• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Its not really about slippery slope.....

the point is snake could be just as ban worthy right now according to tournament results..
MK and snake are soft banned in japan.... snake is closer to metaknights level than snake is to the rest of the cast...

If it was the other way around and snake was too good do u think people in LA would want him banned? no, because alot of people play snake and would be pissed off not being able to use him... The fact that only lee uses metaknight shouldnt matter, he could probly win with other characters anyway...

I would be up for banning snake along with metaknight..... but it shouldnt be my desicion it should be left up to people in the backroom....

Metaknight is not broken.... Akuma in sf2 was broken he 100:0 everybody therefore banned....metaknight can be beaten , 60:40 - 80:20 is not broken....

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
Metaknight is not broken.... Akuma in sf2 was broken he 100:0 everybody therefore banned....metaknight can be beaten , 60:40 - 80:20 is not broken....
Nobody's made the point the Akuma is banned because he is a hidden character that requires a code to unlock every time you select him.

He was also put in as a joke and never meant to be balanced.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Its not really about slippery slope.....

the point is snake could be just as ban worthy right now according to tournament results..
MK and snake are soft banned in japan.... snake is closer to metaknights level than snake is to the rest of the cast...

If it was the other way around and snake was too good do u think people in LA would want him banned? no, because alot of people play snake and would be pissed off not being able to use him... The fact that only lee uses metaknight shouldnt matter, he could probly win with other characters anyway...

I would be up for banning snake along with metaknight..... but it shouldnt be my desicion it should be left up to people in the backroom....

using ankoku's point system MK has 1578 points, Snake had 904 Wario has 441, and D3 has 401. Snake is closer to the next two than MK. As far as raw results go, MK 37 wins this season, Snake has 12, Wario has 7, D3 has 8, Pikachu has 7, and Lucario and Gaw have 5. He is once again closer to the rest of the cast. A character doesn't have to be completely broken to merit a ban. They just have to be "broken enough." This goes back to that phrase I throw around a lot "overcentralizing the metagame."

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
What in the world... Why are you guys finding websites that bare a striking resemblance to my SN? O.o;;;

Anyway, yeah, I still think MK needs more toying with before a full-out ban were even voted upon. I'm not going into this cuz I don't like the flames that brewed, so that's my opinion on that.

Btw, Gary, lmao @ that Goldeneye pic. I nearly sh@t myself. XD

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
What in the world... Why are you guys finding websites that bare a striking resemblance to my SN? O.o;;;

Anyway, yeah, I still think MK needs more toying with before a full-out ban were even voted upon. I'm not going into this cuz I don't like the flames that brewed, so that's my opinion on that.

You'll never look at the box cover the same way again. :p

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

Nizkor wants to enlighten everyone on the horrors of the holocaust, that must mean Nikzor wants to travel to Mars!!!

Battousai780

Smash Ace
You know, I don't care either way. If MK is banned, I'll play. If he isn't, Ill play. As for hurting Lee, not even he likes MetaKnight. I would go out on a limb and say that he only mains MK because he knows that its the smart choice competitively. (Although he could main anyone and pwn)

Sudai

Stuff here
I've recently made a pretty tough decision involving MK and Ran's NOLA tourney....

I'm going to play as metaknight. I know he's banned. I won't be using him in Smash though. I mean I'll literally be dressed up as MK...and be playing as him. Don't you guys know MK mains ROB? Too good.

D

Deleted member

im pretty sure lee's acc is "Lee." with the period

so my sister is in jail for kicking her ex husband's *** and my dad refuses to do anything about it because her ex is like the son he never had. (apparently i wasnt enough of his bytch to count.)

basically, his kids have been disowned

fsck brawl.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
crapmatica strikes again

hes like charlie brown when he puts on a saints uniform

im so disgusted right now.

after reggie looked so ****ing good. yes homo

*takes off saints cap, puts on LSU cap*

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
hey fogo. its me. lol. so much fun playing your d3 at the tourney dude. we need to play SOON.

My Character is banned. I'm glad I took lessons from Roy R. bc now i have a backup character. who i honestly think beats mk. its too early for a ban ran. especially when people are finally figuring out how to fight mk correctly.

Just throwing this out there. I wont be using Mk at the gameware tourney unless my character absolutely gets ***** or something. which shouldnt happen?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's "Lee." with the period. Lol. I just looked it up too. XD

Also, I have a present for everyone:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=385C592762825BE0

It's finally done. XD You enjoy that, you. :D

Sorry to hear that, Taylor... You should drop kick him or something. :\
Wow our set was f#cking amazing if you ignore my Kirby gettin his *** whooped in that first round. Glad I tried Weegee in a tournament because since then I pretty much made him my second main so we have so much in common (being intoxicated in one way or another, pimpin ho's, etc). We should totally have that set again, but with cinnamon for the loser...

crapmatica strikes again

hes like charlie brown when he puts on a saints uniform

im so disgusted right now.

after reggie looked so ****ing good. yes homo

*takes off saints cap, puts on LSU cap*
Wait, did it happen again this weekend? I missed the game.

-Ran

Smash Master
its too early for a ban ran.
If that's the case, then it won't hold for more than a tournament. This is a test, that's all. As a man of conviction, I have to stand by my decision and thoughts. If I was not to ban Meta Knight despite all that I have said about the situation, then I would be nothing more than a hypocrite.

What's the worst that can come of this? We have a different tournament experience. If people enjoy it, then it'll continue. If not? Then it'll stop. I know people feel that I'm being a dictator, but I believe that unless I at least attempt it once, then nothing will be gained. I'm not trying to be a Smash Messiah [lawl]. [Lee and I are talking atm in aim.]

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Like I said: I hope you guys don't start johning when you go out of state and get trounced by the MKs there. I feel that until it is a unanimous decision across the community you guys should NOT do this.

@ Testament: I saw the last leg of the Saints game. Grammatica just needs to leave the NFL. He already screwed over the Bucs hardcore before this. Mind you, I don't like the Vikings or the Saints....but still...

Smooth Criminal

-Ran

Smash Master
Like I said: I hope you guys don't start johning when you go out of state and get trounced by the MKs there. I feel that until it is a unanimous decision across the community you guys should NOT do this.
It's just one tournament. It's not the entire state. The state isn't going to suffer from one Meta Knight free tournament. Hell, if anything, the state suffered due to only having one tournament a month.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
That's kinda silly, Vaughn.

--
Ran:

How absolute is your ban on MK? As in, if both players agree, can MK be used?

I remember that you mentioned wanting weeklies in order to keep up with OOS players. While once a month tournaments aren't enough for us to keep up with other areas, I think weekly is too much for us to handle. In short, as a TO, I think we need to build the community carefully. Too many tournaments for too few players will cut attendance.

--

In the long run, I feel that the La smash community would be better served with us remembering that everyone has to start somewhere. We should all encourage one another. Say you play a friendly against a new guy and he's not too good. You destroy him. Give him suggestions: say what worked and what didn't. It's not hard to be nice to people, and a few words can really give a person the confidence he needs to stay in the game. All of our accomplishments don't have to be beating people. Also, people may disagree on things, but I think we can all find a reason to respect every player. It might be skill, it might be dedication, it could be anything.

In short, I think our community will grow (in size and skill), if we play nice and encourage/ help out our fellow smashers, new and old alike. THEN, we'll be able to have awesome weeklies without a problem.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Next person to post has a ******.

Oh and I see both views on the banning metaknight part. Rules are rules though -_-.

And, not sure if you guys research but theres about 2 characters that literraly beat the **** out of Metaknight...

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
We should totally have that set again, but with cinnamon for the loser...
If cinnamon's involved, I WILL infinite... I ain't eatin' no cinnamon. >.> Plus I wouldn't wanna wish cinnamon on you either, so why don't we just leave it friendly. XD

hey nick the i'm the marth who fought sniper. vids look good btw
Duly noted, and changed. Sorry about that, without the bracket and without a tag it's hard to pick out some people sometimes... >.>

Lmao @ Vaughn and Gary's pics. I <3 y'all. XD XD XD

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
If cinnamon's involved, I WILL infinite... I ain't eatin' no cinnamon. >.> Plus I wouldn't wanna wish cinnamon on you either, so why don't we just leave it friendly. XD

Duly noted, and changed. Sorry about that, without the bracket and without a tag it's hard to pick out some people sometimes... >.>

Lmao @ Vaughn and Gary's pics. I <3 y'all. XD XD XD
No doubt its obligatory now

Next Tourney...

Kirby's Avalanche

MONEY MATCH!!!!
I got 5 on it...f#cks wit meh

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'll MM any one any amount in kirby's avalanche.
PS: its very hard for me not to be arrogant with this game. I've played Avalanche since i was 7 with my brother, i played PuyoPopFever, and Dr.Robotnic's MeanBean Machine (all basic same game)
i've beaten avalanche on hard without losing multiple times. And in Practice Mode i've gotten to level 67 where my concentration finally broke.
the good news, i haven't really been playing this game so i'll be slightly rusty, but in my prime i consider this to be one of my best games with smash, pokemon, and ocarina.
good luck to ya'll though =]

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
$10 bucks Cyphus! It's going down!

EDIT: I barely play it either, but I find the idea of a puzzle game money match with rivalry and trash talk to be amusing
EDIT^2: I'll also money match anyone in Puzzle Fighter (Except Renee)

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Next Tourney...

Kirby's Avalanche

MONEY MATCH!!!!
PS: its very hard for me not to be arrogant with this game. I've played Avalanche since i was 7 with my brother, i played PuyoPopFever, and Dr.Robotnic's MeanBean Machine (all basic same game)
i've beaten avalanche on hard without losing multiple times. And in Practice Mode i've gotten to level 67 where my concentration finally broke.
the good news, i haven't really been playing this game so i'll be slightly rusty, but in my prime i consider this to be one of my best games with smash, pokemon, and ocarina.
good luck to ya'll though =]
$10 bucks Cyphus! It's going down!

EDIT: I barely play it either, but I find the idea of a puzzle game money match with rivalry and trash talk to be amusing
EDIT^2: I'll also money match anyone in Puzzle Fighter (Except Renee)
alright, first to 10 wins. 10 bucks.
You've got it
*slaps hands to face* SOMEONE CALL 911! D=
(Cookie to the person who can guess the reference. XD)

Lol, as for you, Jiovanni, I'd rather MM then cinnamon match... >.> I have horrible sinuses and just watching those vids made them quiver in fear.

Top Bottom