• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
Cyphus, while the mindset behind the official decision was not childish, you have to admit the community's attitude toward it in general is very childish.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i concur. though i haven't been very active on the boards in a long time. irregardless, brawls been out 3 years, right? MK has had plenty time ****** this game. i dont think removing him will 'reset the metagame' so to speak, considering diddy, snake, falco, wario, will still be the next in line..but its a healthy change for more character and stage diversity, as well as make not for as boring and redundant tournament play.

personally, i think its the best you can do with the least surgical change. anything less drastic doesn't fix the problem..and anything more drastic..well..you would end up with just a very different, but better game *cough* plus, project M..

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I feel the current situation of tourney rulesets to be unfair, so I reposted this from the MK thread and propose we change our ruleset to make it more fair.

http://www.sadpanda.us/images/676044-XAZRZSH.jpg
Pokeballs banned? WTF?

When I played Melee in NRLA (when the game was still fun and you ****s didn't ruin it), we had a set character, items on, FFA, and whoever lost gave up the controller. Also, it was generally frowned upon to edgehog. You could curse and throw **** all you wanted, but there was a code of conduct.

Kit Kat~:3

Smash Rookie
mk wasn't banned because people didn't 'like him'. theres data behind it that people like to ignore.
and even if mk was only broken to noobs...the community IS noobs. a responsibility of leaders is to adhere to the masses. the only thing more important than 'fair' is 'fun'..and thats the deciding factor.

also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R3AH9y_wkk0
"Name 3 out of the 5 office supplies"
"Hamburger..."
LOLOL. *****, you dumb.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
citation needed
Yeah I don't know the exact link or numbers but MK has an overwhelming amount Tournament winnings and win percentages. Pretty sure he had more money won than the next two characters combined.

Personally I'm indifferent. MikeHaze's video had a lot of good points in it. Couldn't really focus on it too much though since he had all that damn sweat on his forehead.

BSP

Smash Legend
more like 4 or 5 combined

MK is in no way ban worthy due to brokeness, we've got countless examples of MKs being beat

But I still don't think he's healthy for the game...honestly, it seems like everything just focuses around him. It really comes down to what you think is "too much"

D

Deleted member

If that's the case, then can we please finally ban Fox, Marth, Sheik, and Falco from Melee?

Please..? :)
lol. i would argue but i would get trolled so whats the point. also: all arguments are obvious. it would be redundant.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Woohoo I get to play every weekend this month.

Oct 8 - Lost @ Lafayette Play-N-Trade (brawl 1v1 2v2)
Oct 15 - Lafayette Monthly @ Broussard GameOver (AE, 3S, MvC3)
Oct 21 - Gameware Monthly @ Baton Rouge Gameware (AE, MvC3, what ever Vaughn thinks up)
Oct 29 - Chinese Inn (Any events at this besides brawl 1v1?)

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Woohoo I get to play every weekend this month.
Oct 21 - Gameware Monthly @ Baton Rouge Gameware (AE, MvC3, what ever Vaughn thinks up)
Oct 29 - Chinese Inn (Any events at this besides brawl 1v1?)
I'll be running Melee and I hear Smash 64 will be at the GW this month

BSP

Smash Legend
I'll be needing a ride to whatever laffy tournament is this weekend.

Can anyone from BR or Nola help me out?

Top Bottom