• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Eats

Smash Rookie
Located in New orleans, uptown

Friend Code: 2578-2776-5777

played a lot of melee too, movin to brawl

I like Snake(snakeslide move is business) and i guess Olimar, but I play as nearly everyone

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
same here but i been dating my gf for 3 yr and we live together. i tried to make her play SSE together but she gave up after 5min. so i had to restart the stage. she did that 3 times.:mad:. anyway im going to get her to play mario kart wii cus she like it. and SHE IS ALSO A MARIO BROS 1 and 3 CHAMPION. I use to always have to play it with her on the snes but now i boughtt it for the wii
Nice...at least you can get yours to play... so you can't complain too much, just play the normal Vs with her instead of SSE, glad to hear we're in the same boat...sort of and grats on yall 3 yr. Yea I also I downloaded Mario 3 and mario kart 64 for her on my Wii

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
As far as my main goes...I have no freaking clue...I'm at 70% in the SSE so :confused:

But the ones I like so far is Pit, Lucas, Marth, and my all time favorite Link
I haven't unlocked everyone so I can't really pick a main yet...I'm really interested in Toon Link

-Ran

Smash Master
So, I'm looking to find someone to play a few matches with this weekend. Maybe a small get together in New Orleans? I just can't stand online play... it' hasn't been good to me. :(

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
As far as my main goes...I have no freaking clue...I'm at 70% in the SSE so :confused:

But the ones I like so far is Pit, Lucas, Marth, and my all time favorite Link
I haven't unlocked everyone so I can't really pick a main yet...I'm really interested in Toon Link
toon is good.

he doesnt have that many K.Oing moves though.

other than that he good.

-Ran

Smash Master
An e-maiL I just sent out to the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau.

Small Query

As a native of New Orleans, it my desire to start bringing various competitive Video Gaming Tournaments to New Orleans. The demographic of such tournaments tends to be twenty-somethings, which would love to come to New Orleans for other reasons aside from video games. These tournaments are typically held up in Northern states due to familiarity with the areas, and a larger population density.

In order to coax them here, I’d have to provide a proof of concept tournament. Unfortunately, I have little idea about the various levels of cost that would be required in order to facilitate one. In order to run one, not much is required aside from space, tables, and power outlets. TVs being provided would be a plus, but it isn’t uncommon for the contestants to bring their own for a discount on their entry fee. Thus the main question is how much it would cost, so that it could be factored into the entrance fees.

As I said before, the requirements for the Tournament would be rather spartan in nature. Can you provide a level of insight into this so that I can begin to properly plan this out? What would be the options that I could go with? Most likely a head count for one of these tournaments would be ~100 players+staff.
Just thought I'd give people the heads up. This wouldn't be in the immediate future, but the aim would be sometime in the summer.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
somebody wanna play me online? just add me and create a room and ill join..... tell me if u want to anytime today

i added these people:
eet
sets
shoretop
lee
sudai
ken
slim
cyphus
billion

if ur not there and wanna play ill add u

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
I've added everyone on the first page plus all the ones on the last 3-4 pages of this thread I'm awaiting registration from everyone so I don't know if we both have to be on or yall just have to add me but if it's the 2nd case...GO add me people:chuckle:

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm looking to find someone to play a few matches with this weekend. Maybe a small get together in New Orleans? I just can't stand online play... it' hasn't been good to me. :(
playing online sucks, but i still play it. when i play online i cant press the buttons fast, it will do crazy stuff like doing regular ground a move then jump. instead of nair

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else gettin crazy lag with the online matches? So far, I've found that the random ones are a little less laggy than the friend ones, but that could be because of a few variables. Any advice on how to remedy this?

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else gettin crazy lag with the online matches? So far, I've found that the random ones are a little less laggy than the friend ones, but that could be because of a few variables. Any advice on how to remedy this?
I've sorta noticed the same thing...but that could also be that the only friend I've played so far is from Dallas so...:confused:

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
this game is ********..
iceclimbers can chainthrow fox/falco/sheik to 70%, capt to 100% or if u can chain throw them to the edge of a level you can GUARANTEE-KO them w/ a d.throw nana-F.air spike.

not to mention they can d.throw-f.air-regrab most characters from 0%, twice..then throw combo for a guaranteed 50+%!!!

so yea...i've been ****** people with ice lately. and they are deffinately my main.
this game is more broken then melee.

TopTier: Marth, Pit, Ice

High Tier: Wolf, Fox, Luigi, ?

Mid: who knows at this point. all these guesses are as good as high/low

Low: Ganon, Yoshi, Jiggly, ?

----------------------------------------

ggs to everyone i've played so far
freddy's toon link is good.
shyguys got a good pit.

cyphus = ice, ddd, DK
and i finally caught up to blaise heheh.

D

Deleted member

i know its too early to rly form a tier list but imo jiggs is pretty good. since edge guarding is only done off the stage and she pwns at that, makes her better. she didnt rly rely on wd or lcancel and even though rest is nerfed, she was good w/o it.

but maybe shes bottom, she dies between 100-110% :(

peace

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
played cyphus online, was fun, i wanna play some other people...
me,cyphus and freddy had a three way (match)

i think im maining pit,metaknight and diddy

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I may be able to get to dibbz tomorrow. If I go, should I bring my wii?

How bad is the lag for you guys? I mean, I can't decide whether it's my internet, or distance problems, but I can't play online at all. I've only played two matches, and they both lagged out. :(

Also, I won $100 for a black history speech thing I wrote. Too good.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I may be able to get to dibbz tomorrow. If I go, should I bring my wii?

How bad is the lag for you guys? I mean, I can't decide whether it's my internet, or distance problems, but I can't play online at all. I've only played two matches, and they both lagged out. :(

Also, I won $100 for a black history speech thing I wrote. Too good.
There is an 80% chance that I will be at dibbz tomorrow. Im bringing my wii, but you might want to bring yours too. I think Ill bring Melee and Brawl, though Id rather just focus on Brawl. And um, you got aim?

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
hey man thanks for the game but I think it might be your internet that may be having problems...when me, my friend from Dallas Texas and Shy Guy played together the lag wasn't nearly as bad as when we played...but anyways thanks for trying

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
AIM: zeldaemblem11

I never get on though, adn my dad just told me to go to bed.........>_>

Good match BTB. Now i have two missed Toon Link spikes on my record D:
Sry about the lag. I guess I'll have to go over to my friend's when i want to play online. My internet has always been bad. Now I'm just waiting for my dad to settle this disagreement with his job, get big monies, and then force him to get Cox.

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
AIM: zeldaemblem11

I never get on though, adn my dad just told me to go to bed.........>_>

Good match BTB. Now i have two missed Toon Link spikes on my record D:
Sry about the lag. I guess I'll have to go over to my friend's when i want to play online. My internet has always been bad. Now I'm just waiting for my dad to settle this disagreement with his job, get big monies, and then force him to get Cox.
lol at the toon spikes...we'll blame it on the lag...and yea I'm going to bed too(told my wife I'd only play for a few minutes) but I'll be on tommorow if you get a chance to go to your friends house...yea Cox is pretty good I have the upgraded faster version the offer for internet and it works pretty good...take care bud

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Most of Lafayette isn't very impressed with Brawl after a week. I still think it's a fun game, but it is definitely less balanced than Melee. I actually think it's a mind-numbing party game thus far, which isn't always a bad thing.

And I just don't know what the game developers were thinking when they designed Falcon and Yoshi in this game... Nintendo's rewarding of characters who look badass (like Metaknight, ZeroSuit, Wolf, and Marth) by actually making them as badass as they look, kinda pisses me off. Nintendo definitely tried to impress some 10 year olds who could be super awesome in this game.

We ended up playing Melee today. Dayum it feels good to be able to move.

After playing Brawl for a few hours, my guess at the tier list:
Top tier: Metaknight, ZeroSuitSamus, Pit
High: Wolf, Marth

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
i think you just need to give it more time. and wow @ that tier list of yours. take some time with Olimar and Diddy, for two.

Top Bottom