty tools, hes good in terms of speed with l-cancel...hmmm we might need to change that fair something better to protect him from his vulnerable off stage position. heavy like link

DEDEDE ok big guy, bowser size almost with hammer... bad WD so lets change that downb to counter, ok hes good w/canceling

zamus - indunno just make a shiek esque character with a whip and a gun but also give her shieks bad dash dance uhoh, but like that kind of movement and weight..

ROB - OK his up b is too good, good character very melee esque feeling already, love the projectiles,

IKE - Alright - so new roy, hes bigger and heavyer though, his moves work well with canceling, slow and strong

Diddy - uh pretty fast, but he aint suppose to be floaty... so adjust his moves air and smash to fit a faster character,

sonic - ibdunno hes fast and hard to hit, better control, beter areal smashes, projecyile, he could have a good grab mix up game..

Pit - pretty easy transition, like a small marth with wings, and arrown spam, good recovery...

Alright now forget about wario cuz doesnt go, PT naaa, Toon link i dunno he can stay i gyess
But also bring back doc

Alright slight changes to balance melee cast mostly the bottom Link,kirby,bowser,ness,yoshi,gw get buffed then pal nerfs at top no woble, side b recovery, bigger shield,attact out of up b,egg and shield, tounge wall grab, samus transform, DK revover verticle,bowser speed up fire breth cancel movable,side b grab,Link get good up smash bettrrvaroiws mario, down b better, some other stuff

etc...

Isaac - sword character similar to marth, more horizontal slices, element b moves

megaman - charge b , down b change 2nd gun , side shoot 2nd weapon

ok make online work or try and then bam

just made the real brawl with melees engine and theres so much new crap casual people can barely tell, all the melee are happy except a few that dont like it cuz its to much like melee...well **** those people

Savon

Smash Ace
Why does it always have to be a comparison war? We should be waging war on the OTHER fighting games.

In all seriousness though I like brawl as well as melee, however the simple fact of the matter is that I enjoy Brawl more than melee. The character variety along with the new features is more appealing to me. When I am not playing competitive brawl I play the game with my friends with items on and like 20 lives. Simply put, we have more fun playing Brawl together than melee together. I will not immediately call one better than another, but each has its own pros and cons.

Regardless, WE MUST DESTROY THE OTHER FIGHTING GAMES INSTEAD OF ONE ANOTHER! :mad:

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
c'mon guys...that was so 2 years ago. i thought we learned to deal with this already. no need to break down what makes each game fun or what they should have.
the point is you play the game thats actually there - and get good at it. even if everyone had their own version of smash exactly as they wanted, each person would be just as good or horrible at their game as they are at real melee and brawl, no johns.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Um yea. RJ spotted Hyro at LSU this past week. Somewhere around Nicholson Hall. We was wondering if that nugguh signed up for Uppercut, son? Brawl practice like every week, ya heard?.

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
no...its not like brawl is just different its also like a worse version of melee / theres good reason for people getting bored with it...its not supppose to be played as a "real" fighting game and neither was melee im guessing(but explain to me the 50-100 or however many advanced techs and game changing additions i dunoo), its just melee happened to be incdedibly deep,good,fun,amazing... i dont have bias cuz i played melee first(i played 64 first)...that is one thing i do envy about people that started with brawl,..they still havent explored the depths of melee.

Melee is just flat out a better game in everyway possible... in some cases simpler can be better but not in this case... Brawl has one character that dominates the entire cast the engine is less advanced it makes all the melee characters look terrible except like g&w DK bowser.... there lack of any cancelling and the terrible floaty engine even ruined the few well designed characters..allowing one character complete control.. its not about speed either, melee can be played slow, melee fights can break out into projectile spam and defensive play but it also gives the player more options in melee u could have say 50 possible options while in brawl u have a much lower number for everyone except metaknight whos so broken sometimes it doesnt even matter.. The only fun i had in the game was eventually ruined by the engine making my character flawed... it forced me into a position where i had to play defensively and obvious proof of the games design flaws for playing a 1 on 1 match... thats not suppose to happen in a fighting game espicially in its 3 instalment...so the games not meant for it. In melee due to the better physics those types of problems can be overcome with canceling or something besides standing. Basicly i got stuck while i was attacking...i dunno is that how brawl is played? You learn all the moves and then just wait and plan? I did a combo against an opponent with olimar for 50% and from that point on i was forced into a position where i had to take damage.... ok well theres nothhng better i could have done besides staying still and spaming and if thats what brawl is i dont like it... a game that promotes camping? instead of comboing i was suppose to do nothing? ok how bout i just do nothing from the start... cuz i dont feel like sitting around waiting in a game that i dont like anyways... i did a combo that to more skill and it was a bad thing? I mean in melee theres stuff like that but theres usually enough options and its one hit... alright so maybe there is some strategy in brawl but its not any fun to me..... and that sounds like is a slow version of melee except instead of a one hit trade i do 50 damage in trade for a stock...thats not a better game imo.. it takes less skill in every possible way except i have to learn the whole game and all the characters but i already know 1 character beats all the other ones... ok, dead game put em in melee so we can have fun..... i liked olimar as a character as well as a few others but at that moment i just said f this game.... Alright so someone explain what makes brawl good or even close to melee in terms of a competitive game and why doesnt everyone just use metaknight? Thats aggravating i wanted to play olimar in brawl and battos like no u gotta play metaknight...thats stupid i cant even play the character i want. I know characters in melee suck but i felt like olimar was good enough the problem is the game.

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
c'mon guys...that was so 2 years ago. i thought we learned to deal with this already. no need to break down what makes each game fun or what they should have.
the point is you play the game thats actually there - and get good at it. even if everyone had their own version of smash exactly as they wanted, each person would be just as good or horrible at their game as they are at real melee and brawl, no johns.
whatever...u know ud trade in brawl for melee 2.0 in a second

id trade in brawl for 1 new character in melee (and i can in the land of make believe)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
edit: less meanie-head
defensive play is part of fighting games and often the main style (most MvC2 teams). Melee has actually evolved since brawl came out, and learned to become a more defensive game.
A TRULY campy melee Fox on Dreamland 64? Or a Jigs? Melee can be very frustratingly campy as well. and frustrating with ridiculous gimps and instant-death combos.

i AGREE with you, in that i think melee is a better game. But i dont think that matters. who are you trying to convince? people's opinion is based off what they find fun, not what you do.

u can play who u want in brawl, u dont need MK. you just have to BE very good to DO good. (just like in melee). Brawl can be more frustrating if you're not good because at least in melee when you get ***** its in half the time.

When u lose in brawl its a much longer struggle of making many more mistakes and THATS Why its discouraging. In melee..the game can be over from you making just a few mistakes - and u lose quickly. In brawl, you watch your mindgames and attempts fail...and fail...and fail. lol Brawl is a more mentally demanding game.

You've tried high tiers in melee, too, but they didn't help you're tournament performance either, so i dont know why brawl's imbalance should effect you at all. and if its just its physics and nature of play, then thats just your opinion on fun.
I personally find melee funner when i'm in a more reflexive-mood, and i find brawl funner when i'm in a more strategic-mood. But I get very 'smashed-out' from playing either in a short while. Especially discouraged and passive auto-pilot mode play when i dissociate - even in mid-match. But thats off topic and shoop dop flaming diarrhea puppies. anyway i'm going eat hydroponic mushrooms. lata.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Um yea. RJ spotted Hyro at LSU this past week. Somewhere around Nicholson Hall. We was wondering if that nugguh signed up for Uppercut, son? Brawl practice like every week, ya heard?.
So far I saw a wild Vaughn on campus...I saw Jaime too at the tiger uppercut booth at the organization fair.

Nah I didn't join, not planning on it since I don't play any games anymore except for brawl...and thats usually in tourney. But I still might showup for some "meetings" once in a while if I don't have anything going on.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
So far I saw a wild Vaughn on campus...I saw Jaime too at the tiger uppercut booth at the organization fair.

Nah I didn't join, not planning on it since I don't play any games anymore except for brawl...and thats usually in tourney. But I still might showup for some "meetings" once in a while if I don't have anything going on.
Cool beans bro, cool beans!

Hyro

Smash Lord
:(

Does anyone wanna come pick me up from LSU and take me to NOLA :(((

text meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I HAVE A LOT OF GAS MONEYS

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
@cyphus

well i wasnt talking about my tournament performance but since you felt the need to bring it up i guess all I can say is given the oprrotunity id glady give u a good match or a better one if i could get there but i dont think ive ever played u in a tournament...Im not saying Im amazing but id like to think my melee game has improved and id be glad to show u.... ive been practicing a good bit and i have a few people that can vouch for me in freddy and tim...and i plan on trying getting even better..if u want we can have a simple money match at some point... but i typed up all my opinons and cr@p for the good of the board and community and all i get is an i agree and then a jab at my tournament performances...no nice ideas,debate or anything like that. but ok whatever...

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
alright well u did give some debate atleast but still i wasnt even being offensive or attacking anyone i dont understand the attack on me well whatever i guess im done posting for right now anyways

nvm.... i guess im preaching to the choir if yall all like brawl then fine.. i guess my posts maybe offensive to brawl players but thats the exact opposite of my intent...

ughhh f this im going to watch threes company

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
So I've been thinking of a story to cover up how I'm going to MLG DC. This is what I have so far:

I have a class called Judicial Processes, and the teacher has offered us a chance to go to DC to watch a U.S. Supreme Court case, as well as take a tour of DC.

I have to look up all of the logistics and costs and stuff, but I'm liking this idea for now.

Top Bottom