• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
"Brawl gives you more control in that area than both Melee and 64"? Ahaha tripping gives you more control? No wavedashing and wavelanding gives you more control? The ***k

:phone:

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
"Brawl gives you more control in that area than both Melee and 64"? Ahaha tripping gives you more control? No wavedashing and wavelanding gives you more control? The ***k

Just ignore his troll posts. There were so many wrong statements in those posts. :urg:

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
There really were. I personally dont care who plays brawl. Of course its a different game and FOR A FACT not as technical. But that doesnt make it a bad game. Some people just prefer what they've grown to know (brawl). And a lot of people get turned away from melee after playing someone good. I guess they feel there is too much catching up to do. Nonetheless, to each his own. But I feel there should be a mutual respect between all smash games and communities. That respect is lost when people say Brawl requires you to be smarter herpderp. Everything in life requires you to be smart and the smarter you are, the more successful you will be at those things. Anyway, who wants to play some meleeeee today?

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
There really were. I personally dont care who plays brawl. Of course its a different game and FOR A FACT not as technical. But that doesnt make it a bad game. Some people just prefer what they've grown to know (brawl). And a lot of people get turned away from melee after playing someone good. I guess they feel there is too much catching up to do. Nonetheless, to each his own. But I feel there should be a mutual respect between all smash games and communities. That respect is lost when people say Brawl requires you to be smarter herpderp. Everything in life requires you to be smart and the smarter you are, the more successful you will be at those things. Anyway, who wants to play some meleeeee today?

I would! Instead, I'm going to work on projects due tomorrow because I'm in Shreveport. BR Melee would allow me to procrastinate heavily, like I used to do.

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice

Melee sucks. Brawl doesn't. And that's the end of that discussion. Who wants to play WoW?

-Ran

Smash Master
P:M, the new hotness.

I really want to play it this week, or melee. I'm off Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday.

Dave0

Smash Rookie
I've never posted here before but I'm looking for a ride to lazer tag saturday if anyone's got time. I'm on lsu campus if you're interested thanks~

D

Deleted member

Lol. I should accidentally start wars more often. All I was trying to imply is that I hate that players who have never been competitive at Melee bash on it. For a short period of time I was probably the second or 3rd best in la at brawl and I just don't like the game. While I'm sure everyone has played Melee a long time ago, I just don't feel like anyone who has never given it a shot on a competitive level can't bash it.

Griffard

Smash Ace
I think the fact that Brawl players say that their game requires more reads or smarter play is just ignorant. I'm just sick of that argument. Just because there are fewer facets of Brawl in high level play doesn't mean they are accentuated or more significant than those in Melee.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Anyone who plays smash is a scrub. Pick up a game that's actually considered a fighter. Smash isn't a fighter, so don't call yourself a fighting game person. :troll:

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who plays smash is a scrub. Pick up a game that's actually considered a fighter. Smash isn't a fighter, so don't call yourself a fighting game person. :troll:
I can play UMvC3, SSF4:AE, some Tekken 6, and I tried out SG for a while. Get on my level, scrubs.:)

D

Deleted member

So Nola is coming over for Melee/pm tomorrow. Should probably have 8-10 people and 3-4 setups. I think I've already texted everyone who would want to come but if I missed anyone you're welcome to come! They're coming around 4. My number is 2258924778

Also thinking about having a round robin tournament for $2 or $3. Everyone would get to see everyone else's tournament play. If we had 10 people it would be 45 matches on 4 tv. But it would probably take 1-2 hours. So if people want to I'm down. But if everyone would just rather use the time to play friendliest then that's cool with me too.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Sup guys. Probably going to be visiting for endymion, assuming our group can get the ride situation figured out (my car is on its last legs - the white benz's days are numbered:(). Might potentially be down to hang out for an evening and play depending on what the rest of the people I'm visiting with want to do. Anyone that I used to hang with (or not) from Nola interested in playing sometime that weekend?

Also, stumbled across this and figured I'd chime in.

There is no way at all a random or a slightly well known player will ever have an upset and beat Armada,Dr PP, or Mango. It is possible but it's illogical to think so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6I6OkhiQII

Just sayin'

Griffard

Smash Ace
So Nola is coming over for Melee/pm tomorrow. Should probably have 8-10 people and 3-4 setups. I think I've already texted everyone who would want to come but if I missed anyone you're welcome to come! They're coming around 4. My number is 2258924778

Also thinking about having a round robin tournament for $2 or $3. Everyone would get to see everyone else's tournament play. If we had 10 people it would be 45 matches on 4 tv. But it would probably take 1-2 hours. So if people want to I'm down. But if everyone would just rather use the time to play friendliest then that's cool with me too.
Dude you're way ahead of me I was going to suggest a small house tourney since we'll have a decent amount of players anyways. Noice.

Griffard

Smash Ace
Sup guys. Probably going to be visiting for endymion, assuming our group can get the ride situation figured out (my car is on its last legs - the white benz's days are numbered:(). Might potentially be down to hang out for an evening and play depending on what the rest of the people I'm visiting with want to do. Anyone that I used to hang with (or not) from Nola interested in playing sometime that weekend?

Also, stumbled across this and figured I'd chime in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6I6OkhiQII

Just sayin'
You're definitely welcome to chill and have some games/brewskis at my place. We're in uptown NOLA just a few blocks from St. Charles and Jefferson. (Not sure if you know any streets, but those are big, close ones.)

edit: assuming you play melee, that is

Sudai

Stuff here
Taylor, Young Dylan's gonna be coming with me. Eric mmaayybbee but prolly not. His nephew having a BDay dinner or some shiz.

I'd enter a $2 RR tournie too cause **** it.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
ROUND 2! Get hyped!

Also, I'm popping in this thread to let you know that Megabus is doing a promo for $1 bus rides into Texas. The promo code is in the OP of the tourney thread. I was glad to see you guys add to the great turnout at the last tournament. Hopefully, I'll see everyone there again!

Tesh

Smash Hero
I was actually talking about this a week or so ago. The elitist "looking down on you" food chain goes like this.

FPS/RTS Esports > Traditional Fighters > Melee> Brawl >Smash 4> PSAS

Listening to people make fun of Melee players is like finding out your bully has his own bigger meaner bully.

ROUND 2! Get hyped!

Also, I'm popping in this thread to let you know that Megabus is doing a promo for $1 bus rides into Texas. The promo code is in the OP of the tourney thread. I was glad to see you guys add to the great turnout at the last tournament. Hopefully, I'll see everyone there again!
I don't think that works for rides ending or starting outside TX tho, u can still use the "trymegabus" code thru feb so i dont get why they would run yet another promo at the same time as free tickets.

Top Bottom