• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

-Ran

Smash Master
The Diamond in a Rough Challenge
Find one person that has not placed on average in the top half of a state tournament and see how good you can make them before LAST. During LAST we'll have the trainers drop money [5dollars] on their pupils [who would also pay 5 dollars] in a round robin against each other or if we have a large amount a full double elimination tournament. This should be a team effort of your local community.

Function: By investing time in a player that has interest in Smash and focusing each city's effort on them, we can create at the very least three competitive smash players in the course of a mouth. This is assuming that Houma, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans equally participate. However it has become clear that individuals want to show how amazing they can make someone. So this is going to be a matter of mostly one Coach and one Player.

Recommendation: Nothing says that you have to only train one player in your group,; however, only one will be able to represent your local community at LAST for the Diamond in the Rough Challenge. It'd probably be best to train multiple that way the one with the best growth would be able to represent, or you'd have an alternate.

Coaching Rules: During an actual match the only thing a Coach can provide is encouragement to their player; however during the counter picking process they will be allowed to speak to their student to provide ANY information that they see fit. Also, they are obviously able to help their student prior to the start of the match. Essentially they'd be able to help their student with strategy, counter picking, encouragement and whatever other insight they could muster. Mum's the word once a match is in progress though.
Interested in coaching:
Jnig
Nitez
Hyro
Ran Iji
Vaughn
Cyphus
Roni
Jiovanni

So any other takers? This is going to be amazing. My pupil is going to destroy.

Just throwing this out to remind everything. I'll post it in the LAST thread later on, I don't feel like making another thread for it. Lol.

eet

Smash Ace
lol i doubt you can get to be an atlantic south moderator. you jus gotta be tight with the swf peeps. (and who wants that) or be mike g and awesome and hilarious

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
oh, ****, i missed something big. i guess im happy that i missed it.

turok can beat me right now, but hopefully, if eet wants to help me out some, i can be a winner.

also, iceman and curlz, i just got you guys' messages. i fell asleep and have homework to do. ill ask my mommy though and see if she lets me go play, lol.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I can hold my own with jnig unless he was sandbagging me. Only reason I asked. Bsl got 3 stocked

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
No doubt, Jared.

And everyone needs to stay chill, man. Just, just, breathe in, breathe out, now we're relaxed, now clench your fist, clench your fist, and let it go. Feel the tension escape your body. Now feel the tension in the top of your head, it's moving down, taking all of the tension in your body with it. Relax. Now it's to your shoulders, your arms, your hands, feel it in your stomach, relax, feel it through your legs. Now the tension leaves through your feet, and there's nothing to worry about. Relax.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Sorry BSL, I just played for an hour with the Icemann. I have school tomorrow as well. I'm gonna head off to bed. Sorry.

We can play tomorrow if you like.

'V'

Smash Lord
And everyone needs to stay chill, man. Just, just, breathe in, breathe out, now we're relaxed, now clench your fist, clench your fist, and let it go. Feel the tension escape your body. Now feel the tension in the top of your head, it's moving down, taking all of the tension in your body with it. Relax. Now it's to your shoulders, your arms, your hands, feel it in your stomach, relax, feel it through your legs. Now the tension leaves through your feet, and there's nothing to worry about. Relax.
Iceman should take a side job of anger management therapy when he gets his degree. I think he'd do an awesome job.

On a side note, the silly spam and the random flame posts really need to stop being so sporadic around here. I believe at lot of the anger towards this thread is being directed at that along with people not understanding what others are truly trying to say. The trolling isn't really helping the cause either. We're already once again about to pass up 100 posts in the past 24 hours, which means today was a spammy day...

And the backroom actually does try to get some things done around here by at least trying to make this broken game as fair to Louisiana as possible. Give it some credit for being somewhat serious because someone's gotta do it, as silly as it seems.

Turazrok

Smash Master
The backroom kinda makes it weird, because then when you're not in it you feel kinda noob. Which you probably are

'V'

Smash Lord
Not all of us in the backroom are good, I say this on behalf of Bomber and myself, from which I believe we're not as good as the rest of the people in there. But we were known to play a lot and have a lot of in-game personal experience, so we provide quite a bit of info.

@Ricky: It's cool, man. We all have our spammy moments. Just try not to let it happen very often though.

Though I'm in the backroom for Brawl, I hate the game very much, but as much as I want to quit, I can't get anyone else to even though they know themselves that the game isn't good (this is for smash in general btw), so I'm stuck doing stuff for this game just to not be bored when I hang out with them if that makes sense.

Sudai

Stuff here
I actually didn't read Mura's first post. I don't read many post in here, if people haven't noticed. Haha.

Vaughn, they're not looking for Atlantic South mods, sadly... :/

I would moderate in here even though I'm not supposed, but I honestly don't want to read all the post. lol

'V'

Smash Lord
But I wanna be the one to hand out infractions all day. It just seems hilarious to me. I guess I could just report though. It's almost as good.

YOU GUYS BETTER WATCH OUT!!!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Hi, I'm JNig, and iApprove this message. :bigthumbu

Yes I sandbag in friendlies, unless I really want to test someone's skill or if the person is really good. Don't take it personally, but yall would've been butt hurt if I went all out on you guys. Besides, I would feel bad 3-stocking people who are relatively new to the scene.

@RickyB, could you tone down the sarcasm? It almost seems as if you're actually jealous/mad you're not in the BR. I love you man, but don't be a hater. That ain't you.

@Vaughn, I'm sorry for somewhat making you play a game you hate! We don't have to play smash every get-together!

@Sudai, if I'm above the influence, does that make me an arrogant prick?

@Curlz, of ALL people, YOU'RE saying someone posts the stupidest crap? Oh please.

@Ran, I don't think I can be a coach, considering I only see most of you guys on the weekends. You can take me off that list, I guess.

I wanna play some brawl! Does anyone wanna trade their Wii and/or Brawl for my 360 and/or games? I'm getting desperate!

'V'

Smash Lord
@Vaughn, I'm sorry for somewhat making you play a game you hate! We don't have to play smash every get-together!
Don't even so much worry about it, Justin. This was my choosing, and now I'm paying the price for it. lol

To be fair, it isn't all that bad. I've been having a little more fun than what I was having with it before. Playing with you and Nick have made it that way. I just wish it wasn't so broken in the competitive way that everyone likes to play it in.

Hyro

Smash Lord
**** this threads like a war. Anyways, take me off the diamond list too, I don't got no one to coach. And I got ACT on the 24th so I won't be at the tournies.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
ahh! i just realized, eet, im not going to last, so IF you were planning on using me as your nooby kid in the DitR competition, dont. JNig, you dont have a wii? howd you get so good? and i have a friend who just might take you up on that offer of the wii/360 trade if you were serious. ill ask him about it tomorrow.

Curlz

Smash Lord
@Curlz, of ALL people, YOU'RE saying someone posts the stupidest crap? Oh please.
I love you JNig. :]

To be fair, it isn't all that bad. I've been having a little more fun than what I was having with it before. Playing with you and Nick have made it that way. I just wish it wasn't so broken in the competitive way that everyone likes to play it in.
That Beam Sword / Smash Ball fest we had at Dibbz had to have been fun for you, I mean come on. It was **** in a box.

I'll be at the Tourny this saturday so if people wanna chill, cool. I miss me some RickyB.

I'll probably be housing if its needed. Any except Hyro is welcome.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
JNig, you dont have a wii? howd you get so good? and i have a friend who just might take you up on that offer of the wii/360 trade if you were serious. ill ask him about it tomorrow.
First of all, I used to live in New Orleans, but just moved to BR/LSU this school year. I played with Arcadia and Hyro A LOT, plus the tournies and smashfests during the summer.

And I am serious about the trade. Does he have Brawl too? And component cables for his Wii?

Yes Justin, yes it does.
Dang it...

-Ran

Smash Master
Jnig, with all the random Brawl n00bs in BR, you've got to do it. It's your responsibility. Also, Solo Brawl is lame. Don't trade your 360 for a Wii, it won't help you any for Smash. You got good by practicing against people. My Wii is almost always unhooked and in my car.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
First of all, I used to live in New Orleans, but just moved to BR/LSU this school year. I played with Arcadia and Hyro A LOT, plus the tournies and smashfests during the summer.

And I am serious about the trade. Does he have Brawl too? And component cables for his Wii?
im almost positive he has brawl. he has everything needed to play, so ill find out if he has brawl. ill tell him your tentative about the trade since you could get one from ran...?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
No, your friend's wii has top priority for now. I'm not tentative about this either. I need a Wii to bring places, to save/record replays, and whatever else I may need it. And I've been wanting to get rid of my 360 too.

EDIT: I gotcha Ran, I think bsl misunderstood your post. Besides, I can find people at LSU to play with. I should try to get some tournies at LSU as well. Who knows: Maybe I'll find someone to train for the DITR thing.

-Ran

Smash Master
I wouldn't trade my Wii. o.o I utilize it for a setup at my tournaments at at Dibbz. I was just saying getting a Wii is kinda pointless if you don't have someone to play with.

-Ran

Smash Master
You need more throw. [Though super moderation use online, it's too good.] You can go from first hit straight to throw. Throw, though techable, is a good mix up when people are used to you just doing the bread and butter combo. From throw, you can set up straight into your Arrow Super, and during the animation of the special jump up and continue with an aerial chase [you did this against the scrub], or throw them again while the tech stuff is actually hidden due to the effects. Which really, since it was a scrub, you should have just thrown.

You need to watch your positioning. You were ****** Litchi, and then you gave her the corner. With that much of a lead, you should have assumed she'd have rolled away from the wall, which most people are going to do. You should have instant dashed to D or B to catch her during her roll. Really, it's a guess that would be right almost all the time. Regardless, you shouldn't be standing in the corner, especially if you're in the lead.

Top Bottom