• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
anybody can host a tournament. it doesn't mean they should have the power to outright ban a character.
but mk ISNT outright banned. the community is overreacting, imo.

this is just 17 "anybodies" banning MK together at the tournaments they host.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
truth. despite what ever they say, they cant force anyone to ban him. theres no regulated tournament host like mlg anymore. its just up to TOs

also lee: 50$, but if his mom calls the cops on me you have to pay for me to get out of jail.
I don't have that kind of cash, but I would love to see that shizzz

but mk ISNT outright banned. the community is overreacting, imo.

this is just 17 "anybodies" banning MK together at the tournaments they host.
I wish the urc were anybodies, but many many people will follow their lead unless something is done about it.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I don't have that kind of cash, but I would love to see that shizzz

I wish the urc were anybodies, but many many people will follow their lead unless something is done about it.
This.

:/ Some of those guys are nobodies almost.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
either the people are following them, and they therefore have influence and power by default, or theyre nobodies.

its sort of like they were elected, ya know? the people gave them power, so they have the power. if the people think they shouldnt have power, they wont have it anymore.

D

Deleted member

Lafayette tournaments (at least the ones hosted by me) will not be MK banned.

TASOL / LouisiAnime 2012 might not either
well im not going to any of these tournaments. they dont follow the unity rule set. unfair bull****.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
either the people are following them, and they therefore have influence and power by default, or theyre nobodies.

its sort of like they were elected, ya know? the people gave them power, so they have the power. if the people think they shouldnt have power, they wont have it anymore.
i'm not sure who elected them, i would imagine it was the bbr... if the bbr did elect them then thats reallllly sad bc most of the ppl in the bbr are a joke. Many good players and I quit a long long time ago bc of the terribles they allowed back there. It wasn't worth debating with anybody bc ******* that didnt know what they were talking about would come and argue.

I feel like all the good people left the bbr and all the scrubs that were left made the scrubbiest decision of all.. to ban mk.

BSP

Smash Legend
no, the URC is totally separate. That's why they changed their name from BBR-RC to Unity Ruleset Committee.

They also weren't literally elected, but since people went to their events, like BSL said, we gave them the power.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
I won't be participating in any non-unity ruleset tournaments.

I mean I just started playing brawl but the only people I have trouble against play MK. Props to URC for banning him. Its obvious that he was just there for noobs to abuse and act like they had skill.

Sudai

Stuff here
With the advent of the MK ban, like 3 characters hold the rest of the 34 down. We need to ban those characters so the other 34 are viable.

Shampoo that mother****er.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i'm not sure who elected them, i would imagine it was the bbr... if the bbr did elect them then thats reallllly sad bc most of the ppl in the bbr are a joke. Many good players and I quit a long long time ago bc of the terribles they allowed back there. It wasn't worth debating with anybody bc ******* that didnt know what they were talking about would come and argue.

I feel like all the good people left the bbr and all the scrubs that were left made the scrubbiest decision of all.. to ban mk.
BSP understood. Not a literal election. Just popular opinion. They said something. People listened. They are now the leaders. That's it.

No one bestowed power to them. The community just listened to them, even though they had no qualification to ban MK. It's only influential because they host big tourneys.

:phone:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
^ XD I know, right?

inb4 LA scene gets divided and some only go to Unity only / some only go to non Unity only

More like tourney participation, anyway. The ban is just the ban and I don't think it'll hurt the scene much unless people only come for Smash (which pretty much no one does anymore, lol).

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
^ XD I know, right?

inb4 LA scene gets divided and some only go to Unity only / some only go to non Unity only

More like tourney participation, anyway. The ban is just the ban and I don't think it'll hurt the scene much unless people only come for Smash (which pretty much no one does anymore, lol).
Nope. Ban's already causing a high-sodium diet. Scene's gonna have a heart attack and die.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
If you ban those 4, falcon, peach, and jiggs will be the dominating characters.

Someone will always be at the top.

:phone:

Top Bottom