• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Slyfer, we're becoming friends, NAO.

Dominic and I were GOING to dabble around in competitive pokemon, but Brawl caught our interest.

In response to your FFT:A2 remark, I, quite frankly, liked A2 more than A. The characters in A2 were overall superior in my opinion. Montblanc had no backstory whatsoever in the first A, Cid had a hella backstory. Adelle was a much better character than Ritz, and Luso was just overall perfect for a main character. He didn't ***** and moan like Marche did. A2 took the crap characters of the first one and made them better, but took the overall story and made it crappier. Writing in a book=Lame. Escaping the world by killing 4 token gaurdians and a grimoire? Bring it.

Plus, Flintlocks. They're useless, but whats not to love about having a moogle with a rocket launcher?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
so whos everyone gonna be using now that meta is banned???

ima have to go with olimar aka the most underated character in the game...i mean come on, mid tier,seriously? must be joke tierlist...

Sudai

Stuff here
so whos everyone gonna be using now that meta is banned???

ima have to go with olimar aka the most underated character in the game...i mean come on, mid tier,seriously? must be joke tierlist...
I'll just play ROB and laugh as you fall to your death any time you go off stage.

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
Slyfer, we're becoming friends, NAO.

Dominic and I were GOING to dabble around in competitive pokemon, but Brawl caught our interest.

In response to your FFT:A2 remark, I, quite frankly, liked A2 more than A. The characters in A2 were overall superior in my opinion. Montblanc had no backstory whatsoever in the first A, Cid had a hella backstory. Adelle was a much better character than Ritz, and Luso was just overall perfect for a main character. He didn't ***** and moan like Marche did. A2 took the crap characters of the first one and made them better, but took the overall story and made it crappier. Writing in a book=Lame. Escaping the world by killing 4 token gaurdians and a grimoire? Bring it.

Plus, Flintlocks. They're useless, but whats not to love about having a moogle with a rocket launcher?
Competitive Pokemon is the shiznite. Just not many ppl give it a chance outside the already there fanbase. But there are some aspects of it that piss me off. And that's basically alot of people are tierwhores. Yes you can be a tierwhore in pokemon. Blissey and Skarmory are overpowered. Well skarmory not so much, but Blissey is. and it's BS. you basically have to ban pokemon in your pokemon battles. People LOVE using legendaries. And that pisses me off. But if you can work around it and find people who just liek using normal pokemon, it's a fun game. And i need people to talk about it with :(. I'm a real life pokemon master but nowhere to share my knowledge QQ.

And yea, i think the characters of A2 are better than A1 BUT i still loved my Concentration Assassin crew :(. They added TOO many useless classes in A2, they added 2 new races but only one was awesome, and the other one dam* near broke the game with the Mirror crap. A1 was better as a whole. And I was in

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
I am theoretically but due to my lack of AR and lack of time IV breeding is impossible to do without taking 6 months to get a decent egg. I did get on shoddy every now and again since its free and takes little time. We should def have some matches on shoddy sometime soon.

Oh yeah, i haven't played FFT:A2, but I know assassins deserved to be nerfed, last breath+rockseal = broken. Get assassin as early as possible and raise them as a summoner and MP goes thru the roof to the point where they could do that shizz a ridiculous amount of times in one battle. Assassin + Time mage was the most ruthless offensive class combo. I usually used that plus a defender, pally, and white mage.
dude what's your AIM, i need my fix of pokemon battle! we need to set up a shoddy battle now. Mine is RubyDragonKnight.

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
Funny thing is that I actually read a lot of reviews for "popular" games. Though I can't speak on the sales of FE (and your assumption is probably just that and exaggerated), I know for a fact FE gets reviews that are well above average. on a 0-10 scale, 5 is average. I've never seen a professional review score a Fire Emblem game less than 75% of the maximum score if that. 5 is average and FE scores no less than 7.5, FE is an average game that gets above average reviews, FE is overrated.
And why are we trying to justify our games with review scores? Know what that's called?
FANBOYISM

To everyone here: "Play whatever-the-hell game you want. Don't take **** from anyone!"

I've played enough King of Fighters for one lifetime. That game gets average reviews. Know what? I don't care. I love that freaking game. Love it to death.

Why are you trying to stress the point that FE is overrated? Are you trying to make someone like the game less? I don't know of any other reason.

Now, I'm gonna play some "mediocre" Lost Planet. Why? ...cause I F***ING LOVE THAT GAME.

EDIT: On a similar note: LittleBigPlanet is one of the best platformers I've ever played.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
no no were not talking about pokemon and crap now....only about whitch brawl characters ur using since metaknight is banned since literally everyone used metaknight and now have to find secondarys

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Competitive Pokemon is the shiznite. Just not many ppl give it a chance outside the already there fanbase. But there are some aspects of it that piss me off. And that's basically alot of people are tierwhores. Yes you can be a tierwhore in pokemon. Blissey and Skarmory are overpowered. Well skarmory not so much, but Blissey is. and it's BS. you basically have to ban pokemon in your pokemon battles. People LOVE using legendaries. And that pisses me off. But if you can work around it and find people who just liek using normal pokemon, it's a fun game. And i need people to talk about it with :(. I'm a real life pokemon master but nowhere to share my knowledge QQ.

And yea, i think the characters of A2 are better than A1 BUT i still loved my Concentration Assassin crew :(. They added TOO many useless classes in A2, they added 2 new races but only one was awesome, and the other one dam* near broke the game with the Mirror crap. A1 was better as a whole. And I was in
Screw all dat EV trainin sheite. Imma train which pokemans ah liek, and how ah liek em.

Pachirisu-54
Lucario-66
Empoleon-87
Charizard-86
Staraptor-65
Weavile-58

Uneven team, really. I stopped training after I got into Brawl tournies. I got a Mismagus in the works, along with a Gengar. Leafeon and Electivire too.

Nicknames or GTFO.

Sudai

Stuff here
no no were not talking about pokemon and crap now....only about whitch brawl characters ur using since metaknight is banned since literally everyoneLee used metaknight and now have to find secondarys
Fixed. Lee's the only good MK in LA. The rest of us play other chars. lol

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
Screw all dat EV trainin sheite. Imma train which pokemans ah liek, and how ah liek em.

Pachirisu-54
Lucario-66
Empoleon-87
Charizard-86
Staraptor-65
Weavile-58

Uneven team, really. I stopped training after I got into Brawl tournies. I got a Mismagus in the works, along with a Gengar. Leafeon and Electivire too.

Nicknames or GTFO.
Oh I have nicknames. And they're badass. Well at least my metagross' Rodimus...f--- yea! And that team sucks, you have to have pokemon that you like and that doesnt suck lol. I had a leafeon but that was when i thought it could learn Light Screen, but it can't so i stopped training it :(. I hate Ghost types even though i have one on my team.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
and his 2ndaries are better than most peoples mains, so he souldn't have a problem =]
among lee's 2ndaries are snake, falco, marth, zamus, ike, sonic to my knowledge.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
no no were not talking about pokemon and crap now....only about whitch brawl characters ur using since metaknight is banned since literally everyone used metaknight and now have to find secondarys
Shiek. :\

And guess who else loves him some KoF? REDSON.

Whip FTW.

Lost Planet PC is good. I don't know why it got such horrid ratings. The graphics are bawlz but I could care less bout graphics these days. Gameplay is where its at.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I was EV training my team for pokemon.

Palkia (can be substituted with Blastoise or other good water type.)
Cloyster
Garados
Blissey
Gengar
Infernape

I felt like a newb for having Palkia, iunno. At least no Garchomp. xD

Sudai

Stuff here
I know who Lee's gonna be using now, but I was sworn to secrecy after being awesome and figuring it out. D: (aka I guess one and he told me the rest. XD)

Batto's line-up gets rrraaapppeeeddd by thunder types for the most part. >.>

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
I was EV training my team for pokemon.

Palkia (can be substituted with Blastoise or other good water type.)
Cloyster
Garados
Blissey
Gengar
Infernape

I felt like a newb for having Palkia, iunno. At least no Garchomp. xD
Blissey's worse than Garchomp. A pokemon that can effectively absorb ANY special attack and shrug it off the next round like it's nothing, it complete BS. Garchomp's only OP if you're unprepared. Most teams should have a strong water or ice pokemon anyhow. And any team with a legendary let alone an uber is lame unless it's for uber battles.

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
I know who Lee's gonna be using now, but I was sworn to secrecy after being awesome and figuring it out. D: (aka I guess one and he told me the rest. XD)

His entire team gets ***** by ONE starmie.

EDIT: just 5/6 not the whole team. I'm neglecting Palkia because people who use legendaries are lame, and i'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

Battousai780

Smash Ace

I think my Gengar and Infernape could handle it. Really, Electivire is the only thing to be worried about. Anything else can be one hit KO'd by my Infernape. :]

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
its gotta be marth zamus or lucario... looking at his avatar and character at the bottom..and lucario because he said that somewhere.... personally id like to see if he can go all ike and win that would be pretty pro...

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
pokemon was fun before the tiers got pushed apart to the point where there no creativity anymore.
Competitively speaking, speaking as a pokemon veteran who played netbattle online since gold and silver, GS was the most balanced...RS can be the funnest (if you ban some OU), and DP is just a piece of ****, no offense. They took everything that was broken, and make it even more....

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
pokemon was fun before the tiers got pushed apart to the point where there no creativity anymore.
Competitively speaking, speaking as a pokemon veteran who played netbattle online since gold and silver, GS was the most balanced...RS can be the funnest (if you ban some OU), and DP is just a piece of ****, no offense. They took everything that was broken, and make it even more....
i think breaking the attacks into special/physical instead of element = special or physical was THE best move DP has brought to pokemon. It did exactly what it should have been in the beginning. The only flaw to comp. pokemon is that crap like blissey and skarmory aren't banned yet. or pushed into uber. Blissey should have been in uber a LONG time ago.

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but I could just switch to Gengar or Gyarados. I don't have to use my infernape vs starmie. Gyarados + Thunder Punch ftw?
first of all. every starmie EVER has thunderbolt. gyrados would be kaput. Gengar might be a more acceptable counter. except you can't switch him into anything on starmie. Starmie will hit him with something, and he'll fall the next round before he can get to starmie. That team would go nowhere if you face a starmie which is one of the best but not OP yet OU pokemon in pokemon history.

Top Bottom