• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Cmon, anyone wanna go with me PLEASE

It's about time some of you MOFOS went OoS!
Low on dough bro. I don't work enough to travel a lot. :(

I'll be busting my *** this holiday to earn some extra cash.

Because I would if I could. Rep LA and all with my trash mains.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Low on dough bro. I don't work enough to travel a lot. :(

I'll be busting my *** this holiday to earn some extra cash.

Because I would if I could. Rep LA and all with my trash mains.
When do you travel AT ALL? One AL tourney a couple months back?

Today is basically the last day for me to ask off work, so it's now or never guys.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Well if you can afford to take the time off for only one, I'd go to APEX. If you can go to both, go to both.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Well, I'm going to Ascension, regardless of who's coming with me.

For APEX, I'll need to put more thought into that. Gonna look at prices and whatnot this week.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Just searched JetBlue, that would be 275 roundtrip. Expedia got me looking at 251 roundtrip. This is from Thursday, Jan 11, to Monday, Jan 14.

Gotta look at hotel stuff tho. Gotta make sure I have my rides and money good to go by the time I book everything.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That is an amazing image.

Everyone on our pr actively plays and try to improve. And I've talked to the other states. There are 50 of them 25 of them have only 2 players willing to do anything 10 of them have 5-6 players that are actively tryin o get better. Another 10 are like us where we have 10+ people who attend tournies or at least have a tournament or smashfest every weekend. And only 5 states Texas,NJ,Ca,MI,Florida and New England(I count it as one place) are super powers with 20+ active people and several top top players

:phone:
Uhh,... hey neighbor?

You're right next door to a state that consistently pulls 30+ events with 3-5 names worth knowing. AL is really damn close to GA (like MD/VA close) and between the two, we probably have about 50 players that regularly attend events. We just held an event that had over a hundred players in GA, but none of you guys showed. You want to talk about drive? First you've got to get in your car and show me that you have the drive. Car, bus, etc and show up some in AL and you'll get your money's worth out of it. Get connected with your neighboring scenes because they are much bigger than you and you stand to profit so much from developing a connection in AL and TX.

Hey guys, I'd like to get some input. I'm going to propose to smashcon that for every event that we do (local or big), that we do some sort of fun and free event. What would you guys like to have? The only ideas I have are something like an items tourny and P:M (until it becomes an official event). It also doesn't have to be Brawl related. When I went to Alabama, we had a Super Mario 64 speed run tourny which was really fun. If we manage to do this, it would be important that people come on time so we can start the main tournament first and get that over with so we can conclude the night with something fun and casual.
Don't run Mario Party. Takes ****ing forever or we would've run it. Something that is easy and breaks into chunks. Doesn't have to be fancy like Mario 64 was, but if you want to go the fancy route then find something easily dividable into small chunks like Mario 64 stars was.

Personally, I wouldn't ever consider promising something like that at every event, or any event for that matter. Come up with something and run it when you come up with it. It's not the focal point and it shouldn't be.

Shame Mario 64 racing would never happen, I'd Lee Martin this state in that.
You wouldn't break top 3 in Mobile.

#callout

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Now that I'm done getting distracted by reading the LA thread, I came here to post this:

This is likely going to get huge. We've got people on call from FL, NC, and the Midwest and interest from farther.

MK banned, full stage striking, and 2 stage bans.

Past the Brawl event, there's also going to be what looks like one of the largest P:M tournaments that the game has had.

Housing via UAH for $15 bucks for a room for two people. Megabus goes to Birmingham, but Greyhound gets you to Huntsville. I'll do what I can to get people there.

Here's 4 months prewarning. Please don't ***** out on me now. I would really love to get to see some of you guys more.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Well, I'm going to Ascension, regardless of who's coming with me.

For APEX, I'll need to put more thought into that. Gonna look at prices and whatnot this week.
I'm going to Apex this year, so I may want to join you for Ascension. When were you planning on leaving and such? Text me the details if you need, I may be able to get out of work.

Edit: If this ****s at a hookah bar, why isn't Hyro going? Isn't he normally all over that kind of smoke?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
@Ryker- I want to encourage attendance and fun at tournaments hosted here so I'm willing to experiment. I want to try and promise a fun event at every tournament if all possible. The guys here have shown they love fun (and free) side events. So I'll keep trying to improve the quality of experience as much as I can, speaking as a TO.

@insomniiac- Dude, yes. That's a great idea! If anyone has a PS3 and PSAS, needs to bring it to the next event and we will have it. I don't care if we wind up having one set-up, we should definitely give it a try for one of our events! :D

insomniiac

Smash Cadet
@Ryker- I want to encourage attendance and fun at tournaments hosted here so I'm willing to experiment. I want to try and promise a fun event at every tournament if all possible. The guys here have shown they love fun (and free) side events. So I'll keep trying to improve the quality of experience as much as I can, speaking as a TO.

@insomniiac- Dude, yes. That's a great idea! If anyone has a PS3 and PSAS, needs to bring it to the next event and we will have it. I don't care if we wind up having one set-up, we should definitely give it a try for one of our events! :D
i have a ps3 and psas, i only have 1 controller though, so ppl bring controllers!! i can run a ffa or 2v2 side tourney $1 entry would be way more fun though.
also, you can always do like 1 stock tourney or Stamina, or Fast, hHeavy brawl. way more fan than something weird like speedruns or mario party. dont get me wrong pario party is the **** but not as a side event.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I want to try out PSAS so I'll be coming over soon to play it (I have a controller), and Melee of course.

I'll bring my recording equipment so Taylor can know how much he would destroy you. He bodied me this weekend already and it was fun.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I'm going to Apex this year, so I may want to join you for Ascension. When were you planning on leaving and such? Text me the details if you need, I may be able to get out of work.

Edit: If this ****s at a hookah bar, why isn't Hyro going? Isn't he normally all over that kind of smoke?
He is busy stealing the declaration of independence

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
That is an amazing image.

Uhh,... hey neighbor?

You're right next door to a state that consistently pulls 30+ events with 3-5 names worth knowing. AL is really damn close to GA (like MD/VA close) and between the two, we probably have about 50 players that regularly attend events. We just held an event that had over a hundred players in GA, but none of you guys showed. You want to talk about drive? First you've got to get in your car and show me that you have the drive. Car, bus, etc and show up some in AL and you'll get your money's worth out of it. Get connected with your neighboring scenes because they are much bigger than you and you stand to profit so much from developing a connection in AL and TX.

you guys ban mk though so I don't count you as a legit existence........

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Don't commit to something that can't be delivered though. You WILL run out of ideas and be left with mediocre ones if you try a different event like that at every event. Try things till you find one that works and stick with it until you have a better idea.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Don't commit to something that can't be delivered though. You WILL run out of ideas and be left with mediocre ones if you try a different event like that at every event. Try things till you find one that works and stick with it until you have a better idea.
You make it sound like I'm only going to use an idea once. I'll use an idea multiple times if it proves to be a success. I also don't plan on sticking to just one game for side events. I'll have multiple games which I'll offer. Either way, I'll work something out.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
I like Ryker. He's just confrontational by nature, and has passion for smash.
My thoughts on MK ban aside, we should be making an effort to go to more AL/GA tournies.

Top Bottom