• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

eet

Smash Ace
its still too early for me to pick a main...i need more of a feel on everyone. i like rob, peach, lucario, and pit. just got wolf, im likin him a lot.

btw i turned 21 today, well...yesterday now. happy bday?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
happy birthday eric, welcome to adulthood it sucks ***, u can now legaly buy alcohol(ur gonna need it)

I think when everthing is said and done snake will be sitting at the top of the tier list, at first glance he looks like a waste of a character with no moves, but he's the most complex character in the game and once someone is able to use him effectiveley his mindgames will out-match every opponent..... not to say he wont have counters, but as of now i see him to be the deepest character in the game w/ the most potential i also see some of this in diddy,toon link,olimar,lucas the more basic "good characters" would be marth,pit,dedede,wolf,ike,metaknight

falco is still a mystery to me, i have no idea how good he is or will be

fox just seems like an average character now kinda like mario was(is?)

luigi,g&w,zelda/shiek,wario,peach,PT even s(z)amus seem like good characters that can win tournaments

rob is a good character

the character with the least to offer to me are DK,falcon,jiggly,yoshi,bowser

some characters im on the fence with are kirby,sonic,pikachu,ness,iceclimbers they could be good or bad but most likely get lost as more advanced play starts happening

lucario is deep character but not really good hes really wtf to me as far as tiers are concerned

speculation

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Happy Birthday Erics! Now I can spike all your drinks ^_^

In before Cyphus' comments about immaturity, anime phase.

Now excuse me while I do some midnyte workout. 25 more situps!

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
IMO, Dedede is more in depth than u think shyG. hes rly slow but his moves have good priority when you know where it is. toonlink will prolly be hard to play.. but w.e

marth is awesome and rly easy to use. wolf is insane. i finally played with him yesterday and hes def my first or second best.

lucario WILL be good.

i hate the new falco but he good.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
but no johns, there rly isnt much to this game.

good thing i dont rly care.

tripple post for the win.

i challenge someone a race to 1000

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to add my 2 cents for the brawl friend codes on the first page. Kenner, Metairie, and New Orleans should all be under one section, because that's considered the greater New Orleans area. I live in Metairie but I still put myself under the New Orleans section. For example you probably wouldn't make another section for Denham Springs, rather you would put that person under Baton Rouge. But anyways that's just my 2 cents.

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
and yea I haven't had enough time yet to pick a main(mainly because I've been busy with work and I haven't had time to unlock everyone) but my main has always been Link in melee and 64...haven't seen anyone put Link on their list so I thought I'd throw it out there...I made it to the semi finals with Link at the gamestop on W. Esplanade and the guy who ended up winning was a Link(btw if they would have let us play with the gamecube controller I probably would have won, but they made us play with the Wiimote and Nunchuck...and that was first time playing brawl too)

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ya, dedede does have some depth to him but hes also one of the easiest to just pick up and play, he is a big target though. Lucas is like what ness should have been in meele, no one was ever able to fully utilize his strengths because he lacked the prority to exocute them properly, now that lucas is able to do that hes a serious contender for top tier. im afraid toonlink will get to good with his projectiles u need someone with a reflector to counter him, olimar is broken on another level, the thought of high level play with him frightens me, u gotta like kill him quick before he ***** u from within...
Link is like low/bottom tier, Gannondorf is like the anti-depth character, u use simple techchasing and power attacks before ur opponent has time to do anything

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
and thanks for adding all of us lee, I'll do the same tonight...just didn't have time last night(went to visit my cousin in the hospital and her new baby boy) but I'm gonna try to get everyone unlocked before I start playing alot of online...I'm at 45% right now with the SSE so I shouldn't have to much further to go...I just unlocked Snake last night.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Lucas is completely rockin' my Wii. He's got some unbelievably tough matchups though - Marth, Ike, Bowser, and Sheik so far.

I've been playing MK off and on, he's good...but I will definitely have to practice the hell out of some things, although I do have a beautiful video of me (MK) vs. Ken (Mario) where I fair him off the stage to death, but then he wins because I can't glide correctly and because Mario's fireballs completely ****.

Work sucks, I just wanna stay home all day every day and play Brawl. I still haven't unlocked every character.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
what i dont understand is why is everyone that plays smash rly old beside like me, sudia and young dylan?

sigh.

anyway, uhh someone needs to come play brawl with me or something cause the lag sucks imo

call call all of those who have my number;

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
Yea you got plenty of time to figure that out(I would recomend college) but before my wife and I got married we had been dating for 5 and 1/2 years since the begining of our senior year in high school so...she's pretty use to my video game playing and knows what smash bros is but she won't play it...the only "new" game I can get her to play is mario kart 64 and mario kart DS cause the graphics don't confuse her, but she still plays Mario Bros 3 like a champ

on another side note Smash Bros 64 came out when I was 13 and melee came out when I was 16 so to me I don't feel old at all...my friend and I went to a smash 64 team tourney(I played as Link and he played as Pikachu...we kicked ***) in the esplanade mall when were 16 right before melee came out and I remember there were like 40 year olds there that we destroyed...now that's too old

I joke around with my birth year cause I was born in 1985...the same year NES came out...so it was basically destined 4 life...the 40 year olds have no excuse other than there just big nerds...lol j/k

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Just wanted to add my 2 cents for the brawl friend codes on the first page. Kenner, Metairie, and New Orleans should all be under one section, because that's considered the greater New Orleans area. I live in Metairie but I still put myself under the New Orleans section. For example you probably wouldn't make another section for Denham Springs, rather you would put that person under Baton Rouge. But anyways that's just my 2 cents.
Denham Springs has no place in Baton Rouge.

Denham Springs = Livingston Parish
Baton Rouge = East Baton Rouge Parish
Both parishes are divided by rivers.

F**K DENHAM SPRANGS. lol

To DS smashers, Im foolin.

But DS isn't considered part of the Greater Baton Rouge Area. I believe Port Allen is though.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
...just got married this past December
I'm sorry to hear that.
Anyway, the rapist is mainin the Italian Stallion (who saw that comin), and I tend to dabble in the affairs of Pit (he's got some nice aerials, and he has two things that reflect, so blow me Falco). I really wanna learn Wolf, because he's cool and all, and the Trainer, cause it's like "oh, I know what you're gonna do, you're gonna vine whip again, oh wait, now you're a dragon, wtf", plus Ivy's usmash and aerial (I forget which one) is the ****. I'm sure I'll fiddle with a couple more chars, but once that new character smell wears off, it'll prob be Luigi, Pit, and Trainer.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Include Destrehan in New Orleans.

Also, I main DDD. xD

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
Yea you got plenty of time to figure that out(I would recomend college) but before my wife and I got married we had been dating for 5 and 1/2 years since the begining of our senior year in high school so...she's pretty use to my video game playing and knows what smash bros is but she won't play it...the only "new" game I can get her to play is mario kart 64 and mario kart DS cause the graphics don't confuse her, but she still plays Mario Bros 3 like a champ
same here but i been dating my gf for 3 yr and we live together. i tried to make her play SSE together but she gave up after 5min. so i had to restart the stage. she did that 3 times.:mad:. anyway im going to get her to play mario kart wii cus she like it. and SHE IS ALSO A MARIO BROS 1 and 3 CHAMPION. I use to always have to play it with her on the snes but now i boughtt it for the wii

Sudai

Stuff here
Nicknyte, that's a bad burn. X/0 = Undefined. Undefined = undefinable. Undefinable = Not able to be described. Not able to be describe = over exaggerated compliment in general, usually given to a girl to get in her pants. Being less than that isn't really putting him too low.

D

Deleted member

char adjustment (for me, not a tier list):
best: marth
good: fox, jiggs, lucus, diddy
still learning: luigi, toon link
wanting to learn: zero suit, ddd, dk

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dang, I pop in here after a few weeks, and there's tons of peopel I dont' know . . .

Ah anyways, I'm going to get my router soon so I'll get y'all my brawl code asap. <3

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
so whens the first brawl tourney gonna be? I got really good all of a sudden, then i played someone better than me :( i think i have the best pit in the world im doing stuff with him that i dont see other people doing in videos i dont want anyone to see my style till i play in a tournament.... *hides*

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Actually, there will be one here in BR on 4/19. I should have enough of the details worked out within the next few days, so expect some more info soon.

Top Bottom