• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
I froze my account long ago foo so technically I'm the same as you bih...egg on ya face :chuckle:

Ur not even close to my level as far as trpgs go
prepare youself!

wtf is a trpg? a true rpg? ive beaten the same things if not more than you. :confused:

and you know **** well its only a matter of time before you renew yo account

and i hope yo ***** *** fails the midterm for not stdying

eet

Smash Ace
amyone played persona 3? i just started it and its fun...its like a crazy japanese rpg, mixed with a dating sim XD ...but somehow not as silly or boring as you'd imagine >> although it took like 3 hours to get into the fighting system, and im still discovering new features at 10 hours :o

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
amyone played persona 3? i just started it and its fun...its like a crazy japanese rpg, mixed with a dating sim XD ...but somehow not as silly or boring as you'd imagine >> although it took like 3 hours to get into the fighting system, and im still discovering new features at 10 hours :o
Junpei Iori is my hero

I also love how you level up your Hermit social link is by playing an MMO.

But yeah, it's an awesome game, Eric. Persona 4 is coming out in December. Look out for that one as well if you want some hella good JRPG.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
prepare youself!

wtf is a trpg? a true rpg? ive beaten the same things if not more than you. :confused:

and you know **** well its only a matter of time before you renew yo account

and i hope yo ***** *** fails the midterm for not stdying
trpg = tactical rpg sometimes known as a strategy rpg. Not saying that I've beaten more games than you but in the genre that Fire Emblem is in, I have you smashed.
Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle 64, Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis, FFT, FFT:A, Advance Wars 1+2, DisGaea 1+2, Growlanser 2+3, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Makai Kingdom, and some others I can't remember. The only game in this list that Fire Emblem stands up to is Tatics Ogre.

And I've been studying for Japanese since the weekend considering how badly she f#cked us over on the last quiz so I'm not even gonna come close to failing. Cheating formation Gamma!!!

Imma need for u to censor bypass moar plz, at least on this thread

Anyone who doesn't like Fire Emblem is a communist. There, I said it.
I really do believe in many communist ideals so I guess that makes sense

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
Junpei Iori is my hero

I also love how you level up your Hermit social link is by playing an MMO.

But yeah, it's an awesome game, Eric. Persona 4 is coming out in December. Look out for that one as well if you want some hella good JRPG.
Junpei is one of the worst rpg characters ever. He's down there with Aeris. Yea i said it. Aeris sucks. The only reason i can see anyone liking that annoying POS is because Ed Elric's voice actor is Junpei's. Mitsuru + Koro-chan = totally f-ing awesome. And I agree with jiovanni. FE = lamesauce. Put in resurrection of characters or hell, just not having them dead the ENTIRE GAME. Then it might be a respectable game.

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
Junpei is one of the worst rpg characters ever. He's down there with Aeris. Yea i said it. Aeris sucks. The only reason i can see anyone liking that annoying POS is because Ed Elric's voice actor is Junpei's. Mitsuru + Koro-chan = totally f-ing awesome. And I agree with jiovanni. FE = lamesauce. Put in resurrection of characters or hell, just not having them dead the ENTIRE GAME. Then it might be a respectable game.
He was? Didn't even know that. I just like Junpei because... well, I just did.
I have to agree with you on Koromaru.

I played Path of Radiance and only lost ONE character. Because I let him die on purpose. It's not a hard game. It's also a TRPG which is devoid of grinding. One thing I adore. I won't play Disgaea because the amount of leveling necessary to complete the game irks me to no end.

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
He was? Didn't even know that. I just like Junpei because... well, I just did.
I have to agree with you on Koromaru.

I played Path of Radiance and only lost ONE character. Because I let him die on purpose. It's not a hard game. It's also a TRPG which is devoid of grinding. One thing I adore. I won't play Disgaea because the amount of leveling necessary to complete the game irks me to no end.
Dark Element+Fire Element+Red eyed dog = pure epicness. And I love disgaea's storyline to death but the grinding crap annoyed me too so much that i didnt do everything i wanted to :(. I'm sorry, lvl 2000+ is just too excessive. And idc what anyone says. The fact that they leave the whole game is unforgivable. For the rest of the battle i could understand and would probably love the game. The ENTIRE game is unacceptable. But to each his own.

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
Dark Element+Fire Element+Red eyed dog = pure epicness. And I love disgaea's storyline to death but the grinding crap annoyed me too so much that i didnt do everything i wanted to :(. I'm sorry, lvl 2000+ is just too excessive. And idc what anyone says. The fact that they leave the whole game is unforgivable. For the rest of the battle i could understand and would probably love the game. The ENTIRE game is unacceptable. But to each his own.
That's one of the reason many people I know like Advance Wars better. The core gameplay is great, but the permadeath gets to them too much. I still haven't played Radiant Dawn yet. I wanna wait until it's $20, but given that Zelda is still $50 I don't see that happening in the near future. :/

RELEASE A WII GREATEST HITS LINE, NINTENDO!!!

Sudai

Stuff here
So Sudai decided to do a little something for a little extra cash and to help people in LA.

Sudai's Note Taking Service!

What is it?

-I will watch your matches at the tournament and take detailed notes on your mannerisms in and out of game. You can look at the notes whenever though out the tourney I will then send you the notes via e-mail (because my handwriting is messy as balls) for you to have a permanent copy.

Why am I doing this?
-Because it's a way for me to make a little money (I won't lie) and because I feel it'll help out the people take advantage of it.

Why should you take advantage of this?
-You will gain the perspective of an outside source on your play style and your weaknesses.

How much does it cost?
-Only $5 for an entire tournament. : )

Final Notes?
-I'm also willing to take notes on OTHER PEOPLE for you for the same price. So it's basically like you get someone to read your opponent for you, fun, right?
-These notes are YOURS. I will not show them to ANYONE with two exceptions. If you request that I take notes on another person, I _will_ allow that person to see their notes or send the notes to them in a digital format if they so request. The second exception is if you personally tell me that others are allowed to see the notes on you.

I'm accepting 2-3 clients for the gameware tourney as a trial run. Depending on how well it goes, I might up the numbers. The ammount of people I'll do this for will probably remain small, however, since I can only be in one place at a time. : (

Clients for Baton Rouge Gameware Monthly 5:
1. Redson
2. Lee (Undecided?)
3. Mankosuki

Sudai

Stuff here
I love you.

Edit: Whats all this about Fire Emblem? Why don't more people play Final Fantasy Tatics Advance? Step awaaaaay from the mainstream! :D
FFT:A? WTF is wrong with you? Horrible game. FFT was ssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good and then FFT:A just **** all over it. Then FFT:A2 **** all over FFT:A, so that game was a double **** pile.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, let me correct that.

The Tactics Advance games don't get NEARLY as much hype as the Fire Emblem series. I don't particularly consider them mainstream for that. Round my school, I ask if anyone has played FFT:A, they have no clue what it is. Ask what Fire Emblem is and I get an hour long conversation about it. I should go by the dictionary's definition of mainstream and not my own. Otherwise I'll look more stupid than I already am. :\

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
Sorry, let me correct that.

The Tactics Advance games don't get NEARLY as much hype as the Fire Emblem series. I don't particularly consider them mainstream for that. Round my school, I ask if anyone has played FFT:A, they have no clue what it is. Ask what Fire Emblem is and I get an hour long conversation about it. I should go by the dictionary's definition of mainstream and not my own. Otherwise I'll look more stupid than I already am. :\
Maybe around your area FFT:A isn't popular. But FF Tactics sold much more than Fire Emblem. Even the best-selling FE didn't even outsell the lowest-selling Final Fantasy Tactics.

There are some people who still think Ike is from Smash Brawl. That's how obscure Fire Emblem is.

EDIT: And I know how it is. I constantly have to remind myself that most fighting games are not mainstream despite how many of my friends play them. :p

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
FFT:A? WTF is wrong with you? Horrible game. FFT was ssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good and then FFT:A just **** all over it. Then FFT:A2 **** all over FFT:A, so that game was a double **** pile.
FFT:A wasn't horrible, it just had the ****tiest story of any FF game and a terrible class system. Also it's always immediately compared to FFT which gives it big shoes to fill. The only reason I hate FE is because of its terrible story telling and extremely remedial battle system that they attempt to pass on as intuitive because of the rock-paper-scissors fighting that has magic and arrows thrown into the mix. The class system is as shallow as it could be without actually being classless. I mean Growlanser lacks actual classes though certain characters have certain strengths, but they don't try to make a class system look deeper than it actually is. Don't misunderstand when I say I hate it because I only hate it because its overrated IMO. Its an all around average game that serves as a good stepping stone to more in depth srpgs.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
lol so "i dont like the game" = "overrated?"

fire emblem is in no way shape or form overrated (in the U.S. at least)

Did you know who marth was til melee? no one in the u.s. did. few people knew who ike was when brawl was released, and the game did not receive "outstanding" reviews or sales, even though it was a killer app imo.

how can you call a game with no hype overrated? "Call of Duty" is an example of overrated. "WoW" is an example of overrated. But Fire emblem? cmon jiovanni

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Sudai: sign me up for it.

Since you're a ROB main as well, you'll have a better understanding of my needs.

Of course, if someone else wants to pay him to study me so I can look at it for free, that's good too.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yeah.... I would sign up sudai, like I really would but I gots no cash on me :'(
But that is fine. I cant wait for the Tourny, I'm going crazy. But anyway, hopefully next tourny I will have some money and I can get some notes from you

Sudai

Stuff here
You're in Manko. : )

We definitely have to get friendlies in before, during, and after the tourney too. XD

Dominic, this will be an ongoing service, so no worries. :p

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
I love you.

Edit: Whats all this about Fire Emblem? Why don't more people play Final Fantasy Tatics Advance? Step awaaaaay from the mainstream! :D
I dont know about NOT being mainstream but i F-ing LOVE FFTA. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Tho FFTA2 was a bit on the...um...not-so-as-awesome side as the FFTA. I dont know if it was the story but i actually do like Luso, or what. I thought in general it was a good game. It may be because they screwed some of the classes over that i really liked. Concentration Assassins just to name one. But whatever. And yes, the reason the permadeath thing gets so much hate is because there is NO reason to do that in ANY game WHATSOEVER. Tactical RPG or not. I won't play any more FE games just because of that. I played the first one on GBA and didnt even finish the game because permadeath was too stupid. Besides, the only reason i keep buying these handheld nintendo systems is because of pokemon(competitive pokemon ftw!) and one day....ONE DAY...Golden Sun 3 will come out. I believe it in my heart.

BTW: IF anyone's into competitive pokemon, we need to become each other's friend....RIGHT NOW!

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet

Did you know who marth was til melee? no one in the u.s. did. few people knew who ike was when brawl was released, and the game did not receive "outstanding" reviews or sales, even though it was a killer app imo.

how can you call a game with no hype overrated? "Call of Duty" is an example of overrated. "WoW" is an example of overrated. But Fire emblem? cmon jiovanni
boy SHUT yo mouth. WoW is not overrated. It takes away people's lives for a REASON. It's f-ing awesome. Well it used to be, not so much these days since anyone can get equal epics from pvping. Plus they get the same awesome tier set(look wise) as those who raid. Which is bs. That's the whole reason WoW was awesome. If you didn't raid Naxx you don't know what you were missing. Made Molten Core look like poop in comparison. Which it is, we just didnt know any better back when it was the ONLY raid instance out.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

how can you call a game with no hype overrated? "SPORE" is an example of overrated. "WoW" is an example of overrated. But Fire emblem? cmon jiovanni
Funny thing is that I actually read a lot of reviews for "popular" games. Though I can't speak on the sales of FE (and your assumption is probably just that and exaggerated), I know for a fact FE gets reviews that are well above average. on a 0-10 scale, 5 is average. I've never seen a professional review score a Fire Emblem game less than 75% of the maximum score if that. 5 is average and FE scores no less than 7.5, FE is an average game that gets above average reviews, FE is overrated.

As far as the "I don't like the game" statement goes, I tend to hate things that are overrated such as Wayne's music. You also did the exact same thing I did in reference to WoW and Spore if you wanna go there. Starcraft = rts, not srpg fyi. You still lack the knowledge to argue with me on the subject of srpgs as most people lack the knowledge to argue with me about hip-hop.

Do yo homework so u can thru too instead of bein on smashboards all day.

Since you're a ROB main as well, you'll have a better understanding of my needs.

Of course, if someone else wants to pay him to study me so I can look at it for free, that's good too.

"I just had deja vu..."

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
FFT had one thing...an awesome storyline. In fact, one of the best if not the best storyline, character development of any FF ever made. But some of the battles were complete BS. Having a GOD LIKE CHARACTER where the rest of the game doesn't even have a chance is BS. What I thought was UNIQUE and implemented in a INTELLIGENT way was the death system. There was a way to revive, BUT you had 3 turns to revive them. If you wanted a consequence so high as to delete the character from existence, THAT is the way to do it. NOT FE's way.

Sudai

Stuff here
Looking forward to it.

I miss LA.
I know we've never actually met (the last Mall tourney you guys came to for Melee was my first tourney so I never actually got to meet you guys), but I'm hoping I'm as fun as Taylor, Eric, and the others? XD

Oh yeah, also accepting clients for the coming NOLA monthly. Leaving it at 3 right now, but if I notice a lot of spare time at the GW monthly, I might bump up the number some. : )

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
BTW: IF anyone's into competitive pokemon, we need to become each other's friend....RIGHT NOW!
I am theoretically but due to my lack of AR and lack of time IV breeding is impossible to do without taking 6 months to get a decent egg. I did get on shoddy every now and again since its free and takes little time. We should def have some matches on shoddy sometime soon.

Oh yeah, i haven't played FFT:A2, but I know assassins deserved to be nerfed, last breath+rockseal = broken. Get assassin as early as possible and raise them as a summoner and MP goes thru the roof to the point where they could do that shizz a ridiculous amount of times in one battle. Assassin + Time mage was the most ruthless offensive class combo. I usually used that plus a defender, pally, and white mage.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Hey joe, you bringing anyone else from your crew? I'll have a melee setup there, so even though they don't like brawl there'll still be **** to do. Aside from playing drumma a bit in georgia I don't think I've played anyone in your crew since that gigs we carpooled to forever ago.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah, most of the names I knew in Melee days seem to no longer be around. :ohwell:

You seem pretty chill though, so I don't think you'll have much trouble winning me over.

*edit for Pritch* I doubt it. They don't really play Brawl. I should make a new sig actually cause this is basically my "Melee Crew" now. For Brawl, I've got HolyChef who I play fairly often and some possibles in the area.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey sudai, i'm offerning a note taking service too.
except i only charge 4 dollars, would u be intersted?

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
I am theoretically but due to my lack of AR and lack of time IV breeding is impossible to do without taking 6 months to get a decent egg. I did get on shoddy every now and again since its free and takes little time. We should def have some matches on shoddy sometime soon.

Oh yeah, i haven't played FFT:A2, but I know assassins deserved to be nerfed, last breath+rockseal = broken. Get assassin as early as possible and raise them as a summoner and MP goes thru the roof to the point where they could do that shizz a ridiculous amount of times in one battle. Assassin + Time mage was the most ruthless offensive class combo. I usually used that plus a defender, pally, and white mage.
I used to be on Shoddy but the ****ed thing stopped working for me for some reason. I'll try to redownload it and we can play.

Top Bottom