• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

someone responsible should take over the OP from okuser.

there are 2 (basically) melee only events on the same day. dec 29

curlz play n trade thing and the smashcon melee special

FreddyBR

Smash Cadet
Soooo the real question is... Who's coming with me tim and jake to apex? I got one more spot... LOL

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Well I already booked my flight, I was waiting on TX to join their hotel deal. If yall have a housing spot open freddy, I'll take it.

EDIT: Gunner can I stay at your place tonight? If not, I'll just make the long drive tomorrow morning.

D

Deleted member

90% sure I'm going to Houston on December 22. Tim also wants to come. Freddy and jake?

:phone:

Also is that when tai will be on town?

ChKn

Smash Ace
So what is the best way to get into Melee? Just realized that I have no clue how to practice besides figuring out basic movements.

D

Deleted member

Play with people, study videos, try to emulate pros

Don't you live in br?

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Nomination

someone responsible should take over the OP from okuser.

there are 2 (basically) melee only events on the same day. dec 29

curlz play n trade thing and the smashcon melee special
I Nominate Bomber. Hes cool and stuff.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Play with people, study videos, try to emulate pros

Don't you live in br?
No Laffy.

I also really like how Jiggz plays in this game. Might use her as my main. In addition, I finally unlocked FD after having the game for 8 years.

D

Deleted member

So after putting it off for months I picked tonight to update my phone. Took about an hour. My ex girlfriend shows up at my house at 315 saying my roommate (her cousin) went to jail after trying to call me multiple times and we have to go pick up his car. My luck is too strong.

I guess to be fair, his luck is even stronger.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So after putting it off for months I picked tonight to update my phone. Took about an hour. My ex girlfriend shows up at my house at 315 saying my roommate (her cousin) went to jail after trying to call me multiple times and we have to go pick up his car. My luck is too strong.

I guess to be fair, his luck is even stronger.
Sometimes luck is all you need to make the difference.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Gunner and I won teams, chuck nasty and typ_ex got 2nd, out of 6 teams. Singles is just starting, with about 15 entrants. I'm so ready to go...

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Tyler too free...
All future Who's Tyler Events are officially Limbo Banned. :/

Jk we really do suck a lot.

Yeah gunner, Chuck Nasty is REALLY good. I was shocked you beat him lol. Him and Jnig were both 9 seeds.

Okuser you should still try and make the next one! It's gonna potentially be the biggest/hypest Who's Tyler yet. Gonna try and get everyone out there!

D

Deleted member

Yes the tournament you linked had someone else entering under denti's name.

sheikamaru

jive
For those of you that don't follow my twitter, I made bank earlier today, MM'ing Sync, Asa, shadow1pj, Kilik, and Maharba and won every single one, so winning $37, plus the $35 I made from winning doubles, I didn't do so bad this weekend! :)

Such weak-minded mentalities... I can't understand how one person can make the 6 hour drive to Houston, but NO ONE can make the simple drive to BR? And I should be depressed? I got to team with GNES, played ULTIMATE RAZER, beat PWII, won MM's, got good experience and practice overall over the course of just two days! What did you guys do to get better this weekend? Play LOL?

I think we need a change of scene, as in possibly ditching BR's Laser Tag and looking at a new venue, especially in NOLA. As much as I would like to host my own smashfests and tournies, I have too much on my plate to do so, nor do I have my own place I can invite people to practice. We can't mention Dibbz anymore, because they no longer allow people to bring their own TV's. I can search around and see what I can find in my area (like NO's Laser Tag) to host something, but I won't have the time to do all of the groundwork, like advertisement.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to APEX yet, but I'm still keeping the thought in the back of my head. No one got APEX points because there had to be at least 32 entrants. Hopefully if I do go, I won't be considered a no-name Wario from LA this time.

/lifeupdate
I sandbagged so you wouldn't feel bad going home.

- pj / gj against sync tho lol

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Jnig more power to ya mann. I'll make a post about why I think people don't go to tourneys when I'm at my computer. Grats on the wins this weekend.

Top Bottom