• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I'm going and also worth noting that I can get us rooms at a marriott for 59~79 bucks a night. Add in the extra occupant fee and its still under 100 a night assuming 4 ppl per room. we have to get definite numbers though asap

edit: also remember that registration is gonna open on oct 16 and sell out with the quickness

pickle962

Smash Lord
After watching two seconds of the first vid, I X'd out.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Oh yeah...Who could forget the talking crotch....

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm going and also worth noting that I can get us rooms at a marriott for 59~79 bucks a night. Add in the extra occupant fee and its still under 100 a night assuming 4 ppl per room. we have to get definite numbers though asap

edit: also remember that registration is gonna open on oct 16 and sell out with the quickness
Heads up, it's 10/6.

So 2 nights is less than $200 total for housing?

Oh, what? LSU/Alabama game is that day. What was MLG thinking?

Curlz

Smash Lord
So takers for Dallas are:

Curlz
Lee Martin
Jiovanni
Ran
Hyro
BSL?

Jio, I'd want to get a room at the venue unless you can swing a deal that we literally couldn't pass up.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm very tentative. If LSU sucks at football this year, I'm gonna try. If they are good, I'm not missing Alabama.

Give me a week or two to find out.

So just to get it all straight, we'd carpool to Dallas, right? When would we leave? After school or would we skip school? Just a quick rundown, please, so I can pass it by the parents.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm missing school that day. If I recall correctly, MLG Kickoff Friday starts around 6pm (Lee, feel free to correct me here), so we'll need to leave around 11am. Dallas is a 6 hour drive, assuming we don't stop much / obey the speed limit.

Edit: If 6 people go, the room would be ~$70/person for 2 nights. I'll offer to sleep on the floor if a friend of mine can room with us as well.

Edit2: Although, I wouldn't mind sleeping with Lee. But not in the way you're thinking <3

In a gay way.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Edit: If 6 people go, the room would be ~$70/person for 2 nights. I'll offer to sleep on the floor if a friend of mine can room with us as well.
With my deal we could get 2 separate rooms with 3~4 ppl per room for less than 6 people a room. For us without rich parents this may be a deal breaker. I'll have the full info tomorrow though.

Curlz

Smash Lord
For us without rich parents this may be a deal breaker. I'll have the full info tomorrow though.
I actually take that offensively :-/
I'm actually working/saving up my money for this trip, so you hush!

But its up to everyone else. I'm fine with 2 separate rooms. I just don't want the normal LA tardiness to happen and have us get DQ'd from the tourny.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
You **** kids and your tardiness. :p

I'm up late... And need to sleep, but having no luck.

I'm gonna share a story with you crazies up in here.

A long time ago in the days of old, a young man was walking down the war-torn streets of 'Nam. That's 'Vietnam' for you punk ***** who don't know what's what. Anyways, this young man had slain so many of those **** charlie that his skin was stained red with the blood of his enemies. This kid's name was Nick Wiggins. He liked to destroy anything that was destructible... Which means he destroyed anything... Like... Everything.... Don't question it.
He was chillin in the cut with his homies when a homeless man started trippin hard... Like, mad hard....

And to show this smelly bum what was up, Nick uppercutted the bum into the stratosphere.... And he went on later in life to be awesome.

-The End-

Moral of the story. Don't walk up on my crew if you don't wanna get uppercutted..... Into the stratosphere. Real talk.

Dammit I am tired. GO SAINTS.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty

A long time ago in the days of old, a young man was walking down the war-torn streets of 'Nam. That's 'Vietnam' for you punk ***** who don't know what's what. Anyways, this young man had slain so many of those **** charlie that his skin was stained red with the blood of his enemies. This kid's name was Nick Wiggins. He liked to destroy anything that was destructible... Which means he destroyed anything... Like... Everything.... Don't question it.
He was chillin in the cut with his homies when a homeless man started trippin hard... Like, mad hard....

And to show this smelly bum what was up, Nick uppercutted the bum into the stratosphere.... And he went on later in life to be awesome.

-The End-

Moral of the story. Don't walk up on my crew if you don't wanna get uppercutted..... Into the stratosphere. Real talk.

Ice Mann? Is that you? lol but seriously that is something Ice Mann-esque right there. And FECK YEA go Saints.

I know yall were all talking about MLG Dallas, which I plan on going to, but I was talking about MLG D.C., as in District of Columbia, as in the one that registration starts in a few days. I know Lee is a given. Anyone else interested? Lee call me/text/PM me when you see this.

-Ran

Smash Master
Good night everyone.

I <3 you all.

Geaux Saints.

I most likely won't be making the Anime con due to work.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744

-The End-

Great!
Story!
tell it a-
gain!

eet

Smash Ace

-The End-

so youre an aged Vietnam vet, who beats up homeless people? :o

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I actually take that offensively :-/
I'm actually working/saving up my money for this trip, so you hush!

But its up to everyone else. I'm fine with 2 separate rooms. I just don't want the normal LA tardiness to happen and have us get DQ'd from the tourny.
who really wants to sleep 6 to a room when you don't have to? that's normally just to cut costs. we can all have a nice comfy bed or roll away. with 6 ppl we could do 3 to a room but we wont know for sure til after registration then we can figure it out. I'll get more exact prices after i get off work tonight though

edit: jnig go to dc

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Double post for awesomeness.

So I looked up the employee Marriott Hotel Prices and here's what I got.

The hotel is currently $35 a room for 4 people staying per night @ 2 nights for $70. I'm assuming that JNig and one other person will jump on the bandwagon (hopefully Everett). I will have my car fixed by then so I'll go ahead and volunteer myself to drive one carpool. The hotel is 517 miles from my house which is really close to Dibbz. Round trip I'll just round to 1100 miles for intercity travel. Assuming 25mpg in my car and gas running $2.75 total gas cost will be around $121 for the round trip total. So assuming a carpool in my whip of 4 people we can look at a travel/lodging cost of ~$47.75 which is close to $50. The venue for Dallas is still TBA so I'm unsure how far it is away. If it happens to be at a Marriott hotel I can still get a discounted rate, but since a large convention would be there the price per night would go up to about $100 per night.

tl;dr version:
-Hotel is $35 a night for 2 nights or $17.50 person before tax
-Gas in Jio's car ~$30 a person
-Total cost for gas and hotel in Jio's carpool ~$50.00
-Definitely getting 2 rooms.
-May get a room at the venue

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i broke my toe doing a front hand spring.
so i am NOT WORKING this weekend.

i'm ready to **** some smash though. Are there any carpools of smashers going to any tourney this weekend w/ room for one more?

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm heading out now to Baton Rouge. I'll see everyone there.

$5 entry and $17 Friday fee. Be sure to bring enough money!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
so guys. i'm going to lafreniere park to play some ultimate on saturday, september 18. some of you may know this already, but that is RIGHT ****ING BY DIBBZ. who wants to go to dibbz next saturday to play some smash?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Double post for awesomeness.

So I looked up the employee Marriott Hotel Prices and here's what I got.

The hotel is currently $35 a room for 4 people staying per night @ 2 nights for $70. I'm assuming that JNig and one other person will jump on the bandwagon (hopefully Everett). I will have my car fixed by then so I'll go ahead and volunteer myself to drive one carpool. The hotel is 517 miles from my house which is really close to Dibbz. Round trip I'll just round to 1100 miles for intercity travel. Assuming 25mpg in my car and gas running $2.75 total gas cost will be around $121 for the round trip total. So assuming a carpool in my whip of 4 people we can look at a travel/lodging cost of ~$47.75 which is close to $50. The venue for Dallas is still TBA so I'm unsure how far it is away. If it happens to be at a Marriott hotel I can still get a discounted rate, but since a large convention would be there the price per night would go up to about $100 per night.

tl;dr version:
-Hotel is $35 a night for 2 nights or $17.50 person before tax
-Gas in Jio's car ~$30 a person
-Total cost for gas and hotel in Jio's carpool ~$50.00
-Definitely getting 2 rooms.
-May get a room at the venue
So it's $50 total for gas and the room for each person? Sounds sweet. I'll see if I can go! If your car gets full, I'm sure someone else will be carpooling. LA FTW!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ya, Lasers and Food and Liquor II right? I just read some interview where he went off on that **** and talked about how a lot of his leaks recently weren't from Lasers which was supposedly finished two and a half years ago.

Atlantic records should understand what kind of person Lupe is by now. They're only going to be losing money by holding out for longer.

Top Bottom