• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

ChKn

Smash Ace
If anyone can bring a setup for Laffy friendlies tomorrow, plz let me know.

Also, MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT FOR BEYBRAWL:

I talked to the owner of the store today and he said that it will be feasible for us to get back some sort of cash-related prize(Visa gift cards, etc.). In addition, he would like to have people pre-registered. The people who preregister will be put in a drawing for a prize. The tournament will start at 11:30 with signups an hour earlier.

Please let me know if you are able to come in this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264945

Hyro

Smash Lord
Someone was looking for a character to beat falco. I think it was Blaine?
Pick kirby lolz. Because Falco doesn't cg kirby, kirby cgs falco :D
huh

if you're talking about the "gonzo combo", fthrow -> uair -> grab -> dthrow -> utilt....that doesn't work at all. You can smash DI the uair to the right sooo easily and that's the end of the combo.

ChKn

Smash Ace
huh

if you're talking about the "gonzo combo", fthrow -> uair -> grab -> dthrow -> utilt....that doesn't work at all. You can smash DI the uair to the right sooo easily and that's the end of the combo.
I used to hit that combo on people all the time until they realized that. I just basically do dthrow -> utilt -> bair/upb.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I just got the fliers for FFF and I posted them around Laffy. I expect at least 40 people for the Brawl tourny.
Posted at Anime and Games, FYE, Hot Topic, and Gamestop.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I used to hit that combo on people all the time until they realized that. I just basically do dthrow -> utilt -> bair/upb.
no **** that i'd smash di the utilt so hard i'd get star ko'ed

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
so like i moved in with a friend. so its just the 2 of us, in a HOUSE in Raceland (closer to no/br than houma), and anytime any of my lovely friends here would like to chill, they should holla at me.
transportation is still very limited for me, so i hope to catch up with anyone whose got a free night or so. melee, brawl, drinkin, smokin, anything is game here. =]

ChKn

Smash Ace
Let me know. I'll get in contact with Ken and Oath if we can get that. If we have friendlies tomorrow, bring $7, for pre-registering.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Someone was looking for a character to beat falco. I think it was Blaine?
Pick kirby lolz. Because Falco doesn't cg kirby, kirby cgs falco :D
My god this post has everything wrong with it.

Kirby doesn't cg anyone, he combos in and out of his grabs at low %.

Falco DEFINITELY cg's kirby.

****ing n00b.

BSP

Smash Legend
I would consider Falco vs. Kirby even if Falco knows what he's doing.

You should pick Sonic lol, not many people actually know what to do against him.

Curlz

Smash Lord

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
My god this post has everything wrong with it.

Kirby doesn't cg anyone, he combos in and out of his grabs at low %.

Falco DEFINITELY cg's kirby.

****ing n00b.
No one gives a **** what Falco does.

If you want to **** up Falco, just pick whoever the **** you think will get the job done. Want to make it an accomplishment? Then pick Ganon

Pritch

Smash Lord
so like i moved in with a friend. so its just the 2 of us, in a HOUSE in Raceland (closer to no/br than houma), and anytime any of my lovely friends here would like to chill, they should holla at me.
transportation is still very limited for me, so i hope to catch up with anyone whose got a free night or so. melee, brawl, drinkin, smokin, anything is game here. =]
I have a friend at UNO who goes home to raceland literally every weekend. He's still kind of learning, but has a pretty reasonable fox. Pretty technical, just needs to learn to play smarter. His name's Wes, you might have played him over the christmas break, not sure.

Anyways, he'll probably want to play with you now that you're over there.

dmanwon

Smash Cadet
beside the late february tourney, is there any other melee things planned for the next few months?

Curlz

Smash Lord
beside the late february tourney, is there any other melee things planned for the next few months?
Melee March Madness should be late March. There isn't a set time for it yet, but people are working on it.

Its supposed to be at The Chinese Inn in Baton Rouge. you'll have to talk to Bomber, RJPunch, or Meta_Sonic if you want more info on it.

Top Bottom