• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I noticed a few things while playing Brawl today.

1. Toon Link can control battles on Frigate Orpheon easily.
2. Toon Link is probably a good DeDeDe counter.
3. Ganon's dair can launch so quickly, that it can interrupt combos. That'll make off-stage comboing on Ganon risky.
4. Fox can interrupt Wolf's up+b with a shine even if he's being hit by it. That could make Wolf a bad matchup for Fox, epecially when it comes to edgeguarding.
5. If you attempt to shinespike, don't try to Fox Illusion to the ledge. Some characters may beat you to it.
6. Shinespike, in general, is not safe.

D

Deleted member

toon link's arrow has ******** priority. like, pwning foxfire with it. too good.

but i have yet to get addicted to this game at all. i dont even rly care to play very much. with melee i like, needed my fix and wouldnt want to stop playing until like 3 hours of constant matches, where brawl is like 'oh brawl? i guess ill play" and i get bored after like 12 games. but oh well.

Sudai

Stuff here
You just know it's gonna be a great day when you wake up and try to call one of your friends, but instead call your *****iest ex and wake her up then get an ear full because you're too nice to just hang up. : )

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Main Point of this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Wix_KsK5g&feature=related

Wave Bouncing. The first thing in this game that I would consider an "Advanced Technique". Greg, I think this is what you were talking about the other day with Lucas' C-Stick stuff. There's a video response to that video displaying all the character's wave bounce potential as well.
It's actually worthless (for Lucas at the very least) for two reasons...that go hand-in-hand.

a) You can do this without B-sticking
b) Do I really want to lose the ability to pull the stick out asap and complete control over aerials? A big time "no" on that one.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
melee is so much better when youre playing with someone who is more on your level.

like its the perfect game of like cat and mouse. the technical aspect of the game makes it harder to execute things cause u can mess up, with brawl most of the aerials are auto canceled to where it doesnt make a difference if u mess up the timing or not. also, brawl has metaknight, hes too good and all u have to do to out-prioritize everyone is dash attack-upsmash- u air, repeat.

simply, madness.

but anyway, im going to main toonlink and wolf only. cause it seems that wolf has a slight edge over metaknight, and toonlink is too fun.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
also, i lost my fing wii mote. so if anyone finds a wii mote in their car with a clear sleeve on it its mine mainly taylor and vaughn

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Somewhat of a smash party last weekend.... guess what we ended up playing?

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Somewhat of a smash party last weekend.... guess what we ended up playing?
BRAAAWWWUUHHLLLL. >:O

:D

So, is it almost impossible to get a Wii now? I did some searching but there are none. Should I even buy one?

Edit: Setsuma, I agree. Melee has infinitely more potential as a competitive game, but Brawl is cute-sie too.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
toon link's arrow has ******** priority. like, pwning foxfire with it. too good.

but i have yet to get addicted to this game at all. i dont even rly care to play very much. with melee i like, needed my fix and wouldnt want to stop playing until like 3 hours of constant matches, where brawl is like 'oh brawl? i guess ill play" and i get bored after like 12 games. but oh well.
I feel the same way, although I am still interested in playing Brawl for atleast a while because I've only gotten to play for around 10 hours (I don't have a Wii). What you've said is the exact reason that I support Melee. Brawl isn't fast and surprising enough to build lots of suspense throughout the match, and the gameplay mechanics are very poor. This isn't guaranteed to be true, but my first impressions after 10ish hours on the game are: "WOOHOO ITS BRAWL I'M SLIPPIN ALL OVER LOL LOOK OUT LAVA ON THE WALLS AND CEILING OOPS I TRIP GAME OVER. HAHA U LIKE EDGEGUARDING? TOO BAD." Maybe we should just keep playing Melee. :D

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I feel the same way, although I am still interested in playing Brawl for atleast a while because I've only gotten to play for around 10 hours (I don't have a Wii). What you've said is the exact reason that I support Melee. Brawl isn't fast and surprising enough to build lots of suspense throughout the match, and the gameplay mechanics are very poor. This isn't guaranteed to be true, but my first impressions after 10ish hours on the game are: "WOOHOO ITS BRAWL I'M SLIPPIN ALL OVER LOL LOOK OUT LAVA ON THE WALLS AND CEILING OOPS I TRIP GAME OVER. HAHA U LIKE EDGEGUARDING? TOO BAD." Maybe we should just keep playing Melee. :D
Maybe we shouldn't. xD

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
also its really not that bad. its another game dude, melee is just better, that doesnt mean that brawl isnt a bad game in general.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
just because u suck at melee doesnt mean other people shouldnt play it.
I wasn't insinuating that we stop playing it altogether. I just want people to have a more open mind to Brawl. Hell, I love Melee and personally, I'd rather keep playing it myself. I do know, however, that most people will switch to Brawl.

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
I love all 3 smashs but to me, as far as 64 and melee goes, I've been there, conquered that, and I'm just willing and ready to master something new...just because a few characters got nerfed here and others got buffed there and new characters came in and people say they are top tier and blady blady bla...doesn't mean we should revert to melee, just means we have to find new ways to own in the new game...I don't know this is just my opinion

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
and personally I'm starting to love the fact that everyone is saying Link is low tier because that just makes it all the more enjoyable when I kick there arse and prove them wrong :laugh:

especially when people rate him below characters like Bowser, Charzard, DeDeDe, etc...I'm thinking WTF are you serious!!

just take a look at how F'd up this list is:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4114570#post4114570

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
ehh i just think everyone should play both, and also its not about the top tiers in brawl or whatever. theres just no technical dept the game is too easy to learn is all im saying.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
DDD > Link

Fer sure!!!!! Also, I'll always be willing to play Melee if someone else wants. It's all fun and that's what really counts amirite?

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
i really like brawl. this game is fun as balls. and much much better than melee. the only thing maybe broken is the ice climbers. the game is balanced and all opponents stand a chance against each other. you dont have to play fox,falco,marth, or sheik to win. metaknight has priority but he's a noob character there are many ways around him its just that people dont have any experience against his priority. i'm for one GLAD that wavedashing is out. that automatically makes some characters a lot more broken than others. this game has much more variety and the airdodge game can incorporate many helpful dodging techniques. melee sickens me as a game but if yall still want to play it go for it. im not exactly all about the idea of grabbing somebody with marth at 0% and chainthrowing till death.
i quit melee and its programmed combos. its pretty worthless.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I still like Melee. I do like Brawl more though and I think its hellafun too. Plus DDD is sooooo cute and I love his taunt. xD

I can't wait to get pwned even more by Lee's Sonic. hehehe

Battousai780

Smash Ace
the next time we're both on...I think I have your Brawl FC in my Wii(not sure though) I'll check tonight when I get home, but it won't be till late though cause my friend from texas is in town on his spring break so we'll be playing alot of offline multi-player at his house on his Wii so...
Got aim? And prolly not for me tonight either, since I have exams tomorrow. Also, I didn't add anyone's FC yet because my comp doesn't have a printer so I'll have to write them down later. xD

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
maybe if pit was in melee i would still play it. Pit is the only character i have fun with and like learning and getting better with, even when i loose i still enjoy using him... metaknight is fun too

anyone wanna play online?

Sudai

Stuff here
??? as in you lost your physical copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl...wtf you took it out of your Wii??
No. It's a game solely known as "The Game".

Oh, and thanks Freddy...I completely forgot about the game and now I'm gonna freakin lose it every day for the next week. : (

PS: Me and you should get together and play some time over spring break. It's been -way- too long.

Edit: I'm hosting a room and someone should join.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
lee, you say that now, but one day u WILL play a match of melee and it will be amazing. i promise hahah.

but until then i guess that brawl is the new smash

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
sorry for people trying to get in my match that couldnt, my opponent didnt want to i guess, so in the future im always down for pkaying with 3 or 4 people, its up to my opponent i guess? i dunno its kinda stupid if its my room and im not allowed to bring in other people if i want them. and freddy what happened? u froze the game and made my controller vibrate...lol

well im going back online if anyone wants to play

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
Sorry Shyguy I didn't realize you wanted fight more then one person. I usually do 1v1s but I'm up for doing some 4 player matches.

Sudai

Stuff here
Eddie, I was lagging like hell when we played earlier today. Sucked balls.

Lee, that was a fun match even though you were lagging like hell. XP I didn't notice any lag at all. Maybe lag can be experienced by one person but not the other?

Top Bottom