• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Been bumping this **** all weekend. Easily one of his best works. Lyrically he has stepped up in was you would not expect from somebody who has released so many CDs over the last 20 years.

**** Swizz beats though, he ruined the song "Summer on Smash". He repeats himself too much and makes hooks annoying.

:phone:
Swizz is a millionaire producer that ****s Alicia keys. If anything you should repeat yourself too much and make hooks annoying.

SHOWTIME!!! SWIZZY!!!

-Ran

Smash Master
Finally moved in. No internet till Thursday, and so insanely exhausted from helping the other three people move. My stuff was done in an hour, the rest took multiple days. @.@ Now I get to work ~55 hours this week at work [and the next three weeks. @.@ with Sundays being my only off day.]

Urgh. I want to play Smash, but work and moving isn't making this easy. >/

Also... Lol at Smashcon suggesting that TOs should take money from the pot to pay for their 'services'. You TO because you love the scene, not to make money from it. Your payment is the joy of getting players together who would normally stay in their own little gaming circles.

bks

Smash Cadet
NNID
byronjr
@ Nites I feel you on the "not giving a crap" towards picking stages. I never cared myself, I loved the challenge of being at a disadvantage. Honestly, I hate the stage FD, even more than ps2. Is that weird?

Curlz

Smash Lord
Also... Lol at Smashcon suggesting that TOs should take money from the pot to pay for their 'services'. You TO because you love the scene, not to make money from it. Your payment is the joy of getting players together who would normally stay in their own little gaming circles.
Opinions are subjective.

ChKn

Smash Ace

There would be a problem if there were like 6 TOs hosting one big tourney. If you're just heavy advertising and using your own money to advertise, then you should go ahead and be compensated for that.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I don't think Smashcon is in it for the money... Eric told me he spent $1400 of his own money on it. I think they are trying to entice people to TO, but I agree with you, TOing isn't about money.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Alright, as it stands for the WHOBO trip, here's the list of interested people (in chronological order):

John (schedule johns)
BSL (may ride with Ryker)
BSP (CONFIRMED)
MAR
Byron

When you guys are 100% no doubt absolutely can go, I need you to go to the WHOBO thread's OP and follow the directions to register, and let me know that you did.
Updated!

Blaise has dropped out, and Byron has expressed his interest.

For those still interested: I plan on leaving Friday, August 3rd, and coming back Monday, August 6th. I have housing already for us with Sync.

bks

Smash Cadet
NNID
byronjr
I can't say total, but venue is 40 if you pre reg, and 50 at the door.

Singles is 15

So that's 55 at the least right there.
Tha heck! $40-$50 for venue? Seriously? What about getting there? Then $15 for singles? You still never said the date

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It's not about the money, it's more about encouraging people to TO and add to the Smashcon circuit that is being built. He also gives TOs the option to take a cut out the pot as thanks for their work.

I think (don't hold me to it) I saw something in there about taking another cut out of the pot for expenses. With the size that our normal tournaments go (which aren't that big), there's no point in taking out the pot. Even if a TO wanted to take some pay from a tournament, it wouldn't be much anyway, so it would be better to just leave it in the pot. In my opinion, unless it's the convention itself, the smaller tournaments that will be sponsored should not have their pots tapped for anything.

Ercik's just trying to make his next steps for Smashcon as a whole, ideas for today will probably change tomorrow; ideas are just bouncing off the walls right now.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Ehh, that post is kind of backwards. "Alot of high tier characters would be back in the running."

More like it'll make mid and low tiers even more unviable because of how powerful diddy, olimar and icies are with the japanese stagelist along with no daves stupid rule.

If the stagelist is used then we need to be able to strike neutrals, and daves stupid rule needs to apply as well.

It makes no sense for game 1 to be on FD and you lose to Ice Climbers then game 3 they take you right back to FD.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Ehh, that post is kind of backwards. "Alot of high tier characters would be back in the running."

More like it'll make mid and low tiers even more unviable because of how powerful diddy, olimar and icies are with the japanese stagelist along with no daves stupid rule.

If the stagelist is used then we need to be able to strike neutrals, and daves stupid rule needs to apply as well.

It makes no sense for game 1 to be on FD and you lose to Ice Climbers then game 3 they take you right back to FD.
Clearly you didn't read the comments under the blog because this is something they expressed interest in changing.
And what BSP said.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Guys, Ryker needs a place to stay in BR for thursday or friday night. Can someone house him?

Edit: The thursday or the friday before WHOBO, not the one right here.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Alright, as it stands for the WHOBO trip, here's the list of interested people (in chronological order):

John (schedule johns)
BSP (CONFIRMED)
Adam?

When you guys are 100% no doubt absolutely can go, I need you to go to the WHOBO thread's OP and follow the directions to register, and let me know that you did.
Updated!

MAR isn't coming with me, and BSL is riding with Ryker/staying with Gova. Adam has expressed interest (because he knows it will be awesome!).

So only BSP has 100% confirmed his spot in my carpool. I can't wait much longer!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Updated!

MAR isn't coming with me, and BSL is riding with Ryker/staying with Gova. Adam has expressed interest (because he knows it will be awesome!).

So only BSP has 100% confirmed his spot in my carpool. I can't wait much longer!
If you've just got two, we could probably merge this.

Top Bottom