• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Jnig, point me to some combos.

TvC at Gware? I'm there.

Jio, you do know I'm staying all three days, right?
lame, might have to borrow the woman's car then so in case anyone from NOLA only wants to go one day pm me.

Jio:

http://ehsia.com/making-a-universal-arcade-stick/

EDIT: OHHHHH, I thought you wanted to make it universal. Never mind. It's because its 8 in the morning....yeahhhh. I'll just leave that link there.
Yeah not the question I asked but still really useful if I wanna play SF4 on ps3. Mostly I just need to buy some parts and not be lazy lol.

TvC is too good. I brought it over last time I was at dibz, but folks horded brawl sooooo...Anyone playing Zero might want to learn some blaster combo's. That's where the serious damage comes into play.
What do u mean serious damage? Everyone does BILLIONS of damage with combos lol.

'V'

Smash Lord
TvC is too good. I brought it over last time I was at dibz, but folks horded brawl sooooo...Anyone playing Zero might want to learn some blaster combo's. That's where the serious damage comes into play.
Totally got that covered. It's all about buffering it out of other moves. Small Z-buster shots are awesome for combo-ing.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Who are all these new F@gs?

edit for no reason.

you all bi. And I'm not high, cause I don't do drugs anymore LOL!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
IMPORTANT POST!

Ok, so the LSU gaming club meeting is tomorrow, and I'm going to tell them about the upcoming Brawl tourney. I have to get paperwork and meet with the sponsor to sign it, blablabla, and it has to be at least 2 weeks from when I turn in the forms in order to advertise everywhere on-campus.

I plan on having it the weekend on March 13th. It doesn't have to be on this weekend, but this is the earliest weekend it can be.

Questions:
Is March 13th ok? Or is it too soon?

What day would you guys prefer: Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Should I advertise OoS?

Should this become LA's biannual tourney with OoS hype? (I think it could...)

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
IMPORTANT POST!

Ok, so the LSU gaming club meeting is tomorrow, and I'm going to tell them about the upcoming Brawl tourney. I have to get paperwork and meet with the sponsor to sign it, blablabla, and it has to be at least 2 weeks from when I turn in the forms in order to advertise everywhere on-campus.

I plan on having it the weekend on March 13th. It doesn't have to be on this weekend, but this is the earliest weekend it can be.

Questions:
Is March 13th ok? Or is it too soon?

What day would you guys prefer: Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Should I advertise OoS?

Should this become LA's biannual tourney with OoS hype? (I think it could...)
It depends on how late the venue can be open until, when the tourny starts, yadayadayada, and housing has to be pro, pro as in people will actually have a place to stay. Also smash tournys have a tendency to run pretty late into the night, so take that into consideration. Other than that, sounds c00l br0

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
It depends on how late the venue can be open until, when the tourny starts, yadayadayada, and housing has to be pro, pro as in people will actually have a place to stay. Also smash tournys have a tendency to run pretty late into the night, so take that into consideration. Other than that, sounds c00l br0
Venue stays open till whenever. They don't care cuz no one uses it.

I'm probably gonna do Saturday, considering school would make it start too late on Friday, and a Sunday tourney is a no-no. It'll start at noon, so it won't last too long into the night.

The only thing I can't really estimate is how many LSU students are gonna enter, but I'm hoping for a decent amount since I know what I'm doing this time.

So about housing... I could house a couple of people in my dorm room! But ONLY 2 or 3 people, so I'll contact a few people, and hopefully others will be willing to step up.

I have a plan for parking that involves Nick. Hopefully I can contact him about it...

Blaino

Smash Cadet
March 13th is cool with me. Whoo just had deja vu. Don't care about the day. OoS would be cool, but really depends if they would come or not. Affirmative to a biannual tourney with the hype. You are better than Lee.

Curlz

Smash Lord
If you're gonna hype for OoS then March 13 might be too early, but it sounds good to me. I'll try to make it.

To answer your questions:

Too early
Saturday
You can try
I don't see why not.

Sudai

Stuff here
Saturday has the highest chances of anyone more than an hour away coming, as you said. Don't know why you're even asking people's opinions on that one. :p

As for the rest, if you want it to me a large tournament, the only thing you need to ask us for is support. No matter how good of a TO you are, you -will- need support to run a large tourney, but I think you'll have more than enough support from the LA community cause..well...we're awesome.

So really, the only questions you need to ask are "Are you up to organizing, promoting, and running a large scale tournament?" and "What weekend would be best for OoS attendance?" Need to avoid scheduling it near other big tournaments. Avoid Phase Weekends, avoid WHOBO months, should probably try to avoid HOBO weekends, but attendance to those seems to be dieing. You'd probably need to look at tournies in the South West as well, depending on how big you want this to get.

Oh, and March 13th is probably way too early if you want more than just part of Texas to come.

I'm sure this is all stuff you know already, but just pointing it out in case it slipped your mind.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Who are all these new F@gs?

edit for no reason.

you all bi. And I'm not high, cause I don't do drugs anymore LOL!
there's no way that could be right!

march 13th is the only weekend i can do it in march. i have spanish and math convention on the 20th and 27th weekends respectively.

isnt there going to be a MMM tournament or something? is this it? when will that be?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Let's see...

Blaine, lol.
Turok, answering ALL the questions would've been nice...
Curlz, ty for your answers.

Sudai, the help I seek is for setups, tables and housing. Everything else, I'm confident can handle. Next HOBO is March 6th, plus midterms that week, so I wasn't gonna have it then anyway. WHOBO 2 is April. Going to PM UTD Zac for date for the next Phase (current one is the 20th).

Making one whole's month's notice beforehand should be enough considering I'm not expecting lots and lots of OoS people to come this first time, yet I want it to build up for the ones to follow.

Bsl, MMM is Melee March Madness. Completely different than what I'm doing. I'll make the thread either tonight or tomorrow. The date is tentative right now; I want to hear feedback from you guys and OoS people. Basically, I want it to be either the 13th or 20th.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Let's see...

Blaine, lol.
Turok, answering ALL the questions would've been nice...
Curlz, ty for your answers.

Sudai, the help I seek is for setups, tables and housing. Everything else, I'm confident can handle. Next HOBO is March 6th, plus midterms that week, so I wasn't gonna have it then anyway. WHOBO 2 is April. Going to PM UTD Zac for date for the next Phase (current one is the 20th).

Making one whole's month's notice beforehand should be enough considering I'm not expecting lots and lots of OoS people to come this first time, yet I want it to build up for the ones to follow.

Bsl, MMM is Melee March Madness. Completely different than what I'm doing. I'll make the thread either tonight or tomorrow. The date is tentative right now; I want to hear feedback from you guys and OoS people. Basically, I want it to be either the 13th or 20th.
13th please. Saturday definitely. OoS is cool, im not winning anyway. biannual would be a good thing.

does MMM have to actually be in march? April would be way cooler. like the 3rd. cause then i would have a much greater chance of making it. well, that would be the only chance i could make it, unless the 6th of march (hobo=no go).... and your midterms.

edit: the dragon box's power level is OVER 9000!!!!

i cant wait to get mine.

Curlz

Smash Lord
JNig, I could use TripleF to help hype up your tournament if you want. Also, if you need any help running it, I'll help you out if I'm there such as calling out matches, running brackets, etc.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I would see how it turns out first before catering to oos. You don't want people to come oss for a less than perfect experience.
I see your point. Maybe just TX people this one, and if it turns out great, get more people for the next one?

EDIT: I think I know what I should do: Just focus on getting as many in-state people here as possible, therefore I can try to maintain that turnout + add OoS people for the next one.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its funny because im basically going through the exact same process out here in rochester....

my tourneys on the same weekend too. lol

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Justin, you know we have, a few tables at the house, and a HOUSE.

By the looks of it I'll house Houma if they wanna go.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I don't know why, but I feel Triple F isn't getting enough hype. I finally have all the rulesets up for each event. People need to spread the word and get as many people to come.

'V'

Smash Lord
Hey Arcadia, do this for me cause you are my real friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wqxbLcn6_M&feature=sub
I actually came really close to it back in the day. Got mine down to 5 seconds flat.

On a side note, Gameware Monthly 14 is next week on Friday, Feb 19th. We've got tourneys for Naruto, Tekken 6, TvC, and SF4. We'll probably manage 2 setups for each because each game goes by rather quickly and we don't expect to get that big of a turnout, but we could be wrong of course.

We'll have casual gaming of course, but we strongly recommend Melee over Brawl this time if people insist on smash.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Someone should have a smashfest or something next week. I have the whole week off T_T.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I do too, and I'm gonna be in NOLA. Pre Mardi Gras smashfest at dibbz anyone?

Edit: Since Hyro isn't able to get to a computer, shouldn't someone else be running the OP?

Pritch

Smash Lord
And I'm not high, cause I don't do drugs anymore LOL!
I don't believe you

We'll have casual gaming of course, but we strongly recommend Melee over Brawl this time if people insist on smash.
I may swing by. Been forever since I played a naruto game and I don't have a wii to practice the new one so I don't know if I"ll enter that, but I'll definitely bring a melee setup if I come.

I miss LA

But I love getting back into smash.
Sup, Ram!

Hyro

Smash Lord
I do too, and I'm gonna be in NOLA. Pre Mardi Gras smashfest at dibbz anyone?

Edit: Since Hyro isn't able to get to a computer, shouldn't someone else be running the OP?
When did I say I wasn't able to get to a computer? Did you not notice all the old tournies deleted and the new ones up? I can't get them 5 minutes after they're posted, sorry.

Anyways.....99% I left my watch in someones car on the way back from hobo 22. Someone lemme know...that'd be the second $300 thing I lost in the past month...

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
When did I say I wasn't able to get to a computer? Did you not notice all the old tournies deleted and the new ones up? I can't get them 5 minutes after they're posted, sorry.

Anyways.....99% I left my watch in someones car on the way back from hobo 22. Someone lemme know...that'd be the second $300 thing I lost in the past month...
What was the first?

TUROK! GET PERMISSION FOR FFF!!!! ....dammit!

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

$300 watch? Ballin' much? Wish i could go to Dibbz this weekend but I gotta work 12+ hours friday - wednesday.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Sorry, I thought I remembered you posting something a while back saying you can't get on the computer or something, I thought someone else was editing the OP while you were out.

eet

Smash Ace
psh, I saw that ***** freddy snort a xanax like 4 days ago.. lol. (but it does suck about your state-enforced drug testing :( - ill smoke a blunt of OG kush to you, my homie)

Top Bottom