• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Gameware Monthly 7 - 2/20/09

Alright, I just confirmed with Gameware that the next monthly will be on Friday, February 20th. I'll update the front page later, but it's the usual deal. Show up at 6:00, we'll get started around 7:00.

I'll see everyone there!

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I was afraid of that. Lol. Looks like I'm gonna be missing out on this gameware... First time. D= I had already made plans to go see a friend of mine in Texas, so unless he gets busy or cancels on me, I won't be able to make it. =( I'll see if I can leave my tables, TV, and chairs at Gameware like Thursday night though so y'all don't lose out on setups. I'll see how things go and keep you updated tho.

I'll miss you guys that weekend though... =3

Bomber7

Smash Hero
sweet! can't wait. though it unusually seems like a longer wait than usual. it could just be me.... probably is, it usually is.

I can't really think right now, but I'm going to make some match offers. who wants to take me up on some matches at Gameware on the 20th and fight a..... good n00bish decent trying Pokemon Trainer user? I got quite a bit of experience I played at Dibbz Sunday and loved every match. Even if it's some of the same people who want to fight me I dont care, I'll take on anyone who wants to fight me. I'll just write your name down and put it on my siggy :) or if oyu prefer just PM me or something like that.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Why?

10youshouldjustplaymelees

*EDIT*
(I kid, I kid)

Also, has anyone been checking out stuff about blazblue, the new fighter by arcsys (the guys who made guilty gear)? Game looks AMAZING. Like, I may buy a ps3 for this game. And I'm poor, and don't have time for a new game. Doesn't matter. May buy it anyways.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
dude please stop. who gives a ****. i play Brawl and melee. and i like both. so do a LOT of other people including eric, avery, jwu, austin, sudai. im just tired of this brawl and melee remarks. people aren't allowed to play both?! i know your kidding but its just getting old.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
I liek Barlw more than Melee. It just flows better, imo. But that's just me, because I'm ****ing ******** and my opinion doesn't really matter because a good 90% of the people here hate my nubbish guts. >.>

I think people should be allowed to play whatever the hell they want without pressure from other people. When people try to convert people to their specific game, their propaganda might actually hurt their cause. Just let people do what they want. If people see videos of Melee and conclude that it's "better" than Barlw, then they'll go back to it, and forget it even existed.

I'd like people to remember this. Brawl is not Melee. It was not meant to be Melee. Nor was it meant to be Super Smash Brothers 64. Maybe people should stop comparing the three and shut up and play whatever the hell they want to play. I'm tired of seeing "Barlw sux" in the BRAWL general discussion forums, and seeing people saying, "Play Melee" more and more as they days progress, with no signs of them stopping any time soon. Stop mocking whichever one you don't like, and play whatever one you like.

/randomrantthatdoesn'tmakesensebecausehesucksandeveryonehateshimandeverythinghesays

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Bomber, I'll play some matches vs your Pokemon Trainer at the next Gameware. I got to play your Toon Link at the last one, but no PT.

Lee, do you think you could send me the Dibbz tio file? I'd like to upload it to AiB as well have it for my records. Thanks!

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
ok hyro and lee. i will deffinently going to the next pensacola tourny. and Maby gigabites. if anyone wants to join us. jus lemmie kno and ile check and see. maby jus gas money and money to grab a hotel. obviously my mom is gunna need her own bed. so i guess jus pitch in and get 2 rooms next to each other. or maby we can work somthing else out. but deffinently next pensacola tourny. maby gigabites in orlando.

p.s. last gigabites had 97 people. and co18 won. :] next time lee will come in 1st and me and hyro will split 2nd and 3rd. :D

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
Oh sorry. I live in Dallas, and visiting New Orleans for a few days. (From here) Just wanted to see if theres anything going on. =P

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Oh sorry. I live in Dallas, and visiting New Orleans for a few days. (From here) Just wanted to see if theres anything going on. =P
oh, theres sumthing going on and its in my pants.....

i dunno i dont play smash cuz im a loser but im sure alot of other LA smashers would be interested

Pritch

Smash Lord
Me and matt+random others usually play melee down at dibbz over the weekends (don't know if you're into brawl, melee, or both). If you're interested hook me up with some contact infos and I'll let you know if/when we're doing stuff.

@CJ: Gigabits is mad fun. Used to go there for melee tournaments all the time when I lived in fl. Kind of a long haul from here though - I'd guess ~10 hours or so. That and it's kinda small - a 90 man tournament would be seriously packed (that and I know they've had air conditioning issues in the past - don't know if those have been resolved, but it's been hot as **** in there with 50 or so man tourneys before).

I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved going to the gigs tournaments and all, but I had a 2 hour drive and friends I could crash with. Just figured you should know about this stuff.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
aw kates, i won't be around but make sure you meet Ricky B. he's the coolest smasher in the world!! He should be at Dibbz friday night:) or thats what he told me earlier this week.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
We need to get together somewhere that's closeby BR and play Smarsh. I need sum practice, dammit.

Kupo.

Edit; finally took the plunge and made Fox my main....I'm cheating on Sheik!

/sad moogle

Sudai

Stuff here
Redson, would your parents be fine with you going to someone's apartment?

Katie, I probably won't get to see you this weekend like I had told you because I promised my little brother I'd spend all day Saturday with him since he was crying due to missing me when I was leaving last weekend. But anyway, I'll probably get to meet you next time I go to Dallas. Don't forget to get that King Cake! > : O

r0ni

Smash Cadet
r0ni wanna play brawl...im off ALLLLL weekend, so lets play....also cj id be down with going to pensecolla son/////holla at me

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I might have the flu :(. I'm going to the doctor in an hour to see. Started feeling sick after the dibbz tourney. Keep your buttholes to yourselves x_x....

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
So I updated for Gameware 7.

I'm thinking we can just have a simple bracket, and maybe do teams after?

I'm interested in going to Pensacola, but it might be the same day as HOBO 14. If that's the case, I may go to HOBO instead.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
The bracket will be double-elimination, that's certain. We haven't had teams at Gameware for a while, so that's why we'll probably do that.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I'm just throwing this out there for all the BR guys:

My neighbor's a friend of mine and every Wednesday he hosts the Anime Club meeting over at LSU and then has a party at his place. We play Brawl, SFII, Rock Band, and although the PS2 is usually occupied by SFII, we'll usually play SFIII: Third Strike if someone wants to. It usually lasts from like 8 till whenever. I know Wednesday is a pretty weird day to do it and most of you will probably have school or work or something, but just letting you know. I don't think any of us that play there are by any means great or amazing, but I don't consider us scrubs either.

I doubt he'd mind me giving out his contact info to everybody on the intrawebs, but out of courtesy I'll keep it somewhat private and off the forums. Just leave me a message here or something; I'll let you know where it's at.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of LSU clubs, I run LSU's Tiger Uppercut. It's a club dedicated to playing video games.

We only meet every other Thursday, so the Anime Club has us beat on frequency, haha.

Naturally, people are welcome to come play smash and whatever else at our meetings.

Starting a week from today, 6:30-8:30 pm in Tureaud 100.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I was wondering when the meetings were gonna start up. I'm looking forward to it. ^_^

I'm still sad I'm not gonna get to go to Gware #7... I do wanna play soon, so next week I'm down for playing. That includes Randall, Eric, Freddy, and any other BR smashers who wanna play. I wanna keep up and hang out with y'all since I'll be missing the tourney. =(

Oh yeah and my picture of Cait Sith finally explains how I play D3... I'm the kitty and D3 is the giant-arse moogle. =3

Oh, and <3 Sudai, Lee, and all you guys. =D

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
Katie, I probably won't get to see you this weekend like I had told you because I promised my little brother I'd spend all day Saturday with him since he was crying due to missing me when I was leaving last weekend. But anyway, I'll probably get to meet you next time I go to Dallas. Don't forget to get that King Cake! > : O
Aw man! Thats alright Sudai, have some fun time with your brother and come visit Dallas soon! And trust me, I won't forget about the King Cake. :laugh:
aw kates, i won't be around but make sure you meet Ricky B. he's the coolest smasher in the world!! He should be at Dibbz friday night:) or thats what he told me earlier this week.
Haha, okay! I hope to meet Ricky B. :psycho:

RickyB

Smash Cadet
So I updated for Gameware 7.

I'm thinking we can just have a simple bracket
WHAT? i got got completely ****ed by the brackets last tournament, played 2 pros in a row and got last place. Since you do the seeding by tournament placing that means i will have to go up against some one like Lee or Cyphus first. Sorry, but if that's the case i defiantly won't be going.

but i will be at dibbz Friday night with Roni and Cyphus if he doesn't have work. everyone go.

oh and Kate idk who you are but come to dibbz too!!

Sudai

Stuff here
I might randomly show up to DIBBZ on Friday night for Barwl.

Katie, you should go to that and meet the LA Smashers at least. Especially since RickyB is going. He's one cool mother ****er. XD

Top Bottom