• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Nah Sage, my current conclusion is that Sakurai made it perfctly clear that he doesn't want brawl to be competitive.

With that being said. I'll be at Dibbz arouind the same time as Ran Iji. We're both bringing out Wii's so I guess anyone else who's going later doesn't have to worry about it.

Toon Link for Top tier. Up+b spam > you.

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
yea it'll just take some more time to get use to just like melee felt completely different from 64 and I use to really good at smash 64...when melee came out I was like WTF!!! but after a while you get use to it and realize that it is better so I'm sure the same thing will happen with melee and brawl...

anyways hey shy guy I see that your online in brawl lets play :)

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
toon link is like top tier, my tier list right now would be...

toon link
marth
diddy
pit
olimar
wolf
lucas
dedede
luigi
falco
ike
metaknight
shiek/zelda
wario
g&w
ice climers
samus
rob
lucario
peach
pokemon trainer
fox
mario......

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
mmm.....
high tier:
marth, meta, toon, ice, fox, pit, wolf....i'm feeling about now.

theres alot of hype about alot of characters (most of which is.....well..just hype), i know first hand king dedede ain't "top tier". he's mid, in my eyes. Olimar and Rob both have alot of hype too..but iunno..i haven't seen enough of them to really know how good they are.
Sonic, seems to have alot of potential just with his tech chasing and how well he can control alot of matchups. i think he does great against alot of slow characters, but he's still exploitable against characters like marth and meta. he's prolly mid/high.

ggs again shyguy. keep up ur pit.
so what u think of my DK? (zero to death combo ftw ;)) its a work in progress though. dk = TOO strong.

-Ran

Smash Master
Alright, I'll be heading to Dibbz for 7:30ish. I only have one game cube controller, so someone better step up.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I went to dibbz today but I had to leave at like 8:30. I got ***** by Lee a few times, but then I managed to get him to high percentage on his last life with Marth. (I hope he was trying) Other than that, I beat Jackets with DDD, but then he ***** my Marth with Meta. I played some other kid but I dont know his name. It was pretty fun and I learned a few new things about Marth that I didn't know about.

Sudai

Stuff here
Good games tonight ShyG. I saved that one where you were DDD and took me down with your Up B for the win. XD That was epic.

Edit: Up-B, not Down..lol

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
nice gaming again shyguy and mura...hey mura were u at your friend's house? cause the lag was a lot better this time around...barely lagged at all

Yeah, my freind's got good internets. He was the guy with the "JOSH" tag.

Dibbz was great. I managed to be the first to beat Lee..........when he was using a character he'd never used before (MetaKnight).

-Ran

Smash Master
Saturday Night Findings:

Meta Knight is the new Sheik.
Meta Knight has insane priority and attack frames.
Marth's sword is a lie.
Diddy cannot 'spectate' a match to only throw bananas.
Toon Link = Mind Games. = Counter to Meta Knight.

D

Deleted member

mmm.....
high tier:
marth, meta, toon, ice, fox, pit, wolf....i'm feeling about now.
taylor agrees, whole heartedly. idk about the order of the chars, but def the top of the list. maybe olimar too. i dont personally like his game but ppl seem to be doing good with him. i need to look more into it.

additionally; drinking too much after a lame day at work for the loss.

and props to lee for winning the louisiana game stop tourney in new orleans today. win regionals for us next bro xD

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
oh shi, lee is good at this game too, i wanna play him, ggs sudai im really liking ur r.o.b, his bair has insane priority... I think olimar is top tier.... metaknight most probly high tier (could be top or mid) one thing for sure is meta will be seeing alot of tourney play....

Sudai

Stuff here
Main Point of this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Wix_KsK5g&feature=related

Wave Bouncing. The first thing in this game that I would consider an "Advanced Technique". Greg, I think this is what you were talking about the other day with Lucas' C-Stick stuff. There's a video response to that video displaying all the character's wave bounce potential as well.

ShyG: Yeah. I'm in love with R.O.B.'s BAir too. The crazy thing about it is that it hits in front of you after the initial thrust. Madness.

Everyone else: Add me on Brawl and message me on AIM!! I wanna play some *****es!!

AIM: UnwiseSudai

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
Hey Sudai you should add me and we could brawl! Also everyone else needs to add me too... I've only played like 3 of you here. (my friend code is on the first page)

Sudai

Stuff here
I just added all the new people on the first post, so you guys should add me too.

Eddie, I just added you. Add me and brawl me~ : D

ShyG: Sorry about our Fox - Ike Match. My Wii just turned itself off for some reason.

Edit: Some more good games ShyG. Sorry I had to leave, but it's lunch time. : P

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I will be flying in tommorow nyte. If anyone wants to pick me up at BTR Airport to take me to my grandma's, I will pay them. Eric, can you help out?

Top Bottom