• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So now true happiness stems from relationships? Still, you're circumventing the question. Truth or hapiness, which is more important?
Well the honest fact is that is up to the individual.

Now as for me in my case that's a bit hard answer because for most things I believe that there should be a balance. Because it is true that we should seek the truth, we should want to know truths because that is how we learn, it's how we know things. However I believe that what is the worth in having everything in the world (acquired by "truth" or not) if you just aren't happy? It's like you're asking me, would I rather have a diet of starving myself or being a gluttonous pig and stuffing my face at every meal? Neither is a good option, the best thing to do is to go with the median, to eat in moderation, like such such I think it is important to have a balance between truth and happiness. And this answer has been made by an individual: Me.

I mean duh, the world is relative. some people get happiness from the idea that there a man in the sky with a plan for them in his heart of hearts!1 and some people get happiness sucking my dick. some people are your mom.

edit for more thnks to vaughn lol

and some people like to talk about religion, and some people dont and like to instead spam the same picture. and some people like to check the brawl back rooms and talk about stage selection like it matters, and some people dont care and get high.
Eric you make me lol. ALOT

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Well the honest fact is that is up to the individual.

Now as for me in my case that's a bit hard answer because for most things I believe that there should be a balance. Because it is true that we should seek the truth, we should want to know truths because that is how we learn, it's how we know things. However I believe that what is the worth in having everything in the world (acquired by "truth" or not) if you just aren't happy? It's like you're asking me, would I rather have a diet of starving myself or being a gluttonous pig and stuffing my face at every meal? Neither is a good option, the best thing to do is to go with the median, to eat in moderation, like such such I think it is important to have a balance between truth and happiness. And this answer has been made by an individual: Me.

Eric you make me lol. ALOT
Alright, so what if my happiness came from killing massive ammounts of Jews in concentration camps? Obviously something is flawed. And there is only one truth. Even without knowing the truth, such can be determined.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Holy **** shut the **** up. Talk about a topic and move the **** on. It's been like 3 days now. All you guys are doing are repeating OTHER people's opinions and going in circles.

Bomber, if you feel like hearing what everyone has to say just read this link they posted. K.

http://alphacoursereview.wordpress.com/

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
if your happiness came from killing massive amounts of jews, you obviously have a mental disorder. and up there somewhere, some comment about religion being bogus was made. i am gonna go ahead and say, no matter how many physics problems you come up with about the universe. whether or not you can predict ever single thing that will ever happen with them, you would not and can not convince me that it all happened by chance. there has to be something that put it all together somehow. a "god" so to speak. i call myself a catholic, but i most likely am not. contradictions everywhere make religions flawed. i dont think religions are bogus, but there is a true religion. we just havent figured it out yet. for all i know, no religion that has existed so far had it right. once one gets it right, then there wont be multiple religions. the true religion would be blatantly obvious that its right and the others are wrong. or something like that.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Alright, so what if my happiness came from killing massive ammounts of Jews in concentration camps? Obviously something is flawed. And there is only one truth. Even without knowing the truth, such can be determined.
and you are absolutely right there is a flaw in gaining such happiness in something so bad as mass genocide. Could it be that really the mass genocide is not a form of happiness but a form of pleasure? There is a discrete difference you know. If you must go through a massive genocide that indicates that you were are not satisfied and pleasure can never truly be satisfying. Instead you repeat your action killing to gain that pleasure and make yourself feel "happy".

'V'

Smash Lord
Holy **** shut the **** up. Talk about a topic and move the **** on. It's been like 3 days now. All you guys are doing are repeating OTHER people's opinions and going in circles.
That's kinda along the lines of what I wanted to say, but definitely not that mean... lol

Hyro gets a few points for style in my book.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
So in man's search for happiness, he creates God and influence the world in massive ways.
The creation of God (or a god) and the utilization of said God (or gods) as a means to an end are two completely unrelated topics. A god is usually created to explain things that the people of that time don't understand, while the use of one for bitter purposes is done by someone with an agenda, after the creation already happened. For example, say someone uses God's name to start a war (see Inquisition, Crusades, or recent terrorist activity, for instance). That is in direct contradiction with a Commandment. God didn't start the war, religion didn't start the war, but someone with aspirations of the domination of a country, religion, etc, did. God said let there be light, man said let's use this light to make a laser that can wipe out an entire continent.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
if your happiness came from killing massive amounts of jews, you obviously have a mental disorder. .
And creating an imaginary god to worship doesn't result from mental disorders?

and you are absolutely right there is a flaw in gaining such happiness in something so bad as mass genocide. Could it be that really the mass genocide is not a form of happiness but a form of pleasure? There is a discrete difference you know. If you must go through a massive genocide that indicates that you were are not satisfied and pleasure can never truly be satisfying. Instead you repeat your action killing to gain that pleasure and make yourself feel "happy".
So are there different types of happiness then? Who are you to say that your version of happiness is better than mine.

The creation of God (or a god) and the utilization of said God (or gods) as a means to an end are two completely unrelated topics. A god is usually created to explain things that the people of that time don't understand, while the use of one for bitter purposes is done by someone with an agenda, after the creation already happened. For example, say someone uses God's name to start a war (see Inquisition, Crusades, or recent terrorist activity, for instance). That is in direct contradiction with a Commandment. God didn't start the war, religion didn't start the war, but someone with aspirations of the domination of a country, religion, etc, did. God said let there be light, man said let's use this light to make a laser that can wipe out an entire continent.
What about when God tells the Jewish people to exterminate everyone in Israel? That isn't the abuse of religion for a man's personal agenda. That is God directly telling them to kill.

O well, bedtime.

Bomber7

Smash Hero

Bomber, if you feel like hearing what everyone has to say just read this link they posted. K.

reading it right now. So far pretty good read.
That's kinda along the lines of what I wanted to say, but definitely not that mean... lol

Hyro gets a few points for style in my book.
Yeah, sorry for carrying on this discussion. I'm not going to post any more about it here. On to the next subject.

Hey Batto how about we discuss this on my profile? Let's leave these guys out of out 1 on 1 discussion.

'V'

Smash Lord

So are there different types of happiness then? Who are you to say that your version of happiness is better than mine.

What about when God tells the Jewish people to exterminate everyone in Israel? That isn't the abuse of religion for a man's personal agenda. That is God directly telling them to kill.
Another reason why debates like this just don't work. Too many questions arise and it all comes down to this:

We don't know ****.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
i wouldnt think so.

precisely why i said all existing religions are flawed. but you and bomber can finish this on your own.

eet

Smash Ace

Lol I used that link in one argument point. It definitely doesn't symbolize everything I, or anyone ever, has said. Lol What it does do, is destroy any logical trace of god Lawl.

and why would it ever be wrong to learn and grow from other peoples experiences and words? We wouldnt be anywhere as a species if we didnt build upon the ideas and beliefs before us. Its our job as humans, IMO, to further this advancement. "If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants."

on another note, what are we, if not a combination of all the things we've ever experienced?

Plus, You don't have to be here reading this **** if you don't want to. jus sayin'

Bomber7

Smash Hero
last post of the night and I've stated it many times before so I'm going to help those who keep going after me and my belief system:

FAITH IS ILLOGICAL!

later guys. I gotta get this **** Latin work done with and then get to bed. I'm starting to get bags form under my eyes and that is not good. :(

Battousai780

Smash Ace
last post of the night and I've stated it many times before so I'm going to help those who keep going after me and my belief system:

FAITH IS ILLOGICAL!

later guys. I gotta get this **** Latin work done with and then get to bed. I'm starting to get bags form under my eyes and that is not good. :(
I love you. I love anyone who takes Latin. WOOH!!!!! I feel as though we have connected on another level.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Latin is a cool subject. You learn a lot about our own language through Latin. Take it while you're young and your vocabulary is small, that way when you learn big boy words you'll be like "oh, we stole that from Latin."

Where the **** is Nik? **** that guy, he's been dodgin these muh****as since forever.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
is latin hard? i was thinking of learning it on my spare time. or should i waste that time on learning pre-calc?
It isn't hard. It's a pretty logical language and follows a pattern for the most part. In the end, memorize and you're good.

Latin is a cool subject. You learn a lot about our own language through Latin. Take it while you're young and your vocabulary is small, that way when you learn big boy words you'll be like "oh, we stole that from Latin."

Where the **** is Nik? **** that guy, he's been dodgin these muh****as since forever.
Yeah, it does teach you a few words. For me, Latin helped teach me more about analyzing sentence structure of the English language.

Besides all that ****, reading the stories about the old Greeks and Romans is pretty entertaining. Not only are they great stories, but some of them teach important lessons.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Since no one else has, I'll throw up the results from the laffy melee tournament:

Singles

1: taylor ($39.00)
2: Kyle ($19.50)
3: freddy ($6.50)
4: tim
5: avery
5: Ken
7: mohr
7: pritch
9: mark
9: mychal
9: brooks
9: dan
13: coby

Teams

1: Marf trouble (taylor + Kyle) ($36.00)
2: george clooney (tim + freddy) ($18.00)
3: tim+pritch (matt + avery) ($6.00)
4: Mr T & Dr X (mohr + dan)
5: the cat tamers (mark + coby)
6: the john wu's (curlz + brooks)

Small turnout, but it was a fun tourney. Hopefully we'll have more next time *stares at actual laffayette smashers*.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I love the unknown in the thread now. I can finally let my balls air out, say what the **** I need to say to people, and I don't give a **** if I offend or bore anyone now. And if I need to post something pertaining to Brawl, then I'll just hop on the other one. It's almost as if our old thread (or this one, in the past) had dissociative identity disorder, and we gave it some ****in lorazepam, and now the two sides are apart and they're both cool.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I really hope the rest of the discussions aren't as horribly repetitive and completely pointless as this one was.
Move on, please. And some of the posts are just plain stupid.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Yeah... Now I actually know the meaning of "too much freedom."

lol
lol for real

and eet I wasn't reading any of those posts, I was sifting through for the good ones. that was some hard sifting and for nothing lol

Turazrok

Smash Master
Meh. I don't get to go to voodoo, but last4 I shall hopefully attend. I wanna play that charizard guy with my ic's.. Whom I suck with :) l2cg is what I gotta do.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Would anyone want to fly to Maryland with me for Pound 4 January 15 to the 19th? It's $180 round trip. The housing would be "The Mariott Hotel" which is usually $180 a night but they gotta discount so we can get it for $89 a night. This can be split with a bunch of people (up to 5 in a room legally, so we can fit like 10). From the hotel they have free shuttles to the venue for all smashers.

Just wondering IF anyone would be interested. There's Brawl, Brawl dubz, Brawl +, Melee and Melee dubz.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I ain't gonna make a thread for it until all the paperwork is turned in, which will be on Thursday. Tomorrow, I'm gonna see if the aquarium is open for more space and for more specifics.

When I get word that it has been approved, then I shall make the thread. Apparantly there are specific rules about fees and what not, but I'm confident there won't be much trouble with that.

r0ni

Smash Cadet
i love politics i go to class and learn about it every day!!!!

Bomber i've basically come to the conclusion that your really don't know what your talking about. If you don't see the flaws in your own logic then there is no helping you at this point.

-RikyB

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Politics = Religion = Suck.

**** YOU NICK!!!!!!! I was literally one minute off from picking up my copy of T6..........

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Would anyone want to fly to Maryland with me for Pound 4 January 15 to the 19th? It's $180 round trip. The housing would be "The Mariott Hotel" which is usually $180 a night but they gotta discount so we can get it for $89 a night. This can be split with a bunch of people (up to 5 in a room legally, so we can fit like 10). From the hotel they have free shuttles to the venue for all smashers.

Just wondering IF anyone would be interested. There's Brawl, Brawl dubz, Brawl +, Melee and Melee dubz.
my curiosity has been piqued...I may try but then again I'm lazy but put me down for the time being since I really need some OoS experience. Speaking of OoS of the people going to hobo 20, when did you plan on leaving for the event and returning from it?

'V'

Smash Lord
I'm awesome. =D

And I'm posting in pretty much all of our tourney threads just to make sure everything's straight for them. And posting useless crap in other threads besides the few good ones that I posted on the Zelda boards.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
All of these debates are tiring in their own aspect. Debating politics/religion doesn't change other people's ideologies or hone your own, it's more like a mental handjob. <_<

[edit]

Don't take latin.

I got an AP 4 in Latin, and I"m telling you not to do it cause honestly when the **** do I need to know where the word manufactured comes from?

Top Bottom